• Schofield

• Buckley

• Montgomery

• Other

• Carr

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

prayer GIF

If WCE are dumb enough to get Ken... could we see Schofield return?
I mean I can't see him hanging around West Coast in that case but I reckon he'd have done bad blood with Davies too. But hey, maybe all our dreams will come true and both the bald flogs will go

Schoey back in any role would be so good
Taking over CD’s role? It’s said that’s what he excelled in at Subiaco, took on the whole footy department from the 16’s to the Seniors, changed the culture at the club.

Would love him to come in and have a finger on our NGA’s and Father Son prospects, our Reserves and our Senior Coaches. Apparently his intell helped us land Georgiadies, so he can spot talent and work with kids.

I would even be happy to sign Taj as a SANFL player again and give him an analyst/IT role as we have already done with someone else.

Taking over CD’s role? It’s said that’s what he excelled in at Subiaco, took on the whole footy department from the 16’s to the Seniors, changed the culture at the club.

Would love him to come in and have a finger on our NGA’s and Father Son prospects, our Reserves and our Senior Coaches. Apparently his intell helped us land Georgiadies, so he can spot talent and work with kids.

I would even be happy to sign Taj as a SANFL player again and give him an analyst/IT role as we have already done with someone else.

I’m not sure what role you think CD does but he’s more administrator than talent spotter or hands on with players or any of these other things you’ve decided Schoey is great at doing beyond the one thing he is currently doing that has the greatest direct impact on players.

I still think the first hole to fix is CEO. If it was me forced to make a call right now I’d be tapping someone on the shoulder currently working as a CEO in Motorsport in QLD (David Noble). I actually think he’d be better in CDs role and CD better in the CEO type role but am not sure that’s a role he would want again but it strengthens the footy pedigree of your off field group.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not sure what role you think CD does but he’s more administrator than talent spotter or hands on with players or any of these other things you’ve decided Schoey is great at doing beyond the one thing he is currently doing that has the greatest direct impact on players.

I still think the first hole to fix is CEO. If it was me forced to make a call right now I’d be tapping someone on the shoulder currently working as a CEO in Motorsport in QLD (David Noble). I actually think he’d be better in CDs role and CD better in the CEO type role but am not sure that’s a role he would want again but it strengthens the footy pedigree of your off field group.
General Manager of Football operations?

I’m saying Schofield with his impact on Subi across the entire football department, managing and educating Coaches across many different platforms and driving a culture that ultimately produced sustained successful out comes for their football club on field, may be well suited to a similar role.

Which is what I suspect General Manager of Football operations would be delivering. Maybe Memberships and Social Media may fall under Football GM role, but I am sure a few Shirtless pics of the man himself would deliver the females in spades.

General Manager of Football operations?

I’m saying Schofield with his impact on Subi across the entire football department, managing and educating Coaches across many different platforms and driving a culture that ultimately produced sustained successful out comes for their football club on field, may be well suited to a similar role.

Which is what I suspect General Manager of Football operations would be delivering. Maybe Memberships and Social Media may fall under Football GM role, but I am sure a few Shirtless pics of the man himself would deliver the females in spades.

Not to denigrate Schoey's achievements at Subi in any way, but he surfed a wave of advantage perfectly - it had long been a bone of contention in WAFL circles that Subi got a huge leg-up from their tenure at Subiaco Oval and then the deal when they vacated there. Despite salary caps and recruiting points systems they still managed to attract the cream of recruits, although no doubt success bred some of that attraction. Around Schoey's golden run the other teams to dominate in the WAFL were those that had an alignment with the AFL teams - to an extent where their player restrictions had to be beefed up.

Not to denigrate Schoey's achievements at Subi in any way, but he surfed a wave of advantage perfectly - it had long been a bone of contention in WAFL circles that Subi got a huge leg-up from their tenure at Subiaco Oval and then the deal when they vacated there. Despite salary caps and recruiting points systems they still managed to attract the cream of recruits, although no doubt success bred some of that attraction. Around Schoey's golden run the other teams to dominate in the WAFL were those that had an alignment with the AFL teams - to an extent where their player restrictions had to be beefed up.
Yep there was a time that Subi was basically unbeatable for some years.
They made the Grand Final 7 years in a row and won 5.
It was who’s playing Subiaco in the GF this year.

Yep there was a time that Subi was basically unbeatable for some years.
They made the Grand Final 7 years in a row and won 5.
It was who’s playing Subiaco in the GF this year.

Yeah, the no name bloke who took over when Schoey went to Port won another one or two flags. I doubt Jarrad would have had quite the same success at another WAFL club.

As I've said, I'm hoping Buckley. It would be a full circle moment for him to come back to the club that gave him a step up.

But I know that in life, the only thing you can expect is disappointment - they'll extend Hinkley for another 5 years just to alienate the fans.

As I've said, I'm hoping Buckley. It would be a full circle moment for him to come back to the club that gave him a step up.

But I know that in life, the only thing you can expect is disappointment - they'll extend Hinkley for another 5 years just to alienate the fans.
I just can’t see Buckley leaving Victoria, I also can’t see any big name coach coming to SA.
There is only two options, either Carr or some no name assistant.
That’s how it is.

This perception in the media that Carr walks straight into the role doesn't sit that well for me.

He may well be the best candidate but why would we lock ourselves into one option when we don't know all the available options.

It's either media BS or poor foresight by club management. I think it's the former.

This perception in the media that Carr walks straight into the role doesn't sit that well for me.

He may well be the best candidate but why would we lock ourselves into one option when we don't know all the available options.

It's either media BS or poor foresight by club management. I think it's the former.
1721861836310.png

It's not

I'm actually ok with the concept of a succession plan for Carr to take over once Hinkley is gone.

It just should have been implemented this year though. Send Ken on his way at the end of 23 season, start 24 with a new coach and a fresh game plan. Would have been a great way to embark on the next flag campaign.

Like most gamblers though, Ken and Davies had deluded themselves that they were "due for a win", so wanted one last roll of the dice and managed to convince Koch to give them that opportunity.

The dice didn't land as they wanted so they both (Ken and CD) need to go.

I'm actually ok with the concept of a succession plan for Carr to take over once Hinkley is gone.

It just should have been implemented this year though. Send Ken on his way at the end of 23 season, start 24 with a new coach and a fresh game plan. Would have been a great way to embark on the next flag campaign.

Like most gamblers though, Ken and Davies had deluded themselves that they were "due for a win", so wanted one last roll of the dice and managed to convince Koch to give them that opportunity.

The dice didn't land as they wanted so they both (Ken and CD) need to go.
Which just shows that for them its not about Port having success, its about them having success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Our Next Coach

Back