Opinion Our Day in Kangaroo Court - The Real Alberton Faithful 1870-2012 versus Ken Bloody Hinkley 2013-2023 … 2025? and his Enablers

Remove this Banner Ad

Have people forgotten we were a bees diaphragm away from folding in 2011? ....
So only Kenny Hinkley and no one else saved the club from folding and only Kenny Hinkley had the ability to do that?

What a ridiculous argument.

Moving out of dead end west lakes.
Taking our license back.
Repairing the soul of the club by once again making Port Adelaide whole.
Moving to Adelaide Oval.
Investing in our footy department for the first time in our history.
Taking risks in list management.
Finding external investors for the club.
Getting temporarily into China.
Getting into the AFLW.
Getting government approval for redevelopment.

All of which will never have anything to do with hinkley.

Moving out of dead end west lakes.
Taking our license back.
Repairing the soul of the club by once again making Port Adelaide whole.
Moving to Adelaide Oval.
Investing in our footy department for the first time in our history.
Taking risks in list management.
Finding external investors for the club.
Getting temporarily into China.
Getting into the AFLW.
Getting government approval for redevelopment.

All of which will never have anything to do with hinkley.
The only thing we didn't do, is hire a Premiership capable coach.

Last edited:

Have people forgotten we were a bees diaphragm away from folding in 2011? Our best young player was John Butcher for god's sake, and our supporters clapped at quarter time in a game against the Bulldogs after we finally kicked a goal, which was preceded by the Bulldogs kicking 11 unanswered goals.

We got towelled up by the Giants by 6 goals in 2012 FFS, back when they were uncompetitive against every side other than Gold Coast.

That reminds me, we gave Gold Coast their first ever win after we were 40 points up! At home in front of our own supporters to boot!

Look at our list now and compare it to when Ken took over. Ken has turned over our whole list in that time, while we haven't bottomed out at all during his tenure.

2008-2012 were the true dark years, and shouldn't be grouped with 1870-2007, regardless of the fact the thread OP is mostly tongue in cheek.

Geelong and West Coast are the only clubs besides us to have not bottomed out at all during Ken's coaching tenure, people tend to underestimate how hard it is to turn a list over without bottoming out.

West Coast last bottomed out 2008-2010 while we last bottomed out 2008-2012, overall there isn't much separating the two clubs in terms of on field performance since Ken has been coaching, which is a good effort when you consider the fact we've barely got any resources compared to West Coast, who are arguably the richest and most well resourced club in the AFL.
This is your argument now, that we haven't bottomed out? FMD, you're clutching aren't you.
No doubt Ken took a poor list and made them better. But that's it. That's why we're calling for his head because we don't want to be mediocre.

I remember going to see Melbourne play Port at Adl oval in 2013. We were playing for the spoon. They won the spoon, they've since had 3 coaches, put in a long term succession plan for their head coach and won a flag. Mean while we haven't done shit..... but at least we didn't bottom out right. Such loser talk.

Have people forgotten we were a bees diaphragm away from folding in 2011?
And Ken came in and gave us a quick boost (sugar hit) to narrowly miss winning a Prelim final v the Hawks.
All credit to him for that.
But that was his limit.

He got us as far as he could, but he just lacked the ability to be ruthless - and he was tactically inept, continuing on with a flawed and ultimately unsuccessful game plan.

We should have realised this after the following 2 seasons, and gone on to secure a proven coach that knew how to win flags, building on the improvements Hinckley had initially made.

Many (most?) flags are won by clubs who get someone to lay the initial foundations, followed by a coach who can add the "cherry to the top of the cream cake".

We missed the critical last step. :rolleyes::mad::thumbsdown::'(

Have people forgotten we were a bees diaphragm away from folding in 2011? Our best young player was John Butcher for god's sake, and our supporters clapped at quarter time in a game against the Bulldogs after we finally kicked a goal, which was preceded by the Bulldogs kicking 11 unanswered goals.

We got towelled up by the Giants by 6 goals in 2012 FFS, back when they were uncompetitive against every side other than Gold Coast.

That reminds me, we gave Gold Coast their first ever win after we were 40 points up! At home in front of our own supporters to boot!

Look at our list now and compare it to when Ken took over. Ken has turned over our whole list in that time, while we haven't bottomed out at all during his tenure.

2008-2012 were the true dark years, and shouldn't be grouped with 1870-2007, regardless of the fact the thread OP is mostly tongue in cheek.

Geelong and West Coast are the only clubs besides us to have not bottomed out at all during Ken's coaching tenure, people tend to underestimate how hard it is to turn a list over without bottoming out.

West Coast last bottomed out 2008-2010 while we last bottomed out 2008-2012, overall there isn't much separating the two clubs in terms of on field performance since Ken has been coaching, which is a good effort when you consider the fact we've barely got any resources compared to West Coast, who are arguably the richest and most well resourced club in the AFL.

We began to bottom out under Williams with Primus left with the worst list ageing players past their prime or unproven talent that he afforded game time to.
2013/2014 upon reflection was a combination of our elite fitness and Hinkley playing with some dare.
7 years have passed since 2014, Hinkley has burnt multiple opportunities to win flags in an even period of competition.

While I completely agree that not making a grand final in the previous 10 years is sh*t, can we please stop comparing it to the SANFL. A league that had 8-10 teams in it. Purely on numbers, making a grand final was a much easier feat than an 18 team National competition.

Just for reference, this is the list of teams who also are a considerably long time past winning their previous premiership:

Essendon - 2000
Carlton - 1995
Collingwood - 2010
Geelong - 2011
Sydney - 2012
North - 1999
Brisbane - 2003
Adelaide - 1998
St Kilda - 1966
Freo, Gold Coast, GWS - None

By the start of the 2022 season, that is 12 teams that have not won a premiership in at least the previous 10 years.

Couple of things here.

First, one of these clubs is Gold Coast.

Second, how many of these sides have at least made a grand final?

Third, how many of these sides have accepted they have problems and made changes to get them the ultimate success?

Thats my issue. I dont expect to win a flag every year. I expect us to try to win a flag every year and when we fail to address that head on. I dont expect us to fail and then either try to use spin to avoid responsibility, or to ignore it and try to sweep it under the carpet. I expect when decisions go horrendously wrong (like blowing an entire season without a captain), that there is review and accountability.

I actually have no faith under Ken we will beat any of these clubs to our next flag.

Couple of things here.

First, one of these clubs is Gold Coast.

Second, how many of these sides have at least made a grand final?

Third, how many of these sides have accepted they have problems and made changes to get them the ultimate success?

Thats my issue. I dont expect to win a flag every year. I expect us to try to win a flag every year and when we fail to address that head on. I dont expect us to fail and then either try to use spin to avoid responsibility, or to ignore it and try to sweep it under the carpet. I expect when decisions go horrendously wrong (like blowing an entire season without a captain), that there is review and accountability.

I actually have no faith under Ken we will beat any of these clubs to our next flag.

I have no faith under Hinkley that Port Adelaide can win three finals in a row to win a Grand Final and that's providing we finish Top 4, finish outside of Top 4 and we'd need to win 4 finals, it won't happen, it's that simple.

As per the OP my intention was to add Part 2: ‘The Rap Sheet’ at about this time. I’ve been asked about it.

Instead I’ve edited and added to the OP, including my opinion on what went down after Koch’s nitwit end-2017 extension of Hinkley in seasons 2018 and 2019, plus mention of 2020 and 2021. For those who’ve read the OP, a browse will reveal the sections added with their new sub-titles.

The excerpt that follows has been added at the end:

(Excerpt)

The 2021 preliminary final brought to us, swept up by and carried upon its odiferous slipstream, a second buzzword.

“ABOMINATION!”

1641777560546.png

In Imperial China, to commit an ‘abomination’ was a crime against society punishable by a term on
public display with the accused’s neck, at a minimum, clamped in the stocks. This victim (above) has
kindly co-operated by adopting Hinkley’s characteristic coaching-box pose and death-row expression.
Chairman Moi would instead suggest the criminal depicted here in the stocks is not the Club’s senior
coach but our GM Football, George Costanza, as he it was who uttered the word: “Abomination!” in
front of the press a few days after the 2021 preliminary final.

George was the only Club executive to make any genuine comment at the time … and still is, months
later. Hinkley, having been ordered to present himself at the studio, was reluctantly interviewed by
Tredrea on radio on the Friday evening after George’s honesty rang out like a warning bell through
the storm and shone like a lighthouse above the rocks. All Hinkley could offer at the interview, five
days after his pathologically inept post-match presser, was: “I wouldn’t change a thing.”

I first met George in Shanghai in late 2016. In fact he was sitting on the other side of Ken Hinkley
at the Sichuanese dinner that I have described earlier in this OP. In the same time that it has taken
me to recognise Hinkley for the rotten apple in our shaky barrel that he is, I have determined that
George is the opposite, KBH’s alter-ego - a bright shiny rosy red apple prepared to seek out advice
and receive input and to never take observations personally. How George has tolerated Ken Bloody
Hinkley for as long as he has is beyond me. Perhaps he is serving a penance for something he did in
a previous life.

One thing on which I can vouch for brave, honest, intelligent George Costanza in this life
is that, if he calls a coaching performance an ABOMINATION … it’s an abomination.

1641779998812.png

The Accused looking small in the dock. “It’s a tough competition. Someone’s gotta lose. I’ve always said that.
I’ve always lost … except when it really didn’t matter … and when I’m up against Kochie. I always win those.”

As per the OP my intention was to add Part 2: ‘The Rap Sheet’ at about this time. I’ve been asked about it.

Instead I’ve edited and added to the OP, including my opinion on what went down after Koch’s nitwit end-2017 extension of Hinkley in seasons 2018 and 2019, plus mention of 2020 and 2021. For those who’ve read the OP, a browse will reveal the sections added with their new sub-titles.

The excerpt that follows has been added at the end:

(Excerpt)

The 2021 preliminary final brought to us, swept up by and carried upon its odiferous slipstream, a second buzzword.

“ABOMINATION!”

1641777560546.png

In Imperial China, to commit an ‘abomination’ was a crime against society punishable by a term on
public display with the accused’s neck, at a minimum, clamped in the stocks. This victim (above) has
kindly co-operated by adopting Hinkley’s characteristic coaching-box pose and death-row expression.
Chairman Moi would instead suggest the criminal depicted here in the stocks is not the Club’s senior
coach but our GM Football, George Costanza, as he it was who uttered the word: “Abomination!” in
front of the press a few days after the 2021 preliminary final.

George was the only Club executive to make any genuine comment at the time … and still is, months
later. Hinkley, having been ordered to present himself at the studio, was reluctantly interviewed by
Tredrea on radio on the Friday evening after George’s honesty rang out like a warning bell through
the storm and shone like a lighthouse above the rocks. All Hinkley could offer at the interview, five
days after his pathologically inept post-match presser, was: “I wouldn’t change a thing.”

I first met George in Shanghai in late 2016. In fact he was sitting on the other side of Ken Hinkley
at the Sichuanese dinner that I have described earlier in this OP. In the same time that it has taken
me to recognise Hinkley for the rotten apple in our shaky barrel that he is, I have determined that
George is the opposite, KBH’s alter-ego - a bright shiny rosy red apple prepared to seek out advice
and receive input and to never take observations personally. How George has tolerated Ken Bloody
Hinkley for as long as he has is beyond me. Perhaps he is serving a penance for something he did in
a previous life.

One thing on which I can vouch for brave, honest, intelligent George Costanza in this life
is that, if he calls a coaching performance an ABOMINATION … it’s an abomination.

1641779998812.png

The Accused looking small in the dock. “It’s a tough competition. Someone’s gotta lose. I’ve always said that.
I’ve always lost … except when it really didn’t matter … and when I’m up against Kochie. I always win those.”

i have reported this as per follows:
This is verging on…is slander. I really think that the port adelaide football club should take action. Suggest to think carefully of what is right to an opinion to what your boundaries/responsibilties are.

This is verging on…is slander. I really think that the port adelaide football club should take action. Suggest to think carefully of what is right to an opinion to what your boundaries/responsibilties are.
You're definitely one of those flogs who's appeared self-represented in court 50 times and lost every single one of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have you on ignore but this is too juicy to pass by. First of all, hello Ken. Remember me?

There are no boundaries on me. I have been sacked by the Club (Koch), a few years ago … for telling the truth.

Nevertheless, I really do hope the Club (Koch) takes action. I am ready for it, ‘lawyered up’ as they call it.

Perhaps you could send a personal note to David Koch, or one to yourself, Ken, drawing attention to me.

Koch’s TV ratings, which I have emphasised as they are an impediment to our Club, will not allow his incompetence, as I have recorded in several threads not just this one, to ‘go public’.

No such worry for you, Ken. Everybody knows, after the prelim, how incompetent you are.

Take this one straight to the top, my dude.

iM oUTrAgeD

Damn right the club should take action.

Sack Hinkley.

I have you on ignore but this is too juicy to pass by. First of all, hello Ken. Remember me?

There are no boundaries on me. I have been sacked by the Club (Koch), a few years ago … for telling the truth.

Nevertheless, I really do hope the Club (Koch) takes action. I am ready for it, ‘lawyered up’ as they call it.

Perhaps you could send a personal note to David Koch, or one to yourself, Ken, drawing attention to me.

Koch’s TV ratings, which I have emphasised as they are an impediment to our Club, will not allow his incompetence, as I have recorded in several threads not just this one, to ‘go public’.

No such worry for you, Ken. Everybody knows, after the prelim, how incompetent you are.
Sacked from the club probably says it all. No need to comment further.
For your own good, suggest move on.

Oh goodness me, yes.
Quite agree.
Absolutely preposterous to say anything remotely negative about a diabolical state of affairs.

Take this matter all the way to the highest echelons in the nation (where your grievances will be dealt with using Gold standard practices, which will ensure the achievement great outcomes) .......................................... ScoMo and Tennis Australia.

Sacked from the club probably says it all. No need to comment further.
For your own good, suggest move on.

lol **** it's gonna be juicy when Hinkley is inevitably put down

Worst case scenario: Hinkley leaves in 2023 at the end of his contract after winning the wooden spoon and leaving the club in worse shape than he found it, leaving us fondly remembering the answer to the question "Do you remember the state the club was in when Hinkley took over?".

Thank god it'll just progress to "Remember the state the club was in when Hinkley left?"

Also he looks more like uncle fester every day.

When he's finally gone
Thank god it'll just progress to "Remember the state the club was in when Hinkley left?"

Also he looks more like uncle fester every day.
Fester Addams looks for the honeys.
Gomez Addams luck for the moneys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Our Day in Kangaroo Court - The Real Alberton Faithful 1870-2012 versus Ken Bloody Hinkley 2013-2023 … 2025? and his Enablers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back