• Hardwick

• Schofield

• Buckley

• Montgomery

• Other

• Carr

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Koch has not been meddling in footy for a long time.

Cripps is going no where. He's arguably the best list manager in the game.

Davies will be gone soon enough.

Cassisi holds one position on an unpaid footy advisory committee. He is imo a dickhead, but he's also hardly the reason the Club are where they are right now with respect to the status of their footy program.

Davies - Ken and his Koch. All know time is up. It’s coming.

I see if Monty doesn't get the West Coast job, he's going to the Crows as an assistant as his family is in SA.

Why did we sack him again?

Do you think it is a coincidence that he is always moving on to a different club after just a few years throughout his coaching career?

Is it true that Monty has a hard time working with people because of his raspy attitude?

Season 3 Wonder GIF by The Simpsons

Is it true that Monty has a hard time working with people because of his raspy attitude?

There had been some murmrings about both of his Bulldogs exists, and aparently his Carlton exit, but who really knows. However these articles seem to be more about having issues with the head coach he works with (Ratten, McCarthy, Beveridge) rather than players, and his relationship with players was very good.

Let’s not be confrontational and at least agree that Wallace and Montgomery had the ear of the players.

It’s a fraction more awkward in Montgomery’s situation, because McCartney has been told the man he promoted to senior assistant coach might not have been in his corner all the way to the end.

It also seemed that Montgomery’s tenure as assistant coach at Carlton — before he joined the Bulldogs — ended with him and Blues coach Brett Ratten not exactly seeing eye to eye, which likely played a role in Montgomery’s departure.

However, the inner-sanctum mantra at Whitten Oval which dictates that you are either in or out became too strong for Beveridge and his team and saw the assistant encouraged to start looking elsewhere. It was not a good sign that he was not even given the chance to thank the club, after this most recent six-year stint, on its media statement.

Last edited:
Read that Brisbane are undefeated since appointing Stuart Dew as an assistant

What "next coach"?
After Saturday, Ken will begiven a 2 year extension.

Rumours of Ken being gone next season are fanciful - sadly :(:rolleyes:

The only chance of an extension is a grand final win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There had been some murmrings about both of his Bulldogs exists, and aparently his Carlton exit, but who really knows. However these articles seem to be more about having issues with the head coach he works with (Ratten, McCarthy, Beveridge) rather than players, and his relationship with players was very good.

I call bullshit honestly

1722897107923.png

We've lost two final series which subsequently he's had contract extensions. I understand the circumstances may be different this time, but I'm still not confident the club will end up doing the right thing.
They won't. Unless we miss finals from here (which we won't), he'll be here next year. I've flipped, may as well cross my fingers and hope for wins and the 1% chance of a flag rather than barracking for us to lose and then we just keep him anyway.

So you’re saying if Port make the Grand Final and lose Ken is gone?
That would be a first in AFL/VFL history.
I’m finding that scenario hard to believe.
He said extension, he will be here next year regardless.

Correct my thinking here (please, correct me). An extension isn't for 2025, but for 2026. He's contracted for 2025.

This is correct.

So you’re saying if Port make the Grand Final and lose Ken is gone?
That would be a first in AFL/VFL history.
I’m finding that scenario hard to believe.

I can't imagine them sacking him if they made a grand final.

This is correct.

I can't imagine them sacking him if they made a grand final.
I think the saints got rid of Alves one year after they lost the GF.
Can’t think of any other coaches that has made a GF and only lasted one more year.
You take the emotion out of it and it’s a close call either way.
Right now the odds are against him getting extended, lots would need to change for that to happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Our Next Coach

Back