List Mgmt. Our List 2014 - Trade, De-list and Draft - (keep it all in here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found a team poster from 2005. Only four players are still on the list: Carrazzo, Simpson, Waite, and Walker. Sure we were coming off a low base, but that's still an average of five turnovers every year.

I can't help but feel like we're arguing the merits of players like Casboult and Watson today like we were Morrell and Livingston then. At some point you have to realise certain players are not going to be what you'd hoped, and let go of mediocrity. The player we really want is out there somewhere.

Yep, and the only way to get them is high draft picks or NAIL the picks you have.

Then, and only then do you top up with retreads and 28yo FAs.

Yep, and the only way to get them is high draft picks or NAIL the picks you have.

That's fair enough too. My point is it's best not to invest too many seasons developing C & D listers in the hopes they'll someday become champions. A few will. Most won't, and the clock's ticking.

Sydney burned their early picks between 2006 and 2008 before they topped up with Kennedy, Mumford, Tippett and McGlynn. They were written off as too and too slow.

You can bring in senior player if you have a senior core. Our list is nothing our 2005 to 2007 sides which were just scarily bad. Kreuzer, Gibbs, Murphy, Robinson, Henderson, Walker, Yarran, Garlett, Betts, Tuohy, Lucas, McInnes, Menzel and Jamison. Hopefully others players picked in the 2010 and 2011 drafts develop into players.

We wouldn't have signed Mick if we're just going to keep picking kids and saying no to free agents. No need to act like the list is going to bottom out and we need to avoid finishing low on the ladder to get high picks. We're not that club any more.

Really like Lachie Keefe, fits the latest mould of defenders ie Thompson and Carlisle, but has the upside of being able to play key forward or ruck. What is his contract situation?

Not so long ago I was sickened at the disdain for Brock McLean on here, that now seems to belong to Matthew Watson. A bloke who has been at least OK when given a senior gig as a KPP prior to his 21st birthday (20th even). He is not "there" yet but is a long way from a write off. If given the opportunity afforded to an equally, if not worse prepared Bootsma, would not be attracting the "hate". Hell, we will be in strife if we make the eight and Jammo or Hendo goes down in round 22.

I remain bemused at the slow development of our young players. Too many supporters are way to prepared to overlook players without a "tank" or seemingly over or underweight. Time does improve many physical aspects, but these kids were "preparing" for AFL careers from their mid teens. They were identified with "elite" potential and placed in "the system". Either the players are not hungry and dedicated enough to do the work to prepare themselves, or the nuff nuff sports scientists are limiting their training and competition. The outcome is they are taking longer to "mature" than their predecessors. Perfect example is father and son Buckley. Jimmy tough and ready at 16, Dylan still "developing" and spasmodic output at 20. Same DNA, but.........
So many of our "kids" are lacking in endurance Watson, Casboult, Mitchell, YARRAN, Buckley, possibly Bell, Dale, McCarthy. Yet the classic example of the opposite effect is one J.Cachia, who has the want and work ethic I wish all of our youth has. Was his year in SA the catalyst to take him where he now is? Are our sports scientists making our list soft?

Last point, cant get over the tacit acceptance that we should pick up Daisy Thomas, because we can due to his relationship with Mick. Thomas at his best upgrades our list, but............????? Is Mick able to remain pragmatic? Can Thomas give us 20 plus games of quality footy in a season, or is he "cooked". Due diligence PLEASE.

I'll take Matt Thomas, Matthew Stokes, Jason Porplyzia, Daisy Thomas, Adam Cooney, Dal Santo as free agents no problem

Armfield's disposal and decision making was poor until this year.

I guess Armfield is irreplaceable in the eyes of many because he plays a run with role like Carrazzo, Curnow, Ellard and Cachia. You can't have too many of that type who don't influence games like Yarran, Murphy and Gibbs.

:thumbsu:

Jesus TG ... really?

Dennis Armfield 2012 Stats:

Goals/Behinds: 16/6
Effective Disposals/Clangers: 221/32

Would you PLEASE stop underselling your whipping boys?!?!

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...25&type=T&fid1=P&fopt1=2012&fid2=P&fopt2=2012

From the look of my twitter feed, seems like Kruze is copping a battering on TV tonight. Some asking why Kruze isn't ridiculed as a poor number 1 pick like Jack Watts? Might be for the fact that Kruze has had a knee reco and has had games where he was close to BOG whereas Jack has done SFA. Albeit Kruze lacks a bit of consistency, but he has definitely shown his capabilities.

love Kruze, but so far, for whatever reason, he hasn't been the player I was hoping for when we took him at number one. If you re-did that draft now, I'm not sure he'd even go top 5 ( Cotchin, Hendo, Dangerfield, Rioli , Harry Taylor etc)

So the boys on the couch think blues should trade kreuzer and yarran, I guess they know nothing compared to experts on here.

I'd put my money on the people that think through a process than those that blurt things out for sensationalism.

Don't get drawn into the media experts' opinions. The larger proportion amount to very little at all as one week it's this and the next week it's that.

Hi, can someone please write up a list of Carlton players who are potential trade targets, no matter if you want them to stay or go, if you have any doubt's write them up, im going on every team board to get a accurate list of trade targets, this rules out people thinking an Untouchable or recently signed player is gettable etc, after i get a full list ill return and give you the list. Cheers:thumbsu:

I'm thinking if we can trade for a gun key position forward, then no-one on the list is untouchable. Problem is there isn't anything on offer that's worth sacrificing one of our elites for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the look of my twitter feed, seems like Kruze is copping a battering on TV tonight. Some asking why Kruze isn't ridiculed as a poor number 1 pick like Jack Watts? Might be for the fact that Kruze has had a knee reco and has had games where he was close to BOG whereas Jack has done SFA. Albeit Kruze lacks a bit of consistency, but he has definitely shown his capabilities.
I am astounded that anyone would suggest Kreuzer and Watts are in the same category, there is no comparison here. Kreuzer is light years ahead of Watts and the suggestion (I have seen it posted) that we should seriously look at getting Watts at the end of this year just defies rational judgement in my view.

love Kruze, but so far, for whatever reason, he hasn't been the player I was hoping for when we took him at number one. If you re-did that draft now, I'm not sure he'd even go top 5 ( Cotchin, Hendo, Dangerfield, Rioli , Harry Taylor etc)
Would he be the best ruckman in that draft still if we had another crack at it ??

We needed a ruckman badly at that time and they decided to recruit for a specific need, also every other recruiting manager had him as the first pick.

Imagine we had murphy, pendles, cotch, selwood and kept Kennedy.

Hindsight and all that. .

People judge Kreuzer very harshly...when played as a lone ruck his hit out numbers are great. Disposal figures comparable with all bar Cox, most tackles of any ruckman and makes them count, number of marks is surprisingly pretty good amongst rucks...and works harder without the ball than any. Appreciate what we have folks.

Why didn't we have a look at Brent Moloney? I've heard he's not on much coin at Brisbane, and character issues aside, he's a clearance machine. He would have been the last piece to our midfield puzzle.

What are people's thoughts on Gumbleton? I think he's definitely gettable. So it becomes a question as to whether his body is durable enough, and if so, if he is actually good enough to tie up into a long term contract.

Why didn't we have a look at Brent Moloney? I've heard he's not on much coin at Brisbane, and character issues aside, he's a clearance machine. He would have been the last piece to our midfield puzzle.

What are people's thoughts on Gumbleton? I think he's definitely gettable. So it becomes a question as to whether his body is durable enough, and if so, if he is actually good enough to tie up into a long term contract.

I like gumbleton and I think he's worth a punt, also wouldn't mind looking at Thorp aswell

I am astounded that anyone would suggest Kreuzer and Watts are in the same category, there is no comparison here. Kreuzer is light years ahead of Watts and the suggestion (I have seen it posted) that we should seriously look at getting Watts at the end of this year just defies rational judgement in my view.

Wasn't it Roos who highlighted J Watts' complete lack of effort this and every other year since he was drafted?
Paul Roos, could be the next former golden boy to vanish up his own freckle faster than you can fart the word hubris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back