Coach Our next coach - Training Wheels included

Who do you want to see as our next senior coach?

• Buckley

Votes: 42 7.1%
  • Choco

Votes: 37 6.3%
  • Clarkson

Votes: 213 36.2%
  • Leppitsch

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Lyon

Votes: 203 34.5%
  • Pyke

Votes: 55 9.3%
  • Roos

Votes: 19 3.2%
  • Scott

Votes: 46 7.8%
  • Voss

Votes: 61 10.4%
  • Worsfold

Votes: 12 2.0%
  • Rookie/Training Wheels MK III

Votes: 25 4.2%
  • Burns

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Caracella

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Graham

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harvey

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Kingsley

Votes: 17 2.9%
  • Schofield

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Yze

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • Giansiracusa

Votes: 6 1.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it truly is only between those two then Kingsley should be our priority. I dont get the appeal at all of Voss
Voss I reckon has a good CV but the query is how he presents himself and his vision and shows that he will have learned from his experience.
Having the senior experience can be either a big advantage or disadvantage (up against others with none)
If he's got to the last two then he presumably has presented well.
Unfortunately no mention of fourth candidate in the article.

I agree with GOH that it was always going to go Cook then Clarkson (hoping at least)

Paul Roos did the same thing with us in 2013. Said no and rules himself out several times then experienced CE0 Peter Jackson came on board. Few weeks later wouldn’t you know it Roosy’s had a change of heart and signs on. Looks to be a very similar scenario here at Carlton.

Just cannot see you going down the risky Voss/Kingsley path given the high stakes. Blues have a list that should and must make the top eight.

Voss in particular would be a huge error. Was proven to be out of his depth against the AFL’s best coaching minds.

Don’t muck around. Get the best.

A report that it's between Voss and Kingsley, with hedging of bets... (Note: Tom Browne article for those who don't want to click on it)
Are we sure Tom Browne and reporting belong in same sentence?
If it isn't Clarko
Then giddy up Gia.

Paul Roos did the same thing with us in 2013. Said no and rules himself out several times then experienced CE0 Peter Jackson came on board. Few weeks later wouldn’t you know it Roosy’s had a change of heart and signs on. Looks to be a very similar scenario here at Carlton.

Just cannot see you going down the risky Voss/Kingsley path given the high stakes. Blues have a list that should and must make the top eight.

Voss in particular would be a huge error. Was proven to be out of his depth against the AFL’s best coaching minds.

This!

I'll back any coach that we end up with, but IMO now is a good time to ask Ross again:
  1. Liddell is gone
  2. Williams is happy to do a simpler process for an experienced coach
  3. Cook is now on board and CFC is a destination club again!

Ross has the hunger to succeed
The experience and hard edge to demand a higher standard from the players
Ross was keen, but he was put off by the process and people like Liddle who didn't want him
He only need a little nudge now and he'll be on board 110% with coaching again - to aim for a premiership that has alluded him to date!

Can you imagine an off season, where we got:
  • Sayers - a new president - a go getter!
  • Cook - a new CEO - a well respected and highly functional person'
  • Williams - a new Football Director - a passionate but calm Carlton man
  • Ross - an experienced and hard edge coach
Sayers have given the whole club a riot act.
The players have to simply shape up or ship out!

With Ross as the coach, more so than a rookie coach, it feels to me that there will be an implied urgency to succeed.
And this aligns well with Sayers saying finals, starting from next year.
With a rookie coach, you won't get that same sense of urgency.

In any case, with the 4 big ins this off season - they will make everything much more enjoyable for long suffering supports like us!

So c'mon Sayers - reach out to Ross again :D

Last edited:

We are definitely trying
And btw
Best of luck for getting the cup. Sad that so many supporters can't see it live.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming the reports of it being a race in two are correct, I'm very pleased. I never wanted either Clarkson or Lyon. I don't think either are or were the right choice for Carlton.

Voss is possibly the worst possible choice of all those put forward. Those with short memories think the Fevola trade was Voss main issue.

Cohesion in our playing group was already an issue this year…… with Voss

Kingsleys training wheels will make Teague look experienced.

Looks like it’s Clarko or a helluva lot of pain

Voss is possibly the worst possible choice of all those put forward. Those with short memories think the Fevola trade was Voss main issue.

Hasnt Kingsley been in the assistant coaching business for 14 or 15 years ?

I disagree. I personally wanted Brad Scott. If its Voss, Or Kingsley or Gia so be it. Im more than happy to give them a chance.

Agree re Voss, would be a bad choice IMO, you don't miss out on multiple jobs for no reason...

Would be happy with

EXPIERIENCED COACHES
  • Clarkson - Hopeful but unlikely
  • Lyon - Unlikely
  • Pyke - Idea growing on me, but unlikely
NEW COACHES
  • Kingsley or Gia - if we put some high class assistants around them, would be a very good choice...
With assistants going here, there and everywhere at the moment, wonder what's left?
Personally think Harvey is coming... Also really like the idea of placing an ex head coach as a Head of Football and senior assistant (Collingwood style)

Not really sure I get this thinking. Two inexperienced head coaches with high class assistants would be a very good choice, but a former head coach, with a long apprenticeship as an assistant in various roles, a former Brownlow medalist and three time premiership player and captain seeking a second chance as a head coach is a bad choice? Even with high class assistants? :think: :think: :think: :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back