Our young blokes .... Have you spotted any weaknesses?

Remove this Banner Ad

Firstly may i say, i wish the the best of luck in striving to become a fat ****, reach for that star little man.

Now back on topic, now correct me if im wrong, but the initial discussion was focussed around weaknesses in their game, not their weaknesses over the last 1 or 2 years that have been brought around by extenuating circumstances. Beau's inability to find alot of the ball consistently at box hill level over the last 2 years has not been the result of a weakness in his game but rather a direct result of a double knee reconstruction, perhaps you need to be more specific with your wording in future. I dont know exactly what it is that you expect from someone coming off a double reco, but anyone with realistic expectations would not have expected a great deal from Beau until the beginning of the 08 season.

It is funny also that Dowler has shown relatively similar inconsistent form at box hill level over the course of the last year, apart from a very impressive 7 goal haul, and yet unlike Muston you are more than happy to throw your support behind him and expect him to play the majority of the season. Lets have a bit of consistency, either write the kids off that havent yet shown a great deal at box hill despite coming off major injuries, or throw your support behind both of them.

For the record bigmick, im generally a fan of your posts, not as big a fan as i am of Wilco's but a fan all the same, im afraid you have just missed the mark on this one.

point taken.... what my poorly made point should have been is that yes his ability to get the ball is directly caused by by a double reco (i know how that feels) he needs to get more of it to force his way into the side... none of these points was meant to be a critisim of the player... there great kids that are doing there best and i will cheer for them at the ground all day (infact i got thrown out of boxhill last year for punching a hawks supporter bagging them) but i like to take an impartial view to the science of footy.

in hindsight my comments were way too flipant and i should have gone into much greater detail. i stand by the concept of the thread which was a discussion about perceved weaknesses. just goes to show if you drink and post your a bloody idiot.

for the record.... Wilco is a balding, ugly, big issue selling, fat arse and our mother loved me much more.

point taken.... what my poorly made point should have been is that yes his ability to get the ball is directly caused by by a double reco (i know how that feels) he needs to get more of it to force his way into the side... none of these points was meant to be a critisim of the player... there great kids that are doing there best and i will cheer for them at the ground all day (infact i got thrown out of boxhill last year for punching a hawks supporter bagging them) but i like to take an impartial view to the science of footy.

my points in hindsight my comments were way too flipant and i should have gone into much greater detail. i stand by the concept of the thread which was a discustion about perceved weaknesses. just goes to show if you drink and post your a bloody idiot.

for the record.... Wilco is a balding, ugly, big issue selling, fat arse and our mother loved me much more.

Omg.. stop selling out your brother!

Don't you have to be handicapped to sell the big issue.. lol?

Injunction Time.

Leave me out of your stupidity. My name is not a spice for your latest recipe of ill informed tripe. I just want to exist quietly without being directly linked to your circus.

Mods, while I respect everyone's right to type without a clamp on their respective freedom of expression, can you please limit this fool's influence on this board. I am fearful of coming off like the freaking Gallagher brothers with ol Captain C**khead spouting off every second day, and me getting dragged behind the neon coloured idiot juggernaut.

Brother, No-one here cares for any of this. They just want the bloody season to start. Type what you want, just leave me out of it. I don't know, invent an imaginary friend. It worked for the thirty years you spent growing up.

Maybe you can call him Beau?

Of course they have weaknesses. Otherwise they wouldn't be playing at Box Hill.

This is the time to build every player up as if they had a future of multiple brownlows and multiple premierships though.

As long as people don't start telling me Jacobs and or Robbie Campbell can hold down full back, I can deal with the hype.

Of course they have weaknesses. Otherwise they wouldn't be playing at Box Hill.

This is the time to build every player up as if they had a future of multiple brownlows and multiple premierships though.

As long as people don't start telling me Jacobs and or Robbie Campbell can hold down full back, I can deal with the hype.[/quote]

Jacobs and Robbie can hold down full back.

There I have told you.

I don't believe though ;)

I didn't realise that being a bit subjective was an unforgiveable sin on this board. I love Hawthorn and being realistic doesn't make it any less so.

Of course they have weaknessess, and where's the harm in discussing them. There's only so much swooning that can be done over our list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

................Muston dosent actually get the ball

Out of all of them this is the only weakness that worries me. At BHH last year he often played deep in defence and did some tagging roles. It supports the theory that he does have a weakness and the club is trying to address it.

Out of all of them this is the only weakness that worries me. At BHH last year he often played deep in defence and did some tagging roles. It supports the theory that he does have a weakness and the club is trying to address it.

If the thread said about Muston words to the effect...At boxHill last year he was not a high possession winner despite the reputation he came with to the club, and he will need to pick that part of his game up ( as young was told he had to do late in the 2006 season ) if he is to be a senior player....I would have no difficulty with that discussion.

I would reply that one aspect of his game is that as a junior he did not have to worry about the defensive aspects. A stint in the backline is part of the education programme and has the added benefit that he does this whilst rediscovering his confidence in his knee and the confidence in moving laterally on his knee. It's rare indeed that a player comes back to play good footy in the first year back on the park after a reco, let alone a double reco.

The same applies to Dowler and his recovery. Also added to his problems is the fact the club admitted it did not realise he was such a reserved young fellow. They have taken steps to address that. Dowler also suffered from a very poor Box Hill side that was badly coached ( the coach himself had serious personal issues to work through and overcome ) and the ball carriers in the Box Hill side couls not hit the side of a barn from 20 meters. That does not help a forward and does nothing to build confidence. In the one game he played in the seniors in 2007 he could have had 5 majors if he had kicd better. Then everyone would be saying he was a star.

That to my way of thinking is a useful discussion. Whereas to just make a series of one line negative comments about a list of young players is a negative post intended to diminish to players named.

The wrap on Muston as a junior was that he did not know how to position himself (didn't have footy smarts). This was most likely because he was a late develoer who did not play a lot of footy at the elite junior level. The guy has heaps of talent and as long as he has the capacity to learn, he will develop the understanding of how to put himself into position to recieve the ball more.

I have only watched him in one game (the NAB cup game last season) and I was very excited about the way he was released into space by a hawks player (craw?), put the foot down and kicked a stunning super goal.

For training watchers, how does Muston go in endurance and speed drills - does he appear fast? Did he finish with the other midfield types in the time trials?

For Box hill watchers, how does he go in contests for the ball with other players? The wrap on him as a junior was he was very good but I would like to know if this is still the case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our young blokes .... Have you spotted any weaknesses?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back