List Mgmt. Our List 2014 - Trade, De-list and Draft - (keep it all in here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure who your "we" are Faz. I don't have any doubt that both are, not only walk ups for seniors, but in the first 10 picked and think (not withstanding Yarran's sulk) the m/c think likewise.

Look, on the one hand, you're right.

But in terms of role... is Yarran a HBF, HFF, Wing, or what?

Is Kreuzer our first ruck, second ruck, or tall forward? Some peanuts still suggest he should play ruck rover or CHB.

I think both MK and Yarran could well have the right to feel they'd been thrown around and not allowed to play in their preferred position, and therefore play their best, and therefore maximise their value in most pundits eyes.

Look, on the one hand, you're right.

But in terms of role... is Yarran a HBF, HFF, Wing, or what?

Is Kreuzer our first ruck, second ruck, or tall forward? Some peanuts still suggest he should play ruck rover or CHB.

I think both MK and Yarran could well have the right to feel they'd been thrown around and not allowed to play in their preferred position, and therefore play their best, and therefore maximise their value in most pundits eyes.

You make a good point but it seems to me that MM has decided that Yarran is a Wing/HFF. Doesn't seem to have the defensive skills and mindset for HBF for mine and has already shown how devastating he can be up the ground. I just hope the rocket that has been shoved up his arse in the last few weeks doesn't get dislodged.

As for MK, in my uneducated view, he is a Ruckman first and foremost and the moving around that has happened this year is all about Malthouse trying different structures in order to best assess our Ruck/Forward stocks and needs going forward. I suspect he knows what the ideal is and we are likely to see these players slotted in to their best positions on a regular basis from here on.

Doesn't help that we can't decide whether Kreuzer and Yarran belong in the seniors, and if so, in what role.

Has there ever been a question with Kreuzer. Confusion over Hampson/Warnock migh have impacted on his specific role a little but can't recall a knock on Kreuzer.

Hopefully this has been answered in the last month or so. A fit (or at least available) Warnock and Hampson held out by a consistent Kreuzer.

Is it just me or do other teams players seem to have more value?
I can't quite get my head around with what some posters are throwing around as picks for players yet when it comes to a Carlton player they're relatively worthless.

Yarran seems to get bandied around as a mid second rounder and Thomas as a low first rounder. :eek:
Kreuzer as a mid second rounder and Leunberger as a high first rounder etc etc.

I think the reason is that as a group the team has under achieved for several years now so all players are tarred with the same lack of value brush.

The landscape has changed; free agency I believe has brought about a new way in which clubs need to draft and trade.

A focus needs to be on getting Key Position players via the draft and then use free agency to get the required mid. You pay way too much for Key Position players via free agency, the right mid could well be a bargain.

I am all for making a play for Boyd; best KP in this years draft, a player we desperatley need.

Trading out Kreuzer or Yarran will free up further space to have a crack at Dale Thomas or a similar player; so even though we might be losing first round pick, we ultimately get Thomas in replacement.

I would think Lucas would be the player for outside speed. He is quick, but similarly to Griffiths, has had some injury issues and his confidence is a bit shot as a result.

I think we will continue to play him in the 1's and see how he goes. If he's not looking the type, and we snare Dale Thomas as a free agent...theres every chance Lucas would be a trade option.

Similar to Griffiths in many ways - Same age (21), same Draft (Lucas pick 12, Griffiths pick 19), same injury issues and lack of development as a result. Lucas has played more games, and I dont know a lot about griffiths....however 4 goals from 19 games is hardly the return we would be looking for. If Our recruiters see value there, im not against it, but think i'd want more than just a straight swap.

The only other player I could see us looking at trading would be Ellard or Joseph as a small crumber...but I cant see Richmond being interested in either.

With Tyrone Vickery, Jack Riewoldt the KPF its very difficult for Griffiths to get a spot in our foward structure and he has been played in defence 90% of his game time so its not a true reflection of his foward abilities. But i would be certain in the carlton structure Ben Griffiths would be a 40-50 goal foward

I really wouldnt think that lucas would be the type of player that we would be looking at with Grigg,Houli,Ellis playing that type of role currently and Hardwick is very big on good kicking ( I know most on the carlton board dont rate griggs kicking but he has been pretty good so far)

Garlett would be the player i'd love to see at Richmond and is the type we are lacking

Trading into draft picks would be about fucusssing on the future. I reckon MM is looking at who to acquire for immediate impact.

Completely agree.
We want immediate impact whilst we still have Waite & Judd in the team.
A quality key defender, at least one more good mid and possibly a 3rd tall forward is what we should be in the market for.

With Tyrone Vickery, Jack Riewoldt the KPF its very difficult for Griffiths to get a spot in our foward structure and he has been played in defence 90% of his game time so its not a true reflection of his foward abilities. But i would be certain in the carlton structure Ben Griffiths would be a 40-50 goal foward

I really wouldnt think that lucas would be the type of player that we would be looking at with Grigg,Houli,Ellis playing that type of role currently and Hardwick is very big on good kicking ( I know most on the carlton board dont rate griggs kicking but he has been pretty good so far)

Garlett would be the player i'd love to see at Richmond and is the type we are lacking
I'm sure you would...but this is where talking trades on BF gets useless. Carlton are very unlikely to trade out Jeffy, and he is worth a lot more than Griffiths.

Also it's a bigger punt taking a player who you guys have played in defense, with intent to move them forward....so we would pay even less than what you would want.

And yet someone here earlier thought that Essendon would get a first rounder for Gumbleton.

Yes that was me ! And i believe they will with the shortage of quality KPF ready to take a team like Fremantle to the next level or Western bulldogs who are clearly in need of a kpf

Gumbleton + 2nd Round selection for Carlton/Doggies 1st round pick would be very much on the cards
Just have a look at some of the trades that have been before (tambling) Dawes) etc

Kruezer & Yarran are still 1st round quality but carlton wont trade them & Rightfully not

I wouldn't mind giving a player like griffo a run. Would have been a top 5 pick if he wasn't so injury prone. Can kick it an absolute mile.

Thing is, his injuries are a worry, plus he hasn't quite done enough when his up and going to convince me he his definitely good enough to make it. Still big upside imo.

Garlett is an interesting option for a trade as we already have Eddie and Yarran, although we can play all of them, having 3 is a bit surplus and we could definitely live with 2.

Personally I wouldn't quite pull the trigger on a Garlett for Griffiths trade, but wouldn't be shattered if that deal went through.

I played footy with Ben's older brother and they have a smoking hot sister!

I wouldn't mind giving a player like griffo a run. Would have been a top 5 pick if he wasn't so injury prone. Can kick it an absolute mile.

Thing is, his injuries are a worry, plus he hasn't quite done enough when his up and going to convince me he his definitely good enough to make it. Still big upside imo.

Garlett is an interesting option for a trade as we already have Eddie and Yarran, although we can play all of them, having 3 is a bit surplus and we could definitely live with 2.

Personally I wouldn't quite pull the trigger on a Garlett for Griffiths trade, but wouldn't be shattered if that deal went through.

Must get then....:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a major unknown in the whole mix of discussing players drafted, in general.

e.g. What sort of player would have Gibbs been had have he gone to Geelong and what sort of player would have Selwood been with us?

The environment in which you're in has some say as to the player you may become.
Some players need an ideal environment to get the best out of them and some will flourish anywhere.

I think it may be fair to say that Geelong had the better culture and development program in recent years.
Our development program has been screwed up since Pagan's days. But, to be fair, in the early days of his era, we had to go after a certain type of player because we were hamstrung because of our draft penalties.

From there, when we did get good players, we tended to under develop them (Josh Kennedy at CHF) or play them in their wrong positions or never gave them the early opportunities to shine.

I think that to be fair, there was a lot of carry over from the Pagan era into Ratts reign as top dog and as a consequence, players still werent getting developed properly and were still getting played out of position.

Hey if Tom Lee can garner a first round pick, look out your window - you may in fact see a unicorn riding on a flying pig.

My thoughts exactly. With the Saints in dire need of a KPD, we could may well get complete overs for Watson if the club feel he is not up to it. The record the Saints have, a first round pick for Watto would not exactly shock me.

Gee, I don't know.
Garlett anywhere near his best is a 50 goal a year player let alone for all the tackling and goal-assists he's involved in and we'd give him up for what?

That just doesn't sit right with me, as when Garlett has a quiet week or two we're O.K. to give him away yet trade him for someone playing reserves football and with ongoing injury concerns? :confused:

My thoughts exactly. With the Saints in dire need of a KPD, we could may well get complete overs for Watson if the club feel he is not up to it. The record the Saints have, a first round pick for Watto would not exactly shock me.

Watson would be playing regular football with the Saints and Lee, who is a year and a half older than Watson can't get a game in a flagging side.

Gumbleton + 2nd Round selection for Carlton 1st round pick would be very much on the cards
Just have a look at some of the trades that have been before (tambling) Dawes) etct
No chance in hell.

We're not downgrading our first pick for an injury prone forward. Let alone a player who might be suspended by ASADA.

The Griffiths proposals are from the same imaginary land as Bellchambers for Sidebottom or a first round pick and a player.
Trading into draft picks would be about fucusssing on the future. I reckon MM is looking at who to acquire for immediate impact.
Reckon Mick would trade a ruck for a pick. Or a ruck and a pick for a pick upgrade and possibly a player. GWS gave away Jed Anderson for nothing last year. o_O

At the risk of getting my head chewed off here but i think that the Carlton Football club will be more prepared to trade players and picks than in the past - which usually means paying slight overs

In regards to trading for players that cant make their current teams or are injury prone and not wanting to pay overs (which i can understand)

What would you guys be wanting for say players like
Watson ( Same age as Griffiths but about same or less)
Hampson ( Not a ruck or a true foward and 25yo )
Warnock ( will be 27 in january and only played 64 games constantly injured)
lucas

Has there ever been a question with Kreuzer. Confusion over Hampson/Warnock migh have impacted on his specific role a little but can't recall a knock on Kreuzer.

Hopefully this has been answered in the last month or so. A fit (or at least available) Warnock and Hampson held out by a consistent Kreuzer.

Agreed. The only people I can think of that were doubting him as best 22 were keyboard warriors and peanuts in the media.

The Big K is the constant in this puzzling equation...the other two lads are fighting it out for second banana.

At the risk of getting my head chewed off here but i think that the Carlton Football club will be more prepared to trade players and picks than in the past - which usually means paying slight overs

In regards to trading for players that cant make their current teams or are injury prone and not wanting to pay overs (which i can understand)

What would you guys be wanting for say players like
Watson ( Same age as Griffiths but about same or less)
Hampson ( Not a ruck or a true foward and 25yo )
Warnock ( will be 27 in january and only played 64 games constantly injured)
lucas

You won't get your head chewed off...most around here know we're gonna have a crack come Oct/Nov.

If you want the four above, you'll have to part with Jack, Cotch, and one of Deledio/Martin, your choice...;)

You won't get your head chewed off...most around here know we're gonna have a crack come Oct/Nov.

If you want the four above, you'll have to part with Jack, Cotch, and one of Deledio/Martin, your choice...;)

LOL no i dont think any of them really fit our 'Needs' was just throwing it out their for comparison purposes

Gee, I don't know.
Garlett anywhere near his best is a 50 goal a year player let alone for all the tackling and goal-assists he's involved in and we'd give him up for what?

That just doesn't sit right with me, as when Garlett has a quiet week or two we're O.K. to give him away yet trade him for someone playing reserves football and with ongoing injury concerns? :confused:

Your probably right, I'm a little bias as griffo is a friars old boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back