Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Head Coach - Chadbro "The Dudebro" Cornesbro
Senior Assistant - Tyson "Touch my" Goldsack
Forwards Coach - Matthew "Interesting" Lobbe
Midfield Coach - Hamish "Tank" Hartlett
Defence Coach - Jordan "Data" Hinkley
Ruck Coach - Jed "The Cheese" McEntee
Development Coach - Some guy from Country Victoria you've never heard of.
SANFL Coach - Cam "Who?" Sutcliffe

Works for me.

Surely Cam "the terrorizer" Sutcliffe

The main thing we need is a new senior coach.

He doesn't have to come out and directly shit-talk Hinkley but not maintaining the "it's a tough competition"-type messaging is not difficult.

The players have underperformed regularly under him. A preexisting relationship can also be seen as a negative.

He could have had the Port job last year. If he is as much of a "hard-nut" and "winner and leader" (I'm reading ruthless from this), he would have knifed Hinkley early in the season when he was under pressure or forced the club's hand after our straight sets finals exit. The reports were that the family wanted to return to Adelaide mainly because it is where his wife's family reside. That he didn't go for the Richmond job is a further indictment that he is comfortable having a job at Port with the possibility for a public service-style promotion once he's served his time and the incumbent leaves.

Happy to be proven wrong but if he was ambitious, ruthless and above all dedicated to the success of PAFC he would have already thrown Hinkley out of the plane.

Edit: lol these Hinkley comments about being happy for Carr to piss off to coach a current basket case should have him seething.
Ha! This isn’t the Roman Forum on the ides of March 24BC. Even Tiberius had Brutus on side before they stabbed Caesar. Carr would have to get David’s Koch out of Kenny’s mouth before Kenny could say, “Et tu, Koch.”

The idea that a back stabbing would’ve worked at Port Adelaide in 2023 is, as I say, delusional.

I don't know how anyone can categorically say assistant coach X is going to be a better senior coach than assistant coach Y when neither X or Y have been senior coaches before. People within the industry would have a fair idea but i don't really understand how supporters rank assistant coaches.
Well Carr has taken North Adelaide to a flag- something no one else has done since Mick Nunan. And he did it playing kids.

No one can be categoric but opinions can be evidence based.

I don't know how anyone can categorically say assistant coach X is going to be a better senior coach than assistant coach Y when neither X or Y have been senior coaches before. People within the industry would have a fair idea but i don't really understand how supporters rank assistant coaches.

Equally, this also applies to the “who ya gonna get” crowd. There are always hungry, talented assistants out there, we just have no reliable way of knowing who they are. Doesn’t mean you should hold onto a proven loser

Equally, this also applies to the “who ya gonna get” crowd. There are always hungry, talented assistants out there, we just have no reliable way of knowing who they are. Doesn’t mean you should hold onto a proven loser
I wasn't talking about Hinkley.

Well Carr has taken North Adelaide to a flag- something no one else has done since Mick Nunan. And he did it playing kids.

No one can be categoric but opinions can be evidence based.
I was more in reference to some comments that Dean Cox would be substantially better than Carr.

Good point about the North flag.

I was more in reference to some comments that Dean Cox would be substantially better than Carr.

Good point about the North flag.
How would anybody know that. Dew served a similar apprenticeship as Cox. Very similar background, multi premiership player in a very successful team under best coach of the generation Malthouse/Clarkson. Both assistants to Longmire in a successful team.

Who is to say that Cox will be more successful than Carr.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not since the 1992 Olympics has there been such a Dream Team assembled.

Remeber when Port sacked Russell Ebert after finishing third, I don’t - to young. But have heard my father talk about how ruthless Port were in their quest to be the best.

I love the business model of a stable environment, but what stability focused teams have ever historically been the best? Ruthless places force people to be uncomfortable and improve week on week. We have become comfortable and fat.

Be stable and calculated in the board room, we always were. But get back to the ruthless Port Adelaide who didn’t accept just missing out as good enough, speak like a winner to be a winner. We live for these big games, this is where the best players stand up and put the competition on notice, this is where respect is won and lost. Remeber those first few years of Ken and the “Leaders need to stand up in big games” or something similar, Boak, Ebert, Trengrove, Gray all found something more when required. We turned to puss when the comments started to ramp up “They are a good team” “Someone had to lose” “it’s an even comp by design, who are we to try and buck that trend?”

Whoever the next coach is, needs to be unapologetic and authentic in their pursuit to be the best club in the competition. “Port Adelaide, We exist to win Premierships” “Allan Scott, you were wrong” take the criticism on board and let it drive you for 12 months and when the time is right throw it back at them, don’t beat the dogship St Kilda by 2 points and ball your emotions out on the sidelines in July…
Yep they gave Russell the big SARS after not making a GF.
The Port way was you win the flag or your a loser no matter if you was runner up or dead last.
Playing finals or making the GF was nothing unless you won the flag.
Didn’t matter who you was or like Russell what you had achieved, you lose your out.

Now that was in the old days and Port playing in grand finals was always on the cards.
You’ll never see that sort of ruthless ways again but we need to have higher expectations and act accordingly if those levels are not achieved.
First thing is we need a Brian Cook type running the club not a morning talk show host.
You change that and you’ll get real change.

No coach or assistant should be at the club for more then 5 years without premiership success.

The club should be constantly changing ideas and have new people with fresh expectations and especially hunger
In an 18 team comp this feels harsh to me.

I think the rule of 7 is a good one. In extreme circumstances you can consider 8 or 9, and if they're coming off a close grand final maybe... maybe a 10th.

Anything more than 10 is absurd and disrespectful to the fan base.

Yep they gave Russell the big SARS after not making a GF.
The Port way was you win the flag or your a loser no matter if you was runner up or dead last.
Playing finals or making the GF was nothing unless you won the flag.
Didn’t matter who you was or like Russell what you had achieved, you lose your out.

Now that was in the old days and Port playing in grand finals was always on the cards.
You’ll never see that sort of ruthless ways again but we need to have higher expectations and act accordingly if those levels are not achieved.
First thing is we need a Brian Cook type running the club not a morning talk show host.
You change that and you’ll get real change.
I’m not wanting to play Grand Finals year in year out, I want a coach who talks with ambition, you can hear and see the standards he expects his players and club live up to, I want a coach to represent and appreciate Port Adelaide and its rich history, I want a coach who doesn’t shirk expectations of being the very best each day.

I agree this starts at the VERY top, however Koch has it in him to be THAT bloke, if he surrounds himself with THESE types of individuals. It doesn’t have to be Football people, but people who understand what it takes to build a culture of elite standards in a high performance entertainment industry. We are to Woke, those that want to succeed won’t be offended and those that are offended won’t want to be here, and that’s ok!

No coach or assistant should be at the club for more then 5 years without premiership success.

The club should be constantly changing ideas and have new people with fresh expectations and especially hunger
You can’t put a time line on it, so long as you can see growth and development year in year out. If they are stale and turned the list over twice already and still playing the same game style with different names on the team sheet, as we were in 2019 or whenever that extension was handed out, it’s time to move on.

You can’t put a time line on it, so long as you can see growth and development year in year out. If they are stale and turned the list over twice already and still playing the same game style with different names on the team sheet, as we were in 2019 or whenever that extension was handed out, it’s time to move on.
You cant grow and develop for 12 seasons without winning a flag.

Coach Our Next Coach

Back