• Hardwick

• Schofield

• Buckley

• Montgomery

• Other

• Carr

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe that Carr intends to make changes - both to the on field team and the off field team. He is his own man with his own ideas and I think we will see a significant shift very quickly.
Would need to completely overhaul the flawed and unsustainable game plan of the past decade+ for starters.

Develop a playbook strategy that the best teams can't defuse with ease, including alternate plans B, C and D - to be implemented in emergencies.

Position players, and assign them team roles, where their strengths are best utilised for the benefit of the side.

Would need to completely overhaul the flawed and unsustainable game plan of the past decade+ for starters.

Develop a playbook strategy that the best teams can't defuse with ease, including alternate plans B, C and D - to be implemented in emergencies.

Position players, and assign them team roles, where their strengths are best utilised for the benefit of the side.

The only coach other than our illustrious leader who still uses the high press is Ross Lyon. And isn't he doing well?

Carr will change the game plan to something modern and reinvigorate the list to have the players who fit the new approach.

Carr is a big fan of what Fremantle and Justin Longmuir are doing so expect to see something along those lines.

If Carr wants to coach Port next year, does he announce an interest towards a senior gig anywhere, and if so does our club want him bad enough to not risk losing him, thus flicking Hinkley?
Two issues; Firstly if he gets the job but doesn’t really want it what damage does that do to his brand?
Secondly if he is unsuccessful, does that push his takeover back another 5 years?

The only coach other than our illustrious leader who still uses the high press is Ross Lyon. And isn't he doing well?

Carr will change the game plan to something modern and reinvigorate the list to have the players who fit the new approach.

The best bit is Carr won't be Hinkley.

Both Michael Voss and Matthew Nicks have been anything but Hinkley clones since taking on senior coaching roles at other clubs. Carlton, and I hate to say it, Adelaide are better to watch than our shit game plan. Hopefully Josh Carr will do his own thing, if he gets the job.

David Koch will probably conduct some exhaustive nation wide search for a new Coach and come up with- you guessed it Josh Carr.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There must be a reason why ...

Yes, one would think so. Josh Carr also knocked back applying for the Richmond job last year so he is either in love with the Adelaide water or there is a plan of sorts. The plot thickens.

It is just like David Koch to have a succession plan worked out then keep the supporters in the dark by flatly denying it when asked.

Koch doesn't belong in that discussion. His major failing has been putting too much trust in CD and by extension Hinkley. Once they're gone Koch isn't an issue.

i guess if someone removes his voicebox he'll become somewhat tolerable...? but hasn't what he's already said and done been enough for a lifetime? "10 year coach" "20 year coach" (yes he said this one) "everyones second favorite team" "managing expectations" "little battler club" i don't know if i can stomach more of that

And that's how it would be at any organisation. You can give your advice to the head of the food chain but they make the final decision.

If anyone thinks that is a criticism of Hinkley, then they've run off the rails. There's plenty to criticise, but being the final decision maker isn't one of them.
Whilst true, a leader should have smarter people than him/her around him. So if your assistant has a strong argument to a strategic call, I’d take it on board. Maybe like Drew starting the 2021 prelim on Libber, but what do I know, Jarred’s chuckle was the interest part of his commentary to suggests he didn’t like it.

Whilst true, a leader should have smarter people than him/her around him. So if your assistant has a strong argument to a strategic call, I’d take it on board. Maybe like Drew starting the 2021 prelim on Libber, but what do I know, Jarred’s chuckle was the interest part of his commentary to suggests he didn’t like it.
When its Hinkley you have smarter people in the crowd. The whole issue with him is he doesn't listen to anyone and thinks he's got all the answers. The Camperdown Oracle.

I can only answer this by saying there's no definitive metric he has to hit (or not hit) in order to be coach next year. I will provide more clarification at a later date once he's gone.

There's so clause of this type. They're just now in a position financially where they have the resources to absorb Ken's 2025 salary on the books if they sacked him.

Koch has nothing to do with this though. He is letting the footy committee sort this out.

the footy committee .........

1721631447213.png

The Dominoes are lining up

mattress dominoes GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Our Next Coach

Back