List Mgmt. Our List 2014 - Trade, De-list and Draft - (keep it all in here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some supporters are anti-Thorp because he "hasn't grown up" and is a "dickhead". Pretty sure Andrew Krakuoer did time and Mick got him on the straight and narrow.

FFS all of Yarran, Garlett and Betts were nothing but trouble makers as young kids, yet our supporters worship them.

Really hate this ignorant, judgemental tone that a few posters are having regarding Thorp. Get off your high horse. If he gets drafted and kicks our first goal against Richmond at the G from '50 you will be out of your seat praising the bloke.

For the record Hawthorn didn't only delist him because of his attitude. He didn't do the work as a kid, as a result got injured plenty and lost all form.

Most supporters are against him because he did SFA at afl level and didnt show the desire to be there originally.

Most supporters are against him because he did SFA at afl level and didnt show the desire to be there originally.

He did SFA at AFL level as a kid because he was an immature dick head and he admits that himself. He has gone back to the real world, done everything there is possible to do in the Tassie League, and is putting his hand up to have a proper crack at AFL level.

He has started a family, apparently grown up a lot and is doing the hard yards to get back into the system. Really don't see the need to attack him personally and call him names. Just a bloke trying to get his life on track.

Maybe he should just give up and instead of trying to play footy, just play bigfooty. Save himself the abuse.

Would definitely take Mitch Thorp. Turns 25 this year is in good shape, plays as a true full forward and most importantly can lead a side..

A guy at 24 years old leads a side to a premiership, as the captain coach, while winning every playing award in site must really have his shit in a mess.

All year I keep reading introverts and quiet comments about players on our list...Here is a guy who is not an introvert, not quite, can play footy and is a KPP who would come cheaply not far away from his prime years and yet some posters don't want to know about it..

He is not the second coming of carey or dunstall, but given a chance would be an improvement on the KP depth currently on the list.
Can I just point out that the tsl is sub vfl so I would call it a third tier rather than second tier comp. thorp dominated yes but it is a big jump to afl level.

He has a big big ego, which may or may not be a healthy thing to take into his second crack at afl and the success he had this year did nothing to humble him that is for sure.

Would definitely take Mitch Thorp. Turns 25 this year is in good shape, plays as a true full forward and most importantly can lead a side..

A guy at 24 years old leads a side to a premiership, as the captain coach, while winning every playing award in site must really have his shit in a mess.

All year I keep reading introverts and quiet comments about players on our list...Here is a guy who is not an introvert, not quite, can play footy and is a KPP who would come cheaply not far away from his prime years and yet some posters don't want to know about it..

He is not the second coming of carey or dunstall, but given a chance would be an improvement on the KP depth currently on the list.

Exactly!

You do realise that the Hawks let Thorp go?

Yet they're not exactly on the straight and narrow with some of their players.

Supporters getting overexcited about players to the extent that they're the next must have.

Arguments are more circular than nitpicking.

:cool:

Why do you not like Thorp? Because you heard he's a dickhead therefore not welcome at the club, even though that was 4 years ago now?

I mean, I've read/heard some stuff about you but this board still welcomes you with open arms.

dKD6E.jpg

Robbos influence is overrated to me. Shouldn't need him to make our team avoid playing soft. He has also hurt the teams morale with some clangers that kill our momentum too.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using Tapatalk now Free
I was talking about the Hawthorn game. If you don't think he was influencing that game in a big way up until he got injured then I don't what what to say.....

Why do you not like Thorp? Because you heard he's a dickhead therefore not welcome at the club, even though that was 4 years ago now?

I mean, I've read/heard some stuff about you but this board still welcomes you with open arms.

dKD6E.jpg
I don't particularly care about Thorp but RK seems to do it with many players. He rants about Shaw like he's Satan. He does this just on what he hears and sees in the media.

I'm all for giving a bloke a go if the club decides to do so.

Can I just point out that the tsl is sub vfl so I would call it a third tier rather than second tier comp. thorp dominated yes but it is a big jump to afl level.

He has a big big ego, which may or may not be a healthy thing to take into his second crack at afl and the success he had this year did nothing to humble him that is for sure.

I am with big Sim on this, the Tassie comp is very average & I from what I have seen of Thorp I dont think he will be any better than Rowe.

A lot of angst at RK's posting but I'm stuffed if I know why. He put the devil into devil's advocate and every discussion board needs someone to do that or it turns into an echo chamber.

Feel free to disagree with him but don't take him any more seriously than he takes you and everyone will get along fine.

I think that unless a poster knows him personally, from recent times, you cannot judge him too harshly.
Everyone deserves a second chance, and I'm sure Mick has dealt with worse or similar situations coming into his 30th year in coaching.

Maybe it's more hope he can rather than believe that he can, i don't know, thing is he isn't our best ruckman.

No, he isn't our best "tapper" ... a ruckman's job is more than just tapping, and MK does every other football related thing better than RW.

Thorp this, Thorp that... :rolleyes:

There are plenty of young KPP prospects in Chris25's and Knightmare's phantom drafts. I'd be disappointed if we didn't make space for at least a couple of them and continued our trend of only drafting flankers and midfielders. :(

The secret to building a spine is to select young talent in the draft. Watson is the only 193+cm KPP on our list we selected in the National Draft out of the U18 competition:
  • Henderson (fortuitous trade, thanks Vossy!)
  • Jamison (20yo rookie pupil of Crosisca)
  • Casboult (19yo rookie and still very much a prospect)
  • Waite (fell into our lap as a father son)
  • Rowe (mature ager)
Pick up Thorp and Pods with a rookie selection or two if you wish but the long term strategy should be to punt on the kids not other clubs' discards.

We have 3 picks in the top 50 (assuming we use one on Doc). Roll the dice on a KPP or two...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some supporters are anti-Thorp because he "hasn't grown up" and is a "dickhead".

I'm Anti Thorp because Same Rowe and
Levi Casbolt have done more at both the AFL and VFL level.

If these 2 blokes are list cloggers than we arn't improving our list by getting him into the club.

Like another poster said Rookie list is one thing but a senior list spot shouldn't be in our equation

Thorp this, Thorp that... :rolleyes:

There are plenty of young KPP prospects in Chris25's and Knightmare's phantom drafts. I'd be disappointed if we didn't make space for at least a couple of them and continued our trend of only drafting flankers and midfielders. :(

The secret to building a spine is to select young talent in the draft. Watson is the only 193+cm KPP on our list we selected in the National Draft out of the U18 competition:
  • Henderson (fortuitous trade, thanks Vossy!)
  • Jamison (20yo rookie pupil of Crosisca)
  • Casboult (19yo rookie and still very much a prospect)
  • Waite (fell into our lap as a father son)
  • Rowe (mature ager)
Pick up Thorp and Pods with a rookie selection or two if you wish but the long term strategy should be to punt on the kids not other clubs' discards.

We have 3 picks in the top 50 (assuming we use one on Doc). Roll the dice on a KPP or two...

And the Swans seem to do just fine picking discarded players

If these 2 blokes are list cloggers than we arn't improving our list by getting him into the club.

Like another poster said Rookie list is one thing but a senior list spot shouldn't be in our equation

Hang on, he got his chances at AFL/VFL level when he was a kid and his head wasn't there for AFL. I understand this is completely his fault, but we can't assume he's a list clogger. From when he has applied himself he has torn up the Tassie league, which is a step below VFL but still not a bad effort to win everything possible - whilst coaching.

Get the Doc trade done tomorrow, then get the cogs turning on Tarrant and Pods?

Dale, Doc, Taz and a signing of Pods would really go along way to boosting our competitiveness next year...

Is Taz even a realistic option? :confused:

Wasn't Rowe on swans list few years back, little hypocritical to say Thorpe shouldn't get a second chance.

What normal teenager doesn't make some stupid mistakes and maybe have an ego because they are good at something. I have no problem with wiping the slate clean; I just hope we recruit on merit. If his head is screwed on and he has ability that can improve our list, please have a look at him.

Obviously going around in circles, some like Thorpe, some dont.

I say give him a chance, trust in Mick to get the best out of him (how many players have won a battle of wills with him over 20 years ?).

Dochs a good get if we close the deal on Monday. Would love to think we have Daisy & Doc and have enough for one more Top22 player.

We seem to have overlooked that we need to also draft a replacement for Sticks who is retiring. We don't have any Eddies left and there is one who is likely to get delisted. Any interest ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back