Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

The awful reality is Geelong have gotten the jump on us and their list rebuild/refresh began 2 years ago with the retirement of Selwood.

They've lost the likes of Smith since then and just made a Preliminary final with Hawkins, Tuohy and C. Guthrie sitting on the sidelines.

They've displayed an ability to win whilst saying goodbye to club/game greats.

We are yet to discover how well we can and will perform once the likes of Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Howe, Mihocek etc. can no longer be called upon.

Our list decisions and retention of all our veterans really demands a Preliminary final finish at a minimum in 2025 IMO.

We're all in.
But they didn’t win. Some of their recent “ post Selwood” recruits were amongst the worst on ground.

We should always wear black shorts in grand finals
Not saying we shouldn't have worn black shorts, I just think Brisbane wearing maroon shorts would've looked better.

I'm of the opinion that clubs who don't have white in their colours shouldn't wear white shorts, even when playing away.

For example, Brisbane and West Coast could wear gold shorts with their home strips when playing away. Essendon could wear red shorts etc.

Brisbane wearing white shorts against Collingwood doesn't make sense from a clash perspective in my opinion.

My god, have you people forgot the 2023 PF. The one where the cheating “refs” helped them win, when we should have played the cats in the GF and won that one?
Have you all forgotten that prick Longmire laughing at Fly when he made the comment about home ground decisions going Sydney’s way in our last H&A game?
What about their arseh*** president, completely bagging Eddie for calling out the COLA allowances that he wanted to keep.
Or saying they have the most supporters in that AFL.
Or when they decided to offer a “contract” to a rookie that was on speed, that they were going to delist so we would have to trade for him.. Sam Murray.
Or that Tatay was approached to join them, not for his footy, but Collingwood IP?
Or their Academies that they FIERCELY want to keep, because of the huge advantage they get.
Or for the funds they drained from the VFL for the first 20 years after relocating.
They are only one rung below Carlton in the Hate ladder.

Brisbane gave us Crisp
We have Fly and Leppa.
We beat them last year, and they were so gracious in defeat.
Fages is ok.
Jack Frost didn’t get skin cancer when he left us and played a season there.. they looked after him ok.
Yes, they beat us in 2 GF’s, but we were no hope in one of those, and the Goal umpire was the cheat that day in the other.

No comparison! Sydeneeey can GAGF!!

My god, have you people forgot the 2023 PF. The one where the cheating “refs” helped them win, when we should have played the cats in the GF and won that one?
Have you all forgotten that prick Longmire laughing at Fly when he made the comment about home ground decisions going Sydney’s way in our last H&A game?
What about their arseh*** president, completely bagging Eddie for calling out the COLA allowances that he wanted to keep.
Or when they decided to offer a “contract” to a rookie that was on speed, that they were going to delist so we would have to trade for him.. Sam Murray.
Or that Tatay was approached to join them, not for his footy, but Collingwood IP?
Or their Academies that they FIERCELY want to keep, because of the huge advantage they get.
Or for the funds they drained from the VFL for the first 20 years after relocating.

Brisbane gave us Crisp
We have Fly and Leppa.
Fages is ok.
Jack Frost didn’t get skin cancer when he left us and played a season there.. they looked after him ok.
Yes, they beat us in 2 GF’s, but we were no hope in one of those, and the Goal umpire was the cheat that day in the other.

They gave us Jordy as well.

But they didn’t win. Some of their recent “ post Selwood” recruits were amongst the worst on ground.

They won enough that they made a Preliminary final.

They did that after losing Selwood and Smith over the last 2 seasons. Two all time greats.

They did it without a significant contribution of another great in Hawkins this season.

3 other 2022 Premiership players in Tuohy, Guthrie, TDK were absent due to injury or others preferred.

I'm sure there are a couple more.

So they're demonstrating an ability to win whilst in the process of losing or replacing players who have played at a high level throughout their career.

We are yet to face this challenge to such a degree and the one we did face this season in injuries which could mimic the challenges ahead resulted in a non finals appearance.

We might be as well placed as Geelong next year but in the medium term their already learning to win games and make finals without the presence of some club champions.

We aren't there yet and only time will tell if we can cope as well.

Brisbane gave us Crisp
We have Fly and Leppa.
Fages is ok.

Off field is irrelevant to me. I only remember what happens on the field and Brisbane have done us more harm than Sydney ever has. **** the Lions

They won enough that they made a Preliminary final.

They did that after losing Selwood and Smith over the last 2 seasons. Two all time greats.

They did it without a significant contribution of another great in Hawkins this season.

3 other 2022 Premiership players in Tuohy, Guthrie, TDK were absent due to injury or others preferred.

I'm sure there are a couple more.

So they're demonstrating an ability to win whilst in the process of losing or replacing players who have played at a high level throughout their career.

We are yet to face this challenge to such a degree and the one we did face this season in injuries which could mimic the challenges ahead resulted in a non finals appearance.

We might be as well placed as Geelong next year but in the medium term their already learning to win games and make finals without the presence of some club champions.

We aren't there yet and only time will tell if we can cope as well.
You seem to have watered your posts down from “ the awful truth is that Geelong have got the jump on us” to “ time will tell if we are as well placed as Geelong”

Off field is irrelevant to me. I only remember what happens on the field and Brisbane have done us more harm than Sydney ever has. **** the Lions
That’s like saying you’d rather barrack for Essendon against north because north beat us in a grand final some time in the past 50 years and Essendon haven’t.

I’ve moved on from the lions losses… we got one back last year anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? The score is 1-2 with them.
How much do you hate Melbourne?
Head to Head GF result must kill you..
Sydney should be disbanded!!! Along with Carlton.

So happy Geelong lost

Watch for Chris Scott make excuses at presser

Geelong have never lost a game fairly and squarely according to professor scott

Oh but he's genius. Just the greatest coach to walk the earth. Fcukin spare me.

Glad to see the Lions win and they deserve a flag after being a top side since 2019.

Hope they give the COLA's a touch up next week.

The awful reality is Geelong have gotten the jump on us and their list rebuild/refresh began 2 years ago with the retirement of Selwood.

They've lost the likes of Smith since then and just made a Preliminary final with Hawkins, Tuohy and C. Guthrie sitting on the sidelines.

They've displayed an ability to win whilst saying goodbye to club/game greats.

We are yet to discover how well we can and will perform once the likes of Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Howe, Mihocek etc. can no longer be called upon.

Our list decisions and retention of all our veterans really demands a Preliminary final finish at a minimum in 2025 IMO.

We're all in.
The way I see it everyone is constantly rebuilding and topping up. Cats supposedly just topped up between 2011 and 2022, but only 2 players played in both flags. Like everyone during that timeframe, they turned over the whole list except for a couple of long term stars.

I think grundy deserves a flag and I wouldn’t begrudge it. But that means papley wins a flag.

So I’ll play it safe and support the lions who across the board are more humble and likeable.

But I’ll change teams mid game if I need to!

Nah fcuk Sydney. Papley is a flog and surely everyone wants to see him in tears next week.

It was good to see Brisbane put away the pretenders.

And to see Ollie’s heroic efforts wasted.

But for the GF? No way should we want Brisbane to win. Were you not born, or asleep in 2002 and 2003? Those GF losses were heartbreaking, with all the advantages Brisbane had. And didn’t they gloat and boast.

What’s wrong with you lot? Get a grip. Never forgive and never forget. Who cares if Sydney have Papley. Who cares if Brisbane are coached by a doddery old bloke who people think is ‘nice’ (not everyone agrees with that).

Wake up to yourselves.

We deprived Brisbane of a flag last year, and we should hope like hell that they miss again.

*^+% them.

2002/3?.Na, time to get over it.

You heard of our coach? Brisbane legend.

Sydney are full of arrogant campaigners.

All aboard the Lions bandwagon next week.

At the end of the day I don't really care who wins. I'm not going to buy 2024 premiership merchandise for the the winner.
I'm already in 2025 let's get it mode.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back