Opinion Our Day in Kangaroo Court - The Real Alberton Faithful 1870-2012 versus Ken Bloody Hinkley 2013-2023 … 2025? and his Enablers

Remove this Banner Ad

People like LR keep the club accountable. This sh*t grand final dry spell wouldn't cut it pre Afl and it shouldn't be accepted now.

Cheers LR, entertaining read for the offseason.
While I completely agree that not making a grand final in the previous 10 years is shit, can we please stop comparing it to the SANFL. A league that had 8-10 teams in it. Purely on numbers, making a grand final was a much easier feat than an 18 team National competition.

Just for reference, this is the list of teams who also are a considerably long time past winning their previous premiership:

Essendon - 2000
Carlton - 1995
Collingwood - 2010
Geelong - 2011
Sydney - 2012
North - 1999
Brisbane - 2003
Adelaide - 1998
St Kilda - 1966
Freo, Gold Coast, GWS - None

By the start of the 2022 season, that is 12 teams that have not won a premiership in at least the previous 10 years.

While I completely agree that not making a grand final in the previous 10 years is sh*t, can we please stop comparing it to the SANFL. A league that had 8-10 teams in it. Purely on numbers, making a grand final was a much easier feat than an 18 team National competition.

Just for reference, this is the list of teams who also are a considerably long time past winning their previous premiership:

Essendon - 2000
Carlton - 1995
Collingwood - 2010
Geelong - 2011
Sydney - 2012
North - 1999
Brisbane - 2003
Adelaide - 1998
St Kilda - 1966
Freo, Gold Coast, GWS - None

By the start of the 2022 season, that is 12 teams that have not won a premiership in at least the previous 10 years.
Hawthorn
Fremantle
Sydney
West Coast
Western Bulldogs
Richmond
Adelaide
Collingwood
GWS Giants
Geelong
Melbourne
Teams that have played in a grand final in the last 10 years.

Could it be that Our Ken had researched sources like this and was actually aiming at the table - the one down below - when he did the chuck?

(signed) Wally May

Surely the club would have had a cultural liaison on hand who would have gone through what was acceptable and what is not? Why would they allow it to happen if it was so offensive? "Oh yeah, Fox Sports, you can get Brad Johnson to bring out tea and food that our coach hates and have him throw it over his shoulder so it can offend our hosts."

I just find the whole thing very peculiar.

LOL ... You do realize that says more about you than it does the poster? "Sack Hinkley" is what we expect from many of the illiterate goons that frequent Bigfooty! If you open up a thread started by LR, then expect a missive. Wait until you have a spare 15 minutes, pour yourself a nice drink, put your feet up, and enjoy the journey.

In years gone by maybe LRs post would have been a bit too much but we're wayyyy past that. It's open slather now.

This is the heat the club should come to expect, given they've retained a failed coach (not making a GF let alone winning one) for what will be a record breaking period. That's not being dramatic, it's fact. Ken's a bust and yet here we are in 2022....again.

If we're hitting unprecedented levels of anger and outrage, that's because we're putting up with unprecedented levels of bullshit. So, go to town LR.

Last edited:
Could it be that Our Ken had researched sources like this and was actually aiming at the table - the one down below - when he did the chuck?

(signed) Wally May
Hey LR, forget the knockers of your post and others you have made. Most here know your history with the club. Know about your intimate dealings with the China move, and with many of the Port hierarchy. The long missives, and strong message therein, might not be everyone's cup of tea. They even might be in disagreement with your viewpoint, but if they are, they can just choose not to click on it and read it. Simple!

As many (even some of your detractors) have mentioned, Hinkley needs to go, and the club's administrators need to be held to account. Your post certainly does that. I much prefer reading your insightful, and quite colourful, take on what has been going on in the club, rather than the 80% of rubbish that is posted here daily.

Dont "give it a rest" as some have said. Keep it coming.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey LR, forget the knockers of your post and others you have made. Most here know your history with the club. Know about your intimate dealings with the China move, and with many of the Port hierarchy. The long missives, and strong message therein, might not be everyone's cup of tea. They even might be in disagreement with your viewpoint, but if they are, they can just choose not to click on it and read it. Simple!

As many (even some of your detractors) have mentioned, Hinkley needs to go, and the club's administrators need to be held to account. Your post certainly does that. I much prefer reading your insightful, and quite colourful, take on what has been going on in the club, rather than the 80% of rubbish that is posted here daily.

Dont "give it a rest" as some have said. Keep it coming.
Thank you, Mr. Tibbs. It is for an audience such as yourself that I write … someone with an attention span longer than a fluttered eyelash … someone with an interest in reading and absorbing a detailed message word by crafted word.

English is a wonderful language in which to write, properly … nuanced here, self-contradictory there, with contrast and yet harmony in every line. I shall continue to put the words and phrases and descriptions together for BF so long as the Club keeps providing me with characters dark, bright and shades of grey who motivate me to do so.

So long as we retain and nurture Hinks the Jinx, Chairman Moi and Chicken Cacciatori in the dark zone I will carry on enjoying myself reporting - accurately, as I see it - on each and all of them. There is no need to step into fiction with such as they. They write their own unworthy epitaphs with every ordinary action, every ordinary spoken word, every unmanly fart that nobody hears and nobody smells until it’s too late and the methane has got you by the pharynx.

BigFooty is a godsend for someone like me, and my list of the ignored is a rogue’s gallery more sinister than Dickens could‘ve imagined. Port Adelaide is oxygen. And having a reader such as yourself out there, unseen but not unheard, is magic. Long may the magic go on.

Thank you again, mate. Very much.

Simple question to the happy clapping Ken apologists in here, where's your sources to disprove or disagree with LR?

If you don't have them then you're just a punter like me, like the rest of us so STFU and don't post in here !

It's obvious what this thread is about, motherhood statements straight from the true believers Facebook page are actually what's wasting peoples time..

Kens time is done i for one am sick of fronting up good cash to leave prelims shattered

It seems more and more clear it will take something akin to civil war to unseat this guy.

Keep at it LR

Thank you, Mr. Tibbs. It is for an audience such as yourself that I write … someone with an attention span longer than a fluttered eyelash … someone with an interest in reading and absorbing a detailed message word by crafted word.

English is a wonderful language in which to write, properly … nuanced here, self-contradictory there, with contrast and yet harmony in every line. I shall continue to put the words and phrases and descriptions together for BF so long as the Club keeps providing me with characters dark, bright and shades of grey who motivate me to do so.

So long as we retain and nurture Hinks the Jinx, Chairman Moi and Chicken Cacciatori in the dark zone I will carry on enjoying myself reporting - accurately, as I see it - on each and all of them. There is no need to step into fiction with such as they. They write their own unworthy epitaphs with every ordinary action, every ordinary spoken word, every unmanly fart that nobody hears and nobody smells until it’s too late and the methane has got you by the pharynx.

BigFooty is a godsend for someone like me, and my list of the ignored is a rogue’s gallery more sinister than Dickens could‘ve imagined. Port Adelaide is oxygen. And having a reader such as yourself out there, unseen but not unheard, is magic. Long may the magic go on.

Thank you again, mate. Very much.
LOL ...

Hinks the Jinx

Gold!

Finally got around to reading it... Was like a text msg I get from the Mrs when I've pissed her off..... Again.

Hinkley and his mates have had more then enough time.. you lot are the weakest links fu** off. Don't let Hinkley burn another talented list.
You get texts? Lucky you.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Our Day in Kangaroo Court - The Real Alberton Faithful 1870-2012 versus Ken Bloody Hinkley 2013-2023 … 2025? and his Enablers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back