Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually, she was on target, but I had good reflexes back then.
Snl Dodge GIF by Saturday Night Live

That would have been a blockbuster
Nobody alive today would've seen this match
I really can believe how happy I am at this result.

Feck Scott, Feck Danger & Feck Ollie

And Feck Mackie for good measure
I am relieved. Was in fear and dread all week of a Sydney-Geelong grand final and a repeat of 2 years ago.

Cameron doesn’t run around trying to pick fights like Papley.
When he has a quiet game he certainly doesn’t.
Papley does it no matter what.

PS: Darcy Wilmot grew up a Pie - Go Lions
As he should have done! Just in case that's not the reason you've brought that up, his father (Grant) played a few games for us back in the day. Darcy is a decent young player - I'd be happy to have him at Collingwood!

Pretty much. And I had my fist cocked as the all-in wasn't long finished when the siren went. When I saw who it was (I had lived in their town previously), I was dumbstruck.

It was pretty full-on, including our local cop (who was my gf's dad) tapping me on the shoulder mid-fight.

The 'good old days'...

Pretty much. And I had my fist cocked as the all-in wasn't long finished when the siren went. When I saw who it was (I had lived in their town previously), I was dumbstruck.

It was pretty full-on, including our local cop (who was my gf's dad) tapping me on the shoulder mid-fight.

The 'good old days'...
Ahhh bro, that's music to my ears

As he should have done! Just in case that's not the reason you've brought that up, his father (Grant) played a few games for us back in the day. Darcy is a decent young player - I'd be happy to have him at Collingwood!
I am aware, Grant passed away when Darcy was a teenager.
Here’s a post from a few years ago, (Barry was involved in our Academy) I hoped we’d draft him.

Even a shit campaigner like Papley has some moral limits

Papley wouldn't join Carlton. He's comfortably the biggest campaigner in Sydney.

Much more competition at Princes Park. From the board down to the boot-studder.

Yeah, nah, I'm with you nahnah, I only wanted Brisbane to win because I I despise Geelong. No way Brisbane is beating Sydney from outside the top 4
Same. I don't hate the Lions like I used to, but I'd still prefer Sydney to win. Brisbane caused me too much heartache as a kid.

Plus when I was at the GF last year, a group of flog Lions fans were giving us s*** the whole game. One guy who was plastered was even giving it to us before the opening bounce.

Bunch of w***ers haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same. I don't hate the Lions like I used to, but I'd still prefer Sydney to win. Brisbane caused me too much heartache as a kid.

Plus when I was at the GF last year, a group of flog Lions fans were giving us s*** the whole game. One guy who was plastered was even giving it to us before the opening bounce.

Bunch of w***ers haha.
I just can't get over 02 and 03. We were forced to play an AFL superpower. Brisbane supporters gave me heaps back then and I hope they lose by 100pts

I just can't get over 02 and 03. We were forced to play an AFL superpower. Brisbane supporters gave me heaps back then and I hope they lose by 100pts

2018 hurt more.

The mud from opposition supporters I don't really care about. Although I don't dish it out either when the Pies win. I keep it fairly neutral.

He didn't even have to do anything, the players did it all themselves
2011 was the Easiest premiership from a coaching perspective since Allan Joyce. Before that, Tony Jewell, and before that Alex jesalenko.

Sometimes players get lucky to be premiership players. Sometimes the same applies for coaches.

Of course Scott finally backed it up with a second more legimately earned flag. Time will tell if this list can give him another one

Unfortunately they've got an excellent group of youngsters.

The awful reality is Geelong have gotten the jump on us and their list rebuild/refresh began 2 years ago with the retirement of Selwood.

They've lost the likes of Smith since then and just made a Preliminary final with Hawkins, Tuohy and C. Guthrie sitting on the sidelines.

They've displayed an ability to win whilst saying goodbye to club/game greats.

We are yet to discover how well we can and will perform once the likes of Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Howe, Mihocek etc. can no longer be called upon.

Our list decisions and retention of all our veterans really demands a Preliminary final finish at a minimum in 2025 IMO.

We're all in.

The awful reality is Geelong have gotten the jump on us and their list rebuild/refresh began 2 years ago with the retirement of Selwood.

They've lost the likes of Smith since then and just made a Preliminary final with Hawkins, Tuohy and C. Guthrie sitting on the sidelines.

We are yet to discover how well we can and will perform once the likes of Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Howe, Mihocek etc. can no longer be called upon.

Our list decisions and retention of all our veterans really demands a Preliminary final finish at a minimum in 2025 IMO.

We're all in.
Good to see someone else that knows what we're trying to achieve over the next 2 years

We're all in.
Our list is easily as good as either of grand finalists
If we’d had key players available we would have given back to back a real shake IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back