Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

A bit of trivia - If the Swans win next week, could Tay Tay be the first player to miss out on winning a premiership two years in a row at two different clubs?
Rene Kink played in the GF and lost at Cwood and Essendon but he had a gap year (1982) in between

I'm happy for Grundy
I must be in the minority that I don't mind Sydney.

They deserve to be there. I think everyone would have imagined they would get to the GF, they were the best team for 90% of the year.Apart from a blip at the end. Minor premiers etc. A bit like us last year.

If I had to choose between the teams that are left. I would prefer it to be an interstate side, so I would choose swans
We would never hear the end of it if Geelong won two years after their last flag.

sydney's best is better than us this year
and im not sure if we would have beaten the giants or hawks on the day
but a fair shot at any of them

everyone else we would smoke
I think we would have done a GWS. Get a lead - go too safe - lose.

Well that’s fu(κεd.

Wanted the doggies to win. That went to sh1t

Then was on the GWS train and it looked really good 18 minutes into the 3rd quarter and we know what happened there.

Finally, my last hope and knowing full well it was with incredible optimism, Port who played their GF last week couldn’t keep up with a side I can’t stand. I cannot believe I’ll be barracking for these campaigners next week as my dislike of Geelong and Brisbane is greater.

One positive of hating all three, means I’ll get to at least see the other two fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of the three left, I am now officially hoping that Brisbane wins the flag. Why:
a) Swans have Papley.
b) Geelong is coached by an arrogant flog
c) Chris Fagan is not so bad...I like his attitude to his players, like a Grand Father...and we beat them last year.
If Brisbane win GF, our legacy is enhanced.

I'm happy for Grundy
I must be in the minority that I don't mind Sydney.

They deserve to be there. I think everyone would have imagined they would get to the GF, they were the best team for 90% of the year.Apart from a blip at the end. Minor premiers etc. A bit like us last year.

If I had to choose between the teams that are left. I would prefer it to be an interstate side, so I would choose swans
We would never hear the end of it if Geelong won two years after their last flag.
Can’t say I’ll be happy to see the Swans win a flag, however would be nice to see Grundy get a flag. It’s not even the former player thing, it’s more about how he was part of the 2018 team that came so close. Always a huge fan of all the players in that team and was honestly so happy for the players in that side who finally got a flag last year, so it would be nice to see him get rewarded.

Apart from that, can’t say much satisfaction will come out of either Sydney or Geelong winning for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My preferences:

1. Brisbane Lions = We beat them last year and I thought their fans for the most part took the defeat well. Also enhances our 2023 achievements.

2. Geelong = Respect the way they've beaten the system over the years despite never bottoming out. Hate the idea of Dangerfield winning a flag as captain and Henry being a Premiership player.

3. Sydney = Hate them. Longmire disrespected Fly, Papley is a dickhead and the way they've taken pot shots at our club over the years has given me the shits. Only positive is Grundy might become a Premiership player which I wouldn't mind seeing.

My preferences:

1. Brisbane Lions = We beat them last year and I thought their fans for the most part took the defeat well. Also enhances our 2023 achievements.

2. Geelong = Respect the way they've beaten the system over the years despite never bottoming out. Hate the idea of Dangerfield winning a flag as captain and Henry being a Premiership player.

3. Sydney = Hate them. Longmire disrespected Fly, Papley is a dickhead and the way they've taken pot shots at our club over the years has given me the shits. Only positive is Grundy might become a Premiership player which I wouldn't mind seeing.

Probably mad he only has 1 premiership from 5 grand finals and fly has the same as him already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back