List Mgmt. Our List 2014 - Trade, De-list and Draft - (keep it all in here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont waste your breath Pratt ...
Just need to snag Rutten and swing Hendo forward and she'll be right mate !!
Our list is well balanced ...
The group has spoken !!

I'm hearing you, it's not the lists fault we have been floundering around that 7-12 spot the last 4 years; they all have heart and that's what it is all about.

Walker from Geelong looked ok today; be behind Hawkins, kersten, pods, vardy; maybe worth a nibble. Would be our best young forward, guarantee him 22 games.

Hard to believe that he's still only 20. Looks closer to 30 but yes, he looked good in a clunky sort of way.

Did Kersten even play today? Hardly sighted for most of the match.

I think Malthouse would be very unhappy with the notions of players needing to all be superstars and win games of their own boots. Footy is a team game and simply having players absolutely follow instructions/the gameplan and play their role and give 100% commitment all the time is generally more important than flashy talent and a highlight reel.

Yes you want to improve every line of your 22 as much as you can, but I hate this idea of selling the farm to get particular players who may or may not even work out that well.

No offense to Essendon, but right now they're not exactly a desirable destination...............thanks to Hird.

North have Atley and McDonald to do that job.

The Dogs? Carlton it is then. :)

Hampson + Lucas? Docherty was a 1st rounder & considering the exodus at the moment they're going to play hardball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hampson + Lucas? Docherty was a 1st rounder & considering the exodus at the moment they're going to play hardball.

If he's the player we need then our first rounder may be fair enough.

He's been in the system 2 years so would be more valuable than a kid that may take some time to work his way in.

If we can get Docherty to nominate us it would probably help us paying less.

Anyone know who he supported as a kid? :p

So he's met with
Carlton
Essendon*
WBD
North

Surely we can cross out Essendon as he would have to be an idiot to go there and we dont need idiots at the club, so lets hope he's not one.

Then Longer is all but gone from Brisbane
Which means Hampson is looking tasty trade wise.
I think they would prefer Hampson
over Warnock as Leuy is clearly their number one and a back up who can clunk a mark forward would be perfect.

There is no need to throw in Lucas to the trade, Doc was a Pick #12, not a top #8 like Longer and Polec, Lucas is worth too much to throw away that easily and Brisbane wont get given anything close to Docs pic #12 value after only managing to play 10 games at this time his stocks are low and wanting out drives them lower.

What could North or the Dogs offer? North could throw Currie in but I'd say he be an essential piece for their own development and I cant anyone wanting Daw, I'm sure there are some other player Brisbane could want, but I'd say a ruckman would be a high priority, Dogs haven't had an AFL ruckman besides Minson in years, cant see them offering, once again obviously other players could play but WBD have got a solid youthful list whilst having no prime aged players to trade, I'd say theyd back their own youth in over getting Doc, of course the Dogs second rounder could be tasty, but Hampson would be worth more than that. Luckily North are perfectly poised where their first is too much and their second would be trumped by Hampson

If its between us the Roos and Dogs then
Hampson + (2nd round) should be good enough
If he nominates us specifically
Hampson + (3rd round or nothing)

If we can get Docherty to nominate us it would probably help us paying less.

Anyone know who he supported as a kid? :p
Who did you admire as a junior?

Admired Chris Judd and Marc Murphy growing up. I was obviously a Blues supporter so they were the two I really looked up to when I was coming through the ranks.

I sent a tweet to Boyd and Lennon today, telling them to do whatever they need to do to get into the Blues next year lol. Lennon favourited it. Must have sold him on the idea :p
Nice work SD, I know Tom Boyd is likely to go number 1 in the draft and is a KPF (and is a Carlton supporter) but I am not aware of what type of player Lennon is. Is he coming through the draft and what player would you say would be similar in size/shape and what position would you see him play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back