Our Season Starts Now

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 7, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Are there other teams?
12 months ago, we were well placed and lost two finals. We could have lost the plot and fallen off.

We didn’t and were there again. The only difference between finishing 1st and 2nd is choice of shorts if we both make the GF.

But have we addressed our 2023 weaknesses?

Talk is cheap- in two weeks we find out.

12 months ago, we were well placed and lost two finals. We could have lost the plot and fallen off.

We didn’t and were there again. The only difference between finishing 1st and 2nd is choice of shorts if we both make the GF.

It's apparent that our list is fitter and healthier than last year. Our high pressure, 4 quarter game is pretty remarkable, especially at this time of year. Top 2, double chance, home finals.
Our only issue now is choking but I don't think Butters or JHF will allow that to happen.

Yeah I’m onboard. I have this feeling they won’t let 2020/21 happen again this time around. We’re playing with a different harder edge, finals like intensity. It’s great to see. We beat Geelong, I’d be confident we should make the big one from here. We’re due.

Well we still have the usual bozo in charge, so forgive me if I dont share everbody's enthusiasm.

Hopefully this year we delegate most tactical issues to the assistants, and let Ken be the conveyancer of messages and general motivational dude on the bench.

Here's hoping for a better September than the past 11 years.

Just keep the gritty edge, dustbin the stupid stodgy game plan, and let the blokes play with freedom.

Yeah, we've got some super form coming into finals.

Last year, we disappointed but we are a young team finding our way.

We are a pretty well coached team at the moment and efficient and hard and strongly run out four quarters.

All of the young bucks are a year older from last year and have tempered their swords and should have a real confidence in their team mates.

But yes, the season starts now.

Time to put it all on the line.

No excuses we can win it from here.

It’s our defensive side since the Carlton game that has turned and we are now hard to score against.

Focus in lads and make it happen!

Geelong shouldn't think they can win it
Ok I'll make the case for them...

First of all they're surrounded by non-Victorian clubs; a big advantage when the GF is played in Victoria. They also have steel, with many premiership players still going.

They have a first up QF against a team that's underperformed in finals series especially in big finals at their home ground for a decade. Win that and they probably get a prelim against Brisbane, who are nowhere near their best on the road, or Sydney who haven't exactly been impressive over the last month or two. Get through that and they're in a GF where they will likely either play a non-Victorian team or else a team that's had to play 4 games and is one week less fresh.

I don't have them as favourites, in fact I'd have them as 6th or 7th favourites, but you can't rule them out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our Season Starts Now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back