big_bazza

Club Legend
Dec 5, 2005
Tas
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
sydney swans
ok in rd 1 vs the bombers assuming we are injury free what do you think our team will look like ?

heres mine best 22

b:c bolton,l barry,j crouch
hb: t kennely,lrt,t richards
C: p williams, l ablett,b matthews
hf: R o'keefe,b hall, a buchanan
f: a Schneider,M Oloughlin, A goodes
foll: d jolly, b kirk, j bolton
inter: n fosdike,s dempster, n davis,n malceski

emerg: j moore,p bevan,j mcveigh

unlucky: schmidt,willoughby,vogels,

Positions mean very little... but if all players were fit in round one, I think the squad would look something like this:
Hall
Davis
McVeigh
Mathews
O'Keefe
Bolton
Williams
Fosdike
Schneider
Doyle
Jolly
Kennelly
O'Loughlin
Ablett
Barry
Bolton
Dempster
Crouch
Roberts-Thomson
Kirk
Buchanan
Goodes
Vogels
Malceski
Richards

With Malceski, Vogels and McVeigh the probable emergencies.

CharlieG said:
Positions mean very little... but if all players were fit in round one, I think the squad would look something like this:
Hall
Davis
McVeigh
Mathews
O'Keefe
Bolton
Williams
Fosdike
Schneider
Doyle
Jolly
Kennelly
O'Loughlin
Ablett
Barry
Bolton
Dempster
Crouch
Roberts-Thomson
Kirk
Buchanan
Goodes
Vogels
Malceski
Richards

With Malceski, Vogels and McVeigh the probable emergencies.

so you;d play doyle ? i wouldnt i think hes an average ruckman with shockign skills

BB, would be very dangerous to go in with Jolly as the only ruck, i would have to agree with Charlie, and put Doyle in, if only to ruck 5 - 10 mins each quarter

thommoone said:
BB, would be very dangerous to go in with Jolly as the only ruck, i would have to agree with Charlie, and put Doyle in, if only to ruck 5 - 10 mins each quarter

yep agree about that! id play goodes for 5-10 minutes a quaer to give jolly a rest. after all thats hwere goodes plyas best

Chambo will get a gig on the bench i think. Bevan would probably still be in our 22 as the coaches seem to rate him highly.

Jeffers1984 said:
Chambo will get a gig on the bench i think. Bevan would probably still be in our 22 as the coaches seem to rate him highly.

yeah they do for some reason, hes a decent player but hasnt got very good skills! in the gf side id rather see moore,mcveigh,malcseki,saddo, and most of all matthew nicks in the sdie boy did he deserve it! and obviously stuey but he was injured

FB:...Mathews...Leo...CBolton
HB:...Crouch...LRT...Kennelly
CE:...Davis...JBolton...Goodes
HF:...Richards..Hall..O'Keefe
FF:...Williams...O'Loughlin...Schneider
RU:..Jolly...Kirk...Buchanen
BE:..Dempster..Fosdike..Ablett..Doyle

Malkeski will play more than fifteen games - Maybe all if he can nudge Schneider out of the forward pocket. It's pretty likely that from the team I named at least 8 will miss more than four games, so Malkeski can take spots there. McVeigh needs games. Schmidt and Willoughby need a taste.

Richards needs to play at FB. Vogels will most likely be our first replacement when Micky O misses games, as he does. Very good line up in my opinion.

Cheer Red Blood said:
Richards needs to play at FB.

Why, when he has pretty much never played there before, unlike Leapin' Leo who has played the greater part of two seasons (one a premiership season, no less) pretty much as FB and was selected in the AA team both years?

I'd hope that we traded for him as a key defender. Leo can spend more time there sure, but I can't see a spot for him up forward. O'Keefe already fits the role Richards apparently wants to play. Maybe play him in Craig Boltons role.

Very hard to pick 22 so I went for an extended bench and even then McVeigh and Schmidt are unlucky to miss out.

CBolton Barry Crouch
Mathews LRT Kennelly
Ablett Kirk Buchanan
Davis Hall Goodes
O'Keefe O'Loughlin Schneider
Jolly Williams JBolton

Fosdike Doyle Dempster Malceski Bevan Richards Moore

grimlock said:
Very hard to pick 22 so I went for an extended bench and even then McVeigh and Schmidt are unlucky to miss out.

I reckon there are about 15 blokes who, if fit, pick themselves. The other handful of spots are pretty much up for grabs by anyone else in the squad other than Thorton, Brabazon, probably Laidlaw and arguably Erikson (still very lightly built for his height). Garruba, too, would need to do something special to elevate himself but its not out of the question, given that Bevan came from nowhere at the start of 2004.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

id say all the following players spots are safe!

l barry
kennely
lrt ( yes im being serious)
matthews
crouch
williams
j bolton
b kirk
a goodes
jolly
buchanan
hall
O'loughlin
O'keefe
Davis

ones unlcuky not to play most games:
ablett
schneider
fosdike
dempster

I think our best 22 will basically stay the same with Richard and Malceski coming into the team that lined up in the GF with Bevan and (the of course retired) Ball dropping out. That then of course leaves the ruck spot in the team left open by Ball's retirement. It's quite clear that its between Doyle and Chambers to fill that roll but whom of the remaining GF 20 (having taken out Ball and Bevan to cover Melceski and Richards) would drop out to create room in the 22 for the winner of the 2nd ruck position.

FB:....Crouch....Richards...CBolton
HB:....Leo......LRT...Dempster
CE:....Kennelly..JBolton...Goodes
HF:....O'Keefe.....Hall...Davis
FF:...Williams...O'Loughlin...Schneider
RU:..Jolly...Kirk...Buchanen
BE:....Fosdike..Ablett..Doyle...Mathews

my two bob's worth.

I have not seen much of chambers, is he any good in front of the sticks? and crouch is a much better midfielder than Kennelly, Will i remind everyone that richards will be playing as a forward.

Cheer Red Blood said:
Crouch is a better midfielder than Kennelly.

yep very underated at winning his own ball. everyone thinks hes a odur defensive midfielder but when hes ont he ball not tagging anyone hes as destroying as anyone! i think thats one move that should be made by roosy

big_bazza said:
yep very underated at winning his own ball. everyone thinks hes a odur defensive midfielder but when hes ont he ball not tagging anyone hes as destroying as anyone! i think thats one move that should be made by roosy

I think that's the most accurate statement you've made in this thread. :thumbsu:

dread and might said:
You can remind me that he wants to play there. Time will tell.

no room in our forward line for him!

well lets face it! micy o cant paly anywhere else! neither can hall although i wouldnt mind seeing roosy chuck him in the middle every now and then!

O'keefe can play a wing/hal back role but is best played as a half forward flanker

davis can play in the midfield but defintley plays best in a forward pocket or flank!

then you have buchanan,schneider who normally one will play forward the other midfielder

and also goodes floating forward or jolly ocassionalyl!

so thats leaves no room for teddy

Remove this Banner Ad

our best 22 ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back