Opinion Our best three players

Remove this Banner Ad

If Zurhaar could be consistent or if we had the ball up our end a bit more he could easily be in the discussion.

No clear 3 and excluding Ben 10

Top 5 in no real order

McKay
LDU
Simpkin
Goldie
Zurharr

How I want it to be by end of 24

Thomas
JHF
WAP

Please give me the 3 in order as yes it is tough but I can't tally it otherwise. Be a shame to just ignore it as it's a good post.

It's a lighthearted thread, no winners or losers just opinion!

Now can you please abide the rules (I love rules, also breaking them) as Cunners is not available.

Please refresh your post Mr Unit or i'll just take your other two.
Don't you start talking about rules MLC!!

Just remove Ben10 and add Jyza for mine

McKay
LDU
Jy (just edited as cunners isn’t eligible)

For what it’s worth I do agree with Lloyds assertion that Jy isn’t a superstar. Not to say he’s not a good player but looking at this season as a whole he’s been B grade overall, by that I mean his A grade games have been offset with c grade games (or lower).

Still an important player to us, it’s important that he plays well

Is capable of being one if he can put that a grade performance regularly but he not at that level at least yet anyway

Rather than individually "like" please take it that I really appreciate the posts/votes so far, and those that will be incoming.

Mahoney , Atu & P Walker (Just kidding?!!!) :)
LDU
Goldie
Buckets
(honorable mention Jy)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please share as wrapping it up tonight. (or when I feel like it)

I'm like Eddie Murphy in Beverley Hills Cop, "time is money".

So yes asap and thank you.

MLC.

Symkin. LDU. McKay. Goldy. Zuhaar. Cunners is our best when fit and available.... Tarryn is our most talented.skys the limit for him if we can get him right... The list will change quick Powell Horne Francis will phill Curtis and others are coming fast....were not that bad just need a little patients.

Symkin. LDU. McKay. Goldy. Zuhaar. Cunners is our best when fit and available.... Tarryn is our most talented.skys the limit for him if we can get him right... The list will change quick Powell Horne Francis will phill Curtis and others are coming fast....were not that bad just need a little patients.

1 2 and 3 mate please.

That is what makes it so difficult as otherwise I can't count yours. If you can't or don't want to that is no worries

McKay
LDU
Jy (just edited as cunners isn’t eligible)

For what it’s worth I do agree with Lloyds assertion that Jy isn’t a superstar. Not to say he’s not a good player but looking at this season as a whole he’s been B grade overall, by that I mean his A grade games have been offset with c grade games (or lower).

Still an important player to us, it’s important that he plays well

Is capable of being one if he can put that a grade performance regularly but he not at that level at least yet anyway
the problem i have with this type of thinking, and a lot of the criticism of jy, is that a shitload of recency bias comes into it. i can accept that he's been inconsistent this season, while still putting in some elite performances, but his 2021 was genuinely A grade from start to finish.

i cant cop having people having LDU ahead of him when Luke has only done it for 6-8 weeks and at the same age where Jy put in that consistent A-grade season. people forget that Jy's only a year older and was better at the same age. edit: and on this, if I'm not mistaken (and I might be but i think this is right) it's worth noting that despite everyone's adamance that LDU is so much better, Jy still has more coaches votes this from the people who know better than most (also completely disregard this if incorrect)

Like i said earlier though, i expect LDU to be not only our best player but one of the league's best mids this time next year.

if this year and particularly last year's version of Jy Simpkin is our 5th best player in 2-3 years time, then we are absolutely ****ing laughing, but i doubt that because I genuinely believe he's not the finished product yet himself

Last edited:
the problem i have with this type of thinking, and a lot of the criticism of jy, is that a shitload of recency bias comes into it. i can accept that he's been inconsistent this season, while still putting in some elite performances, but his 2021 was genuinely A grade from start to finish.

i cant cop having people having LDU ahead of him when Luke has only done it for 6-8 weeks and at the same age where Jy put in that consistent A-grade season. people forget that Jy's only a year older and was better at the same age.

Like i said earlier though, i expect LDU to be not only our best player but one of the league's best mids this time next year.
No it really isn’t , I believe he is important, talented but whilst his past fortnight has been exceptional he has not done that long enough to be considered a superstar.

I don’t think he has consistently played at a grade level either he has shown that is his ceiling but considering superstars are players like Oliver, Neale, Martin. I mean how many games has he truly taken apart ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back