Our Next 6 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton, Richmond and Melbourne are the only possibles.

Can someone please tell me why our next three home games are against Geelong, Hawthorn and St Kilda. Not to mention our other few home games have been against Port, Bulldogs and Collingwood. Talk about fixtures!!

the coaching/players need a complete brain reversal..somethings hugely amiss..what happens in preseason-there appears to be no preparation or working together-like nobody knows wtf is going on at any given time,including the coaching...the work in progress is now regressing.

ok,phlegmed that off the chest..

we should be able to pull our sorry selves up and beat richmond, melbourne,and even carlton..depending on which WCE turns up and how big a rocket theyve had fired up their shorts..but i suspect on current form we'll be lucky to win 1 game from 6..

then again anything can and sometimes does happen..we might beat the hawks, or geelong???(hmmm):rolleyes:

woosha still says we can make the finals (unbelievably)..he sounded like a dispirited man (with flu) to me..very unconvincing, and what else could he say.."no,we wont make the finals this year,its all over, everyone go home?"

anyone think therell be a huge form/tactics reversal,and win a bunch of games down the track??

We aernt making finals... the Fremantle and Collingwood games have canned that idea. I only see a total of 7 wins coming out of the rest of this season now and Its likely that we will drop a few of them by under a goal anyway (such is our season).

If there is a form reversal it will need to come from the likes of Jones, Lynch, Priddis, Nico, Hurn, Embley, A.Selwood, Seaby, Stinga ect all firing.. on the back of Cox, Kerr and Glass dominating. It cant be left up to the kids and it cant just come from 1,2,3 players, needs to be a consistant team effort. At the moment Cox and Glass are firing with Kerr in consistant and little to no backup from the other guys with the kids having to step up consistantly for us to remain competetive. When we were winning games and playing well this year it was through an improved output of our more senior players.

I dont think there needs to be a tactical reversal as we are all ready displaying a tactical reversal from what we put out last year. The forward line still needs improvement however and there are a few playes in certain roles that might be used better...

Unfortunately we should prepare for more of the same, we have a young team that won 4 games last year with an average losing margin of 10 goals.

This year we have been much better but still inexperienced and sadly inconsistent which will continue to the frustration of us the fans.

I would expect a very high level of enthusiasm next week

Only winnable game there is against Melbourne and they will be red hot favourites on their ground. Maybe Richmond????

All other games near on impossible unless there is some dramatic turnaround.
Very scared of what geelong could do to us next home game.

Toatlly agree there, most Melbourne supporters have that game as a pencilled in win already.

And Richmond are starting to play good footy again, and we suck at the telstra dome.

Though both those games we are a chance still the other 4 no hope.

That with our general away form is probaly 5 goals worst than our home form.

At this stage unless somethink drastic changes, I think we will end up 0 - 6.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately we should prepare for more of the same, we have a young team that won 4 games last year with an average losing margin of 10 goals.

This year we have been much better but still inexperienced and sadly inconsistent which will continue to the frustration of us the fans.

I would expect a very high level of enthusiasm next week

I think a little bit too much is made of our inexperience. Take Essendon for example. On the weekend their team had 500 games less experience then the we did yet they're playing pretty good football consistently. Begs the question why we can't.

I think a little bit too much is made of our inexperience. Take Essendon for example. On the weekend their team had 500 games less experience then the we did yet they're playing pretty good football consistently. Begs the question why we can't.
Point taken so do we have the wrong youngsters, the wrong plan, the wrong coach, or too many older players

why are we more inconsistanstant than the bombers?

How about throwing an upset win over hawthorn in... we did Doggies and Power in on home soil and showed some minerals against Hawks and Swans. Our season will have a few suprises install i'm sure.

I'm not saying we will go 4 from six but we may choke up a "supoosed win" and nab one we shouldn't.

You guys forget where the bombers were placed last year compared to this year, same thing with Brisbane, both those teams finished a few places above us in 08 and so have less of a mountain to climb to reach the 8. Not to mention the fact we are only half way through the season, sure Brisbane and Essendon have got off to great starts but allot changes after the mid season break.

You will start to see the re ermergance of the Bulldogs and Hawthorn after the break, Carlton and Collingwood will start to make a charge. And as always happens some teams within the top 8 will start to drop off, its highly likely that both of them will run out of steam.

Point taken so do we have the wrong youngsters, the wrong plan, the wrong coach, or too many older players

why are we more inconsistanstant than the bombers?

Basically what I was getting at was that a lack of experience is not necessarily a reason for up and down performance. Our problem is more to do with the performance of the players in the 40+ range. I guess that if these players perform than it makes it easier for the kids.

Other than St. Kilda, Melbourne and Collingwood we've been pretty good this year. I guess Melbourne and Collingwood were hugely disappointing mainly to the way we played (heart, fight etc) and the lack of alternatives when things start to go wrong. Obviously time is required for this team to develop and we will lose more than we win this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our Next 6 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back