Ovens and King Football League 2006-2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May not be the best one on one against the big forwards, but certainly the best at what he does - reads the play, makes early judgements and attacks the ball. He was beaten by Moore, but that was simply because of moore's ability to lay a late nudge. You can't say he didn't have an opponent on Sat, apart from the 15min Daws was off the ground. If he was running around loose all day, why couldn't Tarra hit Daws or Bell in the pocket, as they would surely have been loose as well. Pell's ability to judge the flight early and run off his opponent makes it appear as if he doesn't have an opponent a lot of the time. Having seen a lot of different sides this year, I would rate Pell the most damaging defender in the comp. Cross between Brian Lake's marking and Matt Scarlett's play making. Any other side would love him.

Did Bell play :p:p To be honest i wouldn't kick it to Bell even if my Great Great Gandma was on him and she's in a wheel chair :D

At Moyhu we had our Saturday night: As expected J McGeehan won P Sullivan Runners up. Reserves was won by M Ananiaaaaaaa , followed by K Wilson. D Sheridan recieved life membership also.

It was good being a neutral viewer of the game and standing between supporters from both clubs....Tarra supporters have become accustomed to winning (regardless)and the milawa mob believed it was their right to win, made for some interesting bi play and comments.....and scuffles.

2 best quotes during the arvo that I heard were (1) You have to watch that umpire in the orange ????? and (2) it was suggested to one of the umpires that he was favouring one side and as such should have umpired the previous game where his former club participated.

There were plenty of inconsistencies but they went both ways.

Overall thought the game was pretty scrappy all day. Dawes made the diff after coming back on on the last qtr, Tarra started getting the ball out of the middle. Pelly was fantastic at chb all day and should have got BOG ( I left before the announcement was made and don't know who got it).
Just wonder though why Bell would have started in the ruck and Dawes across hf, don't reckon that worked cuase Milawa were getting first use.

Tarra's delivery into the forward line wasn't that flash and made it very hard for Okeefe and Sessho to get their hands on it....Reckon Sessho looked uncomfortable all day. As for that miss well, you would back him 100% of the time, bread and butter goals. Sharp busted his gut to get the ball to him and was laying on the ground pumping his arms when sessho marked it.

Thought when Simms went down at 1/4 time that would be the end of Milawa.
Don't know if he got a prem medallion or an Oscar after the game but the big no. 53 milked a fair few. Thought Milawa's on ballers probably won the duel most of the day..

Over all the closeness was what everyone expected.
Very good review slim. Although the result didn't go our way, it would have been an excellent game to watch (especially in the last qtr). Full credit goes to Milawa, they played better for most of the day and deserved to win. Sims wouldn't have been the only one nominated for an Oscar though, Leigh Netwon staged a well timed fall at a crucial moment of the match. I'm definately not saying it would have altered the result, but it was a joke that we were one man down after that incident.

Very good review slim. Although the result didn't go our way, it would have been an excellent game to watch (especially in the last qtr). Full credit goes to Milawa, they played better for most of the day and deserved to win. Sims wouldn't have been the only one nominated for an Oscar though, Leigh Netwon staged a well timed fall at a crucial moment of the match. I'm definately not saying it would have altered the result, but it was a joke that we were one man down after that incident.

Think you might find he was actually referring to Newton, not Sims, BK. And probably more so for a few frees he was awarded inside 50m. Couldn't tell from where i was how much was in the incident you are referring to, but Daws' reaction suggested there wasn't too much in it. So did Daws front the tribunal? Any action taken?

Think you might find he was actually referring to Newton, not Sims, BK. And probably more so for a few frees he was awarded inside 50m. Couldn't tell from where i was how much was in the incident you are referring to, but Daws' reaction suggested there wasn't too much in it. So did Daws front the tribunal? Any action taken?
Whoops, yeah seems I skimmed through the post too quick :eek:
He got offered a week but didn't accept it. Tribunal is sometime this week I think.

[/b]

Virge do Moyhu go up this week after that umpire incident against Bright ???
I havnt heard a thing about it Slim , im not sure what the go is but it was good to the fourth ump doing his thing in the GF hopefully we havnt lost him totaly as that would be a shame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice whole page in The Chronicle today showing all the Best & Fairests in football & netball for each club. Very professional & great way for supporters of teams who can't make vote counts to know who there best players for the season were! Good job!

Will there be articles for each club stating the details or this be it? Is always nice to know details & goings on!

i think bright will shape up pretty good next year!! top 3 easy!!!!!!:)

Will this change with Sharpy's resignation. I know our guys rated him pretty highly both as a player and an on field leader. Will they go all out for another coach if they stay in the O&K or bring one on from within.

Will this change with Sharpy's resignation. I know our guys rated him pretty highly both as a player and an on field leader. Will they go all out for another coach if they stay in the O&K or bring one on from within.

Slim Heard that a couple of your blokes will be playing for tatong next year?? I know its only early but apparently there names are going to be mentioned at the meeting coming up to show that people will play for them can you elaborate on this? fact or fiction?

Slim Heard that a couple of your blokes will be playing for tatong next year?? I know its only early but apparently there names are going to be mentioned at the meeting coming up to show that people will play for them can you elaborate on this? fact or fiction?

No idea mate. As usual we'll just have to see who runs out where in Rd 1

After talking to a bloke heavily involved at tatong, it sounds like they have presented to the league very well in terms of what structures they have in place, expected revenue/sponsorship and a 5 year plan. Appointed a coach from Tarra, and have 8 OK senior players ready for next year. sorry boys dont know any names. will be interested to see who come feb/march on the clearance pages.

After talking to a bloke heavily involved at tatong, it sounds like they have presented to the league very well in terms of what structures they have in place, expected revenue/sponsorship and a 5 year plan. Appointed a coach from Tarra, and have 8 OK senior players ready for next year. sorry boys dont know any names. will be interested to see who come feb/march on the clearance pages.
That's good news for Tatong. The Tarra bloke that will be coaching is Pige's old man, Steve James - he was in charge of our rotations this year and coached reserves a few years back. Will be interesting to see where these 8 O&K players come from. Do you know if most of the Tatong boys from this year plan on sticking around?

Virge, Heard a few rumblings going around that Mouse Wohlers wont be coaching Moyhu next year. Would I be correct there? Have heard a few names being thrown around but is hard to know what to and not believe.
Anything you can throw on all this?

That's good news for Tatong. The Tarra bloke that will be coaching is Pige's old man, Steve James - he was in charge of our rotations this year and coached reserves a few years back. Will be interesting to see where these 8 O&K players come from. Do you know if most of the Tatong boys from this year plan on sticking around?

Know for a fact he was offering a couple big name Tarra players BK

Virge, Heard a few rumblings going around that Mouse Wohlers wont be coaching Moyhu next year. Would I be correct there? Have heard a few names being thrown around but is hard to know what to and not believe.
Anything you can throw on all this?

I was chatting to Mouse in the street last week, told me he was going around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back