Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm thinking more about the fans of these clubs if they win:

Port: Wonder where to hide the half burnt effigy of Kenny. Decide upon putting it in the barrel of acid in the backyard that you'd prepared for the real Kenny.
Hawthorn: Be the most obnoxious smug campaigners on the planet
Brisbane, GWS, Sydney: Forgot it's on and then say "Well done." when you see it on the news.
Only GWS for me. The rest no.

I'm thinking more about the fans of these clubs if they win:

Port: Wonder where to hide the half burnt effigy of Kenny. Decide upon putting it in the barrel of acid in the backyard that you'd prepared for the real Kenny.
Hawthorn: Be the most obnoxious smug campaigners on the planet

Attachments

• IMG_4777.jpeg
    IMG_4777.jpeg
    27.6 KB · Views: 5

I have to get something off my chest. I want GWS to win the flag but my problem is that I actually like Hinkley. He's a very humble and honest dude. Although I love to ridicule him, he's one of footballs nice guys.

He doesnt seem to fit the "port" culture. Although it's impossible for him to do it now, I'd love Ken to come back later in life and walk out in front of the Port fans and turn around and bare his bum.... I just wonder how many of. those who were booing him a couple of months back were cheering him a few weeks back and have gone back to booing this week. Gutless, spineless supporters masquerading as passionate fans.

Hoping Port get up tonight. Seems like a longshot

Love Hawks to regain the lead with 6 Minutes left , get to an 11 point lead with 4 minutes remaining.

Concede a goal at the 2 minute mark.

45 seconds remaining Allir Allir to Rozee , to Butters , to JHF 30 out , Horne Francis kicks a snag.

Hinkley to run over and take a selfie with the hawks youngins tearing up.

Carlton is out so I'm happy, but if I had to pick a preference for tonight it's probably Port?

If Hawthorn go all the way they're on 14 so only 2 behind us and I'd prefer Ginni isn't rewarded for his horse shit either

He doesnt seem to fit the "port" culture. Although it's impossible for him to do it now, I'd love Ken to come back later in life and walk out in front of the Port fans and turn around and bare his bum.... I just wonder how many of. those who were booing him a couple of months back were cheering him a few weeks back and have gone back to booing this week. Gutless, spineless supporters masquerading as passionate fans.
It's not Kenny. Their supporters are used to winning and can't cope with becoming a small fish in a big pond, which doesn't dominate the comp.

Big big sound for me

I understand the h8 for the Pap, but otherwise I quite like the Swans as well. They have 2 pies players I like, and I respect the way they go about their business and their football. Also have several players I just respect and like watching (heeney, chad, errol, rowbottom). Pap is pretty meh to me, many players I cant stand more. At least he is a decent footballer, unlike owies.

It's not Kenny. Their supporters are used to winning and can't cope with becoming a small fish in a big pond, which doesn't dominate the comp.
I understand their history and psychology of it. It applies to some magpie supporters too. I just dont give them any respect. Nathan buckley was rumoured to be in the mix, post kenny. You'd have to be crazy...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand their history and psychology of it. It applies to some magpie supporters too. I just dont give them any respect. Nathan buckley was rumoured to be in the mix, post kenny. You'd have to be crazy...
Bucks might go alright there - they worship their players and he was a premiership player and magarey medallist for them. So the blame might fall elsewhere.

Kenny's issue is that he is a Victorian blow in - who can't get them there.

I have to get something off my chest. I want GWS to win the flag but my problem is that I actually like Hinkley. He's a very humble and honest dude. Although I love to ridicule him, he's one of footballs nice guys.

I'm with you. He was a fantastic player too. You should go over to the Port board and tell them how great Ken is ;)

Bucks might go alright there - they worship their players and he was a premiership player and magarey medallist for them. So the blame might fall elsewhere.

Kenny's issue is that he is a Victorian blow in - who can't get them there.

yes. we had the same thing when cahill came over to coach. I agree buckley was worshipped by some but others will hold a grudge..... they always do. We had people still calling buckley figjam until the day he gave it away.

I think clubs get a fan culture which is specific to the club. We all know richmond's "go into hiding during the bad years and preen when a premiership is won" culture...

I must admit that I respect hawthorn fans culture. They dont seem to care about anything other than winning premierships. They seem to trust the club...and the people within the club seem to concentrate on winning. It's easy to say that success breeds success, but Port has been super successful at SANFL level and they still eat other when they need someone to blame.

yes. we had the same thing when cahill came over to coach. I agree buckley was worshipped by some but others will hold a grudge..... they always do. We had people still calling buckley figjam until the day he gave it away.

I think clubs get a fan culture which is specific to the club. We all know richmond's "go into hiding during the bad years and preen when a premiership is won" culture...

I must admit that I respect hawthorn fans culture. They dont seem to care about anything other than winning premierships. They seem to trust the club...and the people within the club seem to concentrate on winning. It's easy to say that success breeds success, but Port has been super successful at SANFL level and they still eat other when they need someone to blame.

Interesting take on the Hawthorn fan culture.

Can't remember if I have posted this before or not - growing up in the 80's Hawthorn was the team kids at school (often the nerds or those who didn't care for football) would say they supported, just to stop being annoyed. Most of those people didn't give a toss about football and certainly did not attend matches.

Interestingly a lot of those people that I know, now like Aussie rules and do go to games - when Hawthorn are up and about.

I think the main difference between their fans and ours. We are invested in the journey. Hawthorn fans just want the destination.

So for me in terms of fan culture the Hawks I would align with Sydney. Both sets of fans like a winner. Sydney fans have the theatre as a fall back or so the narrative is. Not sure what the Hawks fans have?

Interesting take on the Hawthorn fan culture.

Can't remember if I have posted this before or not - growing up in the 80's Hawthorn was the team kids at school (often the nerds or those who didn't care for football) would say they supported, just to stop being annoyed. Most of those people didn't give a toss about football and certainly did not attend matches.

Interestingly a lot of those people that I know, now like Aussie rules and do go to games - when Hawthorn are up and about.

I think the main difference between their fans and ours. We are invested in the journey. Hawthorn fans just want the destination.

So for me in terms of fan culture the Hawks I would align with Sydney. Both sets of fans like a winner. Sydney fans have the theatre as a fall back or so the narrative is. Not sure what the Hawks fans have?

I dont disagree. It's not surprising that a guy from NSW called Albo supports the hawks. Maybe the lack of intensity means that it can give the internal club room to manage. I think one of the original mcrae strategies was to get the magpie fan intensity working for the team, and not against it.

Intensity is ok but you could see what happens when it goes overboard like it did with Port.

I was thinking about Pie fans when i was watching the trump debate.... Kamala says one word and triggers trump = kane kornes saying one word and it triggers hundreds of phone calls to SEN. It's better not to care what these goons think. If someone calls me crazy, i normally agree.

But as I said, I still respect the hawks fans attitude as being a good one for winning premierships...and that is what i care about.

I'd like for Port to win but I'll be stuffed if I can see how that happens based on the evidence of last week

The Hawks form and style of play looks good enough to win the flag IMO with perhaps only the tighter constraints of the SCG potentially dulling their potential.

If Port has any pride they'll put on a much better performance tonight but the loss of Burton on top of Houston and Farrell only adds to their defensive woes while up the other end they have gone tall trying I guess to exploit an undersized opposition.

Trouble is the Hawks have been doing a terrific job of denying inside 50's so going tall might only end up costing them at ground level and defensively.

The only team I’d be happy see win is Brisbane. I don’t hate them as much as the others and they gained a lot of respect last year
Agree,
That said i won't shed a tear if a Brisbane player slots a late one from 60 out on the boundary to put them in front which clearly goes through only to be called a point and is not replayed for fear of a riot.

it would be nice when the hawthorn small forwards drop their heads that a port player makes contact and the hawk is sent off for concussion... in fact, i like to see one of those in each quarter

oooh...i'd like to see. the port player do a quick little tik tok dance over the hawk....no disrespect of course

I'd like for Port to win but I'll be stuffed if I can see how that happens based on the evidence of last week

The Hawks form and style of play looks good enough to win the flag IMO with perhaps only the tighter constraints of the SCG potentially dulling their potential.

If Port has any pride they'll put on a much better performance tonight but the loss of Burton on top of Houston and Farrell only adds to their defensive woes while up the other end they have gone tall trying I guess to exploit an undersized opposition.

Trouble is the Hawks have been doing a terrific job of denying inside 50's so going tall might only end up costing them at ground level and defensively.
I think Port are a chance. Adelaide Oval is narrow - might stop Hawks spreading the ground as effectively as they have been and Port have to be breathing fire. Plus this season has been ****ing nuts.

But at the same time, I also think Hawks are the best bet for the flag.

I think Port are a chance. Adelaide Oval is narrow - might stop Hawks spreading the ground as effectively as they have been and Port have to be breathing fire. Plus this season has been ****ing nuts.

But at the same time, I also think Hawks are the best bet for the flag.
I think Port have to make a late change or 2 to their selected team if they are even a chance.

I really want Port to win, but I just can't see it with that team.

Port fans needed to boo Kenny last week, that fired them up last time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back