Opinion Our Day in Kangaroo Court - The Real Alberton Faithful 1870-2012 versus Ken Bloody Hinkley 2013-2023 … 2025? and his Enablers

Remove this Banner Ad

Got 2 lines in and gave up. Seriously get a life. It is people like you that are doing more damage to our club than others you are accusing. Spouting very opinionated, and a lot of it false, propaganda. Time for you to take a lengthy break and step away from the club for a while I think.

The OP? Yup agreed mate! Glad we can agree.

care to set the record straight on the "opinionated, false propaganda"? that you actually didn't even read because you only read 2 lines but you somehow know is in there anyway

care to set the record straight on the "opinionated, false propaganda"? that you actually didn't even read because you only read 2 lines but you somehow know is in there anyway

Well clearly I did read more than 2 lines, you got me there bud!

Literally the entire thing is a propaganda read. It is very similar to something you would see in a Murdoch owned slander article written about some Labor politician they are trying to bring down.

The non stop insulting personal attacks that he chucks in to try and strengthen his opinions. The selective pictures saying things like (try not to throw up). The opinions that are written as "facts".

Again, this type of shit does nothing but harm. He doesn't like the board, he doesn't like the coach, he doesn't like any of the staff it seems. Genuinely be surprised if he even watches our games. Why does he waste our time and his own posting this extensive crap? Barely anyone reacts to it. He doesn't have any involvement on this board that is remotely related to the team and our games. It is a politician trying to preach to the masses. The masses that mostly couldn't give two shits what he has to say. Move along, find a new hobby and leave the club out of your personal hatred for Ken Hinkley and Kochie.

We all think Hinkley has done a shit job and should have been moved on by now, but we aren't going to the extents of this guy to attack all personnel involved and the club.

Vote to have this thread removed imo.

We all think Hinkley has done a sh*t job and should have been moved on by now, but we aren't going to the extents of this guy to attack all personnel involved and the club.

to be fair none of us have been literally employed by the club like LR was, so he genuinely can go to the extent that none of us can.

Anyone who employs Ken is in the gun. Just like anyone who employs a bully is responsible for and condones their behaviour if they don't take action against it.

So yes, the board, the CEO and even Chris Davies as head of football, are very much in the firing line with Ken.

Imagine thinking Ken is the only problem and absolving those who have condoned this trash for 10 years.

People who blame everything on Ken are blaming the symptom and not the cause. Ken is ultimately not at the helm of the entire shitshow, he is just the most visible and apparently active representative of it.

They can all **** off for letting this farce continue.

Still not sure how Ken got away with chucking the tea over his shoulder with no more than a 'haha, good one Ken, now they'll get the runs from the bad chinese food!'

Lol anyone in a corporate role would be sacked for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get a life? I’ve been studying the replies to the OP, enjoying the variety, in a few cases adding names to my ignore list. But the ‘get a life’ suggestion, ‘kindly’ made, has me chuckling.

In a few weeks I’ll be 75. Not life enough? Perhaps not, still a few things to do. Win AFL Supercoach 2022 for a start. My team will be renamed ‘Russell Ebert Something’ this time.

Another poster has suggested I be a writer. Observant. I love writing. It’s a big part of the life I’ve lived. Two novels internationally published, the first in the late 1980s filling 674 pages with 270,000 words in paperback, reviewed by Publishers Weekly, Booklist, Yorkshire Post and South China Morning Post with ‘takes’ appearing on the cover of the sequel. Between 2001 and 2014 I earned a living researching, writing, editing, designing, producing illustrated corporate histories in coffee-table format for PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) China (270 plus pages), Hong Kong Football Club (three years full time, 6.5 days a week), Kellett International School (story told thru the eyes of the school mascot, a Chinese dragon), Hong Kong Country Club, (Royal) Hong Kong Golf Club. I was into the history of the company (est. 1866) that employed me between 1971 and 1987 when I suddenly got very tired of it all and handed over to a fellow historian to finish off.

That was when I concentrated on trying to advise Port Adelaide Football Club … as a volunteer. I was once offered by the Club a small gratuity, but turned it down. I’m glad I did. Would not be able to write about Ken Bloody Hinkley and his Enablers with a clear conscience if I hadn’t. What I did accept was a Bars lace-up made in China with the autographs of four Eberts - the Great Man, his son, his brother and his nephew. The HKFC had it framed for me. The memory, each time I look at it, is priceless … every time. Get a life. Okay.

1639461289656.jpeg

Lol anyone in a corporate role would be sacked for that.

Kenny's so funny he only eats toasted cheese sangas and drinks coke out of the can.
What a bloke. What a winner.

Imagine for a second that he did something like that in reference to Aboriginal culture, instead of Chinese culture.

That's how bad that was.

Kenny's so funny he only eats toasted cheese sangas and drinks coke out of the can.
What a bloke. What a winner.

Imagine for a second that he did something like that in reference to Aboriginal culture, instead of Chinese culture.

That's how bad that was.

The equivalent of put on a fake war dance and whooping when visiting a Native Indian sacred site

200.gif

Finally got around to reading it... Was like a text msg I get from the Mrs when I've pissed her off..... Again.

Hinkley and his mates have had more then enough time.. you lot are the weakest links **** off. Don't let Hinkley burn another talented list.

Got 2 lines in and gave up. Seriously get a life. It is people like you that are doing more damage to our club than others you are accusing. Spouting very opinionated, and a lot of it false, propaganda. Time for you to take a lengthy break and step away from the club for a while I think.
People like LR keep the club accountable. This shit grand final dry spell wouldn't cut it pre Afl and it shouldn't be accepted now.

Cheers LR, entertaining read for the offseason.

After 2014 and Ken kicking back in his deck chair - we had Ken after a 70+ point home prelim loss saying he would not change anything about his preparation.

He saved me $1500 with that statement.
That comment really says it all about the last 6-7 seasons and Kens coaching nous doesn't it. And for people to just accept that really is fraking shit.

People like LR keep the club accountable. This sh*t grand final dry spell wouldn't cut it pre Afl and it shouldn't be accepted now.

Cheers LR, entertaining read for the offseason.
Thank you, mate. Much appreciated.

Indeed my prime objective is to make, and keep, the Club accountable. In my own style, nasty though it might sound. It is the truth, as I see it, as I paint it, sad and sour though it is.

Yes, I have inside knowledge that few others have been party to. For example, the fact that Koch barged into the changerooms and let fly after the 2017 elimination final. Most of us think he only did so on stage later in the evening, but that by itself, and toned down, was not enough to send the Hinkleys straight out the door in the direction of his agent and the Suns. I have checked and re-checked that indeed happened, and have the contacts thru whom to do it.

The way I look at it, I would be at fault knowing what I know and not passing it on. What good would it ultimately do the Club if, having been in a position to point fingers and ask questions, I squibbed it and died wondering?

Koch, Cardone, and now Hinkley after serving up a nine-year zero grand final ordeal, have to be questioned. Not quietly, not politely even. Who the hell else is going to do it?

I’ve been ‘sacked’ as a volunteer advisor once already. Can’t be shot thru the heart twice. Well, I can, but the second time I would feel nothing.

Why indeed has Hinkley not been brought to account on his Shanghai cha chucking abomination?

Tredders … you there?

All nice LR but stick to the facts and leave the personal slurs out

We all love your passion mate
Um. He was sticking to the facts!

He has the experience with the board, admin and coaches. Do you?

If not, reflect upon our 10 year coach with no GF, the one and only.

Were you there during the Fariss fiasco? I was, and LR has painted the picture accurately.

Have you called out Eddie's right hand man being on our board?

Did you sit there, in almost your first game attended for two years, watching our mentally under-prepared team get humiliated?

Russell Ebert got sacked as a coach for far less, yet this charlatan and his incompetent forwards coach get to preside over rubbish when the going gets tough.

If you're not going to do something about then don't knock those that are, particularly when they have been involved with the club at a high level for many years.

You and your fellow knockers don't want the truth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Our Day in Kangaroo Court - The Real Alberton Faithful 1870-2012 versus Ken Bloody Hinkley 2013-2023 … 2025? and his Enablers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back