• Hardwick

• Schofield

• Buckley

• Montgomery

• Other

• Carr

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast on the Hunt for the best available coach, Tassie will be doing the same, Bulldogs might also be looking. Meanwhile at Port, crickets.
The one thing that has ever left Hinkley's mouth that may ring true for our pathetic club - You get what you deserve and I think our failure to act will get Koch and the rest of the losers exactly what they deserve.
Unfortunately the passionate loyal fans will be the losers
**** this club.

Last edited:
The lack of love for Carr here is deluded:

1. What we need more than anything is a change in attitude. We need a hard nut, competitive coach. Josh ticks that box.

2. The idea Josh is tainted by Ken is the delusional bit. As assistant, it’s his job to toe the line. He can’t come out in a presser and say “Ken’s not tough enough”, “Ken made a wrong call” etc. Josh was and is a team first person. But the view that Josh won’t do things differently
  • has no evidentiary basis
  • defies logic that he would not try and change things after a failed coach
  • forgets that above all Josh is a winner and leader- 10/10 Showdown record, that all important first goal in a premiership, a premiership as a coach with basket case North Adelaide playing young guys

3. He knows the players and has an existing relationship with them putting him well ahead of the alternatives. Because we are in a premiership window, that’s important.

4. He knows and loves Port- he has come back twice. He could’ve had the Richmond job.

West Coast on the Hunt for the best available coach, Tassie will be doing the same, Bulldogs might also be looking. Meanwhile at Port, crickets.
The one thing that has ever left Hinkley's mouth that may ring true for our pathetic club - You get what you deserve and I think our failure to act will get Koch and the rest of the the losers exactly what they deserve.
Unfortunately the passionate loyal fans will be the losers
**** this club.

The Bulldogs getting into the market would make Josh Carr hot property I suspect.

I'm sure that West Coast is a one horse race if Cox wants it. Not the case with the Dogs.

1. What we need more than anything is a change in attitude. We need a hard nut, competitive coach. Josh ticks that box.

2. The idea Josh is tainted by Ken is the delusional bit. As assistant, it’s his job to toe the line. He can’t come out in a presser and say “Ken’s not tough enough”, “Ken made a wrong call” etc. Josh was and is a team first person. But the view that Josh won’t do things differently
  • forgets that above all Josh is a winner and leader- 10/10 Showdown record, that all important first goal in a premiership, a premiership as a coach with basket case North Adelaide playing young guys

3. He knows the players and has an existing relationship with them putting him well ahead of the alternatives. Because we are in a premiership window, that’s important.

4. He knows and loves Port- he has come back twice. He could’ve had the Richmond job.
You may be right but Ken wants the job, the media want Ken in the job. Koch would like to make Ken a 20 year coach.
Ken will decide when he leaves because his priorities are Hinkley first, the club and it's supporters don't matter, he will leave a very rich man and leave a little poor club.

The Bulldogs getting into the market would make Josh Carr hot property I suspect.

I'm sure that West Coast is a one horse race if Cox wants it. Not the case with the Dogs.
Other clubs are proactive and Port as usual waiting for the inevitable, then Ken can disappear over the summer with no explanations for our poor year, why, because he is contracted.
Pathetic.

Last edited:

I think its more that we all hope you're spot on, but the fear is that he's been around losers too long.

I hope you're right and will be behind Carr 100% if that's the call made.

I like Carr and hope he succeeds if/when given the keys. The fear is will the players respond, do they need a new voice? Hopefully he whips them into shape and they forget to only play for their coach when under external pressure, and play for the jumper/fans week in week out.

I like Carr and hope he succeeds if/when given the keys. The fear is will the players respond, do they need a new voice? Hopefully he whips them into shape and they forget to only play for their coach when under external pressure, and play for the jumper/fans week in week out.
I also want them to play for themselves, because they want to win and have pride in their performances.

There’s so many assistants for 1-3 spots a year.

I’m sure West Coast, Dogs and Tassie in the search won’t impact us overly.
Have a look names currently fliated
Cox
Graham
Carr
Rhaily?
Leppitsh

To name a few

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with points 2 and 4.

With point 1, just because you were a hard nut player doesn't mean you will be as coach. The same goes for Buckley. If you've listened to Buckley at all since he's been in the media you will know that he has regrets over being too much of a "hard nut" in the early days of his coaching. None of this is a negative. It's horses for courses.

Point 3, depending on the relationship, isn't necessarily a positive. He has existing views on the players under Ken. They also have existing view on him, as an assistant. These may not bear much bearing with a different dynamic. I'd argue it's as likely to be a negative as a positive. A new coach doesn't bring any baggage and requires the players prove themselves. However, this is often the sugar hit and doesn't solve long term issues. I think it 'could' be a positive depending on what the current issues actually are.

Agree with points 2 and 4.

With point 1, just because you were a hard nut player doesn't mean you will be as coach. The same goes for Buckley. If you've listened to Buckley at all since he's been in the media you will know that he has regrets over being too much of a "hard nut" in the early days of his coaching. None of this is a negative. It's horses for courses.

Point 3, depending on the relationship, isn't necessarily a positive. He has existing views on the players under Ken. They also have existing view on him, as an assistant. These may not bear much bearing with a different dynamic. I'd argue it's as likely to be a negative as a positive. A new coach doesn't bring any baggage and requires the players prove themselves. However, this is often the sugar hit and doesn't solve long term issues. I think it 'could' be a positive depending on what the current issues actually are.
My preference would be Buckley in our situation for many reasons.

1. Coaching the biggest club in Australia.
2. Answering to the biggest supporter base in the country.
3. Having to deal with a very vocal Eddie and Malthouse would take some doing.
4. A decade of experience under the scrutiny of the Victorian media.
5. To come back to the club where it all started where standards were high and demanded, also full well knowing supporter expectation.
6. He got Collingwood within a kick of a Premiership, so he knows how to win finals.

Just my opinion, I'm sure many would argue against.

PS: He hasn't had anything to do with Hinkley, huge bonus.

Last edited:
There’s so many assistants for 1-3 spots a year.

I’m sure West Coast, Dogs and Tassie in the search won’t impact us overly.
Have a look names currently fliated
Cox
Graham
Carr
Rhaily?
Leppitsh

To name a few

It is funny, the Dogs aren't even looking and Tassie don't exist.

Port are contending for a top 4 spot with a contracted coach and people think we should be openly looking for a new coach.

And journos are reporting that no assistant would interview for the Port job because they think Josh Carr has it in the bag.

Honestly it's getting like a full moon here.

I doubt that Josh Carr is a serious candidate for West Coast.

It is funny, the Dogs aren't even looking and Tassie don't exist.

Port are contending for a top 4 spot with a contracted coach and people think we should be openly looking for a new coach.

And journos are reporting that no assistant would interview for the Port job because they thing Josh Carr has it in the bag.

Honestly it's getting like a full moon here.
That's what over a decade of Hinkley will do to you, then factor in Koch.

I have been supporting this club for more decades than Ken and when the club allows it's supporter base to be called fickle and unreasonable for wanting change, i get angered to my core.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Our Next Coach

Back