Prediction Round 6, 2024: Changes vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the article quoting Simpson

“While he’s probably not at 100 per cent full game mode he’s in a good space, he’s in a good space, he’s trained well, his performance on the weekend was good at WAFL level and he’s ready to go as the sub,” Simpson told 6PR.

Pretty unambiguous

Also in that interview Simpson said Maric is effectively replacing Edwards who was an extra midfielder in the Richmond game

I don’t think Simpson could have made it any clearer that Sheed will be the sub

Yeah but who's the sub?

From last Derby

View attachment 1963907

Fair to expect that the boys to make Freo earn it on Saturday with these in's, no Gaff and a fit Yeo and McGovern.

Last derby when I found out we had two out with illness I loaded Freo 90+. If two blokes are crook then actually 10 of them might be. Although that certainly wouldn't have been needed for such a poor performance, considering in the 2 weeks prior we rolled Roos (not hard) and lost to Essendon by one dodgy ball up, then the 2 weeks after rolled Dogs and were up at half time v Crows it wouldn't shock me. The game v Freo was a big anomaly in that group of 5.

So it was a profitable night for me, and hopefully we are fit and firing this weekend to make it competitive.

As long as our mids are proactive.Don’t stand still and hope to tackle after they get the ball.AKA another version of corralling!
Reid will pick the pathways earlier than most but I guarantee he will be throttled by the freo mids. I predict Serong will be the bully boy coz that’s his thing.
If they try it I would send him the opposite way. Mark Serong!
Reid will get some quality touches regardless.
Let’s hope we’ve got our “ go short,go low or go long, go low” plan in order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the preseason derby harley is hilariously bad compared to last weeks game its pretty funny

Sheed has done that in many games over the past few seasons. It coincided to with everyone dropping off. And over that time he now admits to trying to play with a foot issue that eventually needed an extended rehab.

Now I also remember games when fit where Sheed does run both ways and yes, even lays tackles, multiple tackles. He has shown he can do it. Just not consistantly. That has to change and now. The kids are showing the way and if the old blokes dont meet the new higher standards then they get left behind.

Thats the standards hopefully a fit list and competition for spots generates. And we continue drafting players with speed and a contested edge to their game

"Now I also remember games when fit where Sheed does run both ways and yes, even lays tackles, multiple tackles."

Sheeds last quarter of the 2018 GF was huge in every regard (inc multiple 1%s).

Just mind boggling how much that mind set evaporated post 2018 with injury and a lack of desire.

May well be Sheeds last opportunity, stand up or prepare to be a WAFL player who gets a run only when injuries demand it.

Last edited:
It's official, Sheed is the new whipping boy! (before he's even played a game?)

Am liking Marics's new buzz cut btw....
My comment was nothing to do with Sheed. It could have been anyone but I thought we had moved past playing players not match fit. Simmo made it seem like Sheed wasn't ready for a full game and I don't like the idea of the sub not a 100% ready. One early injury could cascade.

Last edited:
My comment was nothing to do with Sheed. It could have been anyone but I thought we had moved past playing players not match fit. Simmo made it seem like Sheed wasn't ready for a full game and I don't like the idea of the sub not a 100% ready. One early injury could cascade.
Ok, my comment wasn't in reference to your comment? It was just a general observation.

I'm curious to see how Sheed plays, but am trying not to write off players before they even play a game. Comparing players/teams/coaches performances to last year is difficult due to struggling to put a team on the field and forced to use players underdone or playing through injury.

Sheed I think had a foot injury and played - might explain his lack of chase etc.
Anyway, just think it's fair to give a player getting their 1st game of the season, the benefit of the doubt, whether sub or not? ((; (and the coach perhaps, some people haven't let go of last season, we've moved on)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back