• Hardwick

• Schofield

• Buckley

• Montgomery

• Other

• Carr

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

What are Ken's options if no club is asking the question?

1. He stays at Port and the club let him see out his contract. (The likely scenario going on the clubs track record).

2. He does the right thing and walks away. (Ha ha we all know the selfish prick wont do this).

3. Port tell him his time is up and pay him out his 2025 year. (This is possible now we are more financial but do they have the balls, I doubt it).

Last edited:

My feeling is that Bevo may get the boot when and if they are out of finals contention, then I could see Ken taking that job if he is approached by the Bullies.

I doubt that he would make the move to WC even if they asked him, unless he still had a strong desire to keep coaching and inflict misery on another clubs supporter base.

Imo he will not coach after leaving Port, he will probably head home a rich man and invest in some new greyhounds or something, he's not getting any younger.

'I am coaching Port': Power the focus as Hinkley dismisses Eagles talk​

"It's really clear about one thing: I am coaching Port Adelaide and I love coaching Port Adelaide and I have a contract to continue to coach Port Adelaide."

The 57-year-old, who has coached more games (266) than anyone else in V/AFL history without reaching a grand final, has also been under an intense spotlight around his position at the Power.

Hows this next bit lol, wtf is he talking about.

But he isn't frustrated by the constant noise.

"Not at all because I'm so used to it. Everyone is so used to it in the competition," Hinkley said.

"There has to be a story and there has to be someone that they talk about.

"I get it. There's a lot of other people that's been mentioned.

"Unfortunately I get mentioned lots of times on different things."

1. He stays at Port and the club let him see out his contract. (The likely scenario going on the clubs track record).

2. He does the right thing and walks away. (Ha ha we all know the selfish prick wont do this).

3. Port tell him his time is up and pay him out his 2025 year. (This is possible no we are more financial but do they have the balls, I doubt it).
Even though there has been intel to the contrary, I just assume numero uno to be true because the board has always taken the bland, easy option.

Even though there has been intel to the contrary, I just assume numero uno to be true because the board has always taken the bland, easy option.

If I didn't have the Intel direct from the source I'd be believing option 1 as well.

3. Port tell him his time is up and pay him out his 2025 year. (This is possible no we are more financial but do they have the balls, I doubt it).

#2 won't happen. The chance of #1 happening is less than 5%. Everyone at the Club knows it is time for a change.

If I didn't have the Intel direct from the source I'd be believing option 1 as well.
Sorry to sound like a doubting Thomas, I so hope your are spot on, it's just this club, we could have let him go previously but extended him.
It's just so hard to see the club sacking him. Unless he has another offer from another club then he can leave on his own terms.

"It's really clear about one thing: I am coaching Port Adelaide and I love coaching Port Adelaide and I have a contract to continue to coach Port Adelaide."

The 57-year-old, who has coached more games (266) than anyone else in V/AFL history without reaching a grand final, has also been under an intense spotlight around his position at the Power.

"Not at all because I'm so used to it. Everyone is so used to it in the competition," Hinkley said.

He is coaching Port.

Unfortunately we know.

He loves coaching Port.

On his salery who wouldn't?

He has a contract for next year.

We know and that's not his fault it's Koch's.

At no stage does Ken say he's not coaching West Coast next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would mean a massive off season like after the first season of Twin Peaks.

There would be a lot of players moving on like old players, gold pass players, poor form players, etc.
Also, a change in coaching staff. I hope a fair whack of the old band is back with a couple of high level assistants with a dynamic development coach.
A new gameplan being implemented which is not Hinkleyball so that is exciting in itself.
The Houston rumours allows Carr to get a couple of toys he needs.

We could do a fair whack of trading.
We have a fair whack of father, sons and Bennay the NGA coming in cheap as chips.

The old guard will be finally finished with Hinkley, Boak, Dixon the last to go. The new guys have the keys well and truly for themselves.

I just hope the word accountable is the buzz word for the new regime.

I'll say, Chewy - you're deserved of this years POTY award if this all comes to fruition in 6-8 weeks time.

We'd have to be the #1 watched board at this rate, regardless of outcome.

Yeah I have essentially put my reputation in this forum on the line for this, but im comfortable with that.

There's a lot I've been told which I haven't gone into for obvious reasons on here, but it is why I'm so confident. Once it all goes down I'll elaborate a bit further, but for now it is still a waiting game.

Around 6 weeks into the season I knew the final five games were going to be make or break. Now I would suggest the final 5 games will determine how soon things are going to break 😂

Without your intel and providing us with some hope that he's gone, I think I may have given up, thanks for your input.

Just hang in there a bit longer mate. A loss tonight brings it all the more closer.

I like the idea of a Buckley, the homecoming, etc. However my issue with him is that unlike Voss did under Hinkley, Buckley hasn't spent years honing his craft after stepping away.

You can't just step away and then step back in, thinking FIGJAM I've got this.

I don't care who coaches us, as long as they are the best candidate. Though I would prefer an external to really give us hope again. A Carr appointment has to come with a board apology for executing the wrong strategy.

I like the idea of a Buckley, the homecoming, etc. However my issue with him is that unlike Voss did under Hinkley, Buckley hasn't spent years honing his craft after stepping away.

I don't care who coaches us, as long as they are the best candidate. Though I would prefer an external to really give us hope again. A Carr appointment has to come with a board apology for executing the wrong strategy.
Buckley would be my first choice for reasons but if it's Carr I'm comfortable with that too.

Or at the very least a full ensemble of rated assistants and a clean out of the merry mediocre crew

It would mean a massive off season like after the first season of Twin Peaks.

There would be a lot of players moving on like old players, gold pass players, poor form players, etc.
Also, a change in coaching staff. I hope a fair whack of the old band is back with a couple of high level assistants with a dynamic development coach.
A new gameplan being implemented which is not Hinkleyball so that is exciting in itself.
The Houston rumours allows Carr to get a couple of toys he needs.

We could do a fair whack of trading.
We have a fair whack of father, sons and Bennay the NGA coming in cheap as chips.

The old guard will be finally finished with Hinkley, Boak, Dixon the last to go. The new guys have the keys well and truly for themselves.

I just hope the word accountable is the buzz word for the new regime.
The likes of Rozee, Butters, JHF will be fantastic to watch under a new coach and game style.

cause ya a shit coach idiot

I've made peace with the fact that Josh Carr will be coaching us next year, and have renewed confidence that he will be his own man, and bring with him the changes we need - on field, off field (within reason), and between the ears...

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Our Next Coach

Back