Ovens and King Football League 2006-2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just shits and giggles prong. There will always be personality clashes when you get a large number of people together, somthing you wont have to worrie about this year.

was anyone brave/stupid enough to go to the Benalla night series yesterday? was told Greta played undera and skills were pretty good in the s*it conditions. dont know of any other results

was anyone brave/stupid enough to go to the Benalla night series yesterday? was told Greta played undera and skills were pretty good in the s*it conditions. dont know of any other results

Gave it i miss trott as it was absolutley p-ssing down, i believe greta got done by 20 odd points though

Borrowed from another thread but it might entertain us for a couple of days....Have a go

Premiers: Milawa
R/up: Tarra
Top 6: Mil, Tarra, Moyhu, G/rowan, Greta,Benalla,
Baker Medallist:N/Gale or Vyner
Leading Goal kicker:Moorey
Biggest Headline: Dees defeated
Funniest headline: "Doon does it doggy style
Highest Spending Club: Milawa
Highest Paid Player: "Guns"
Biggest Disappointment:Bright
Wooden Spoon:
Swannie

Interesting slim. I don't think Bright will carry any expectations this year though.

I'll have a crack. Of course this is my biased opinion though...

Premiers: Tarra
R/up:
Milawa
Top 6:
Tarra, Milawa, Moyhu, Glenrowan, Whorouly, Greta (Benalla and Bonnie Doon to round out the 8)
Baker Medallist: Nightingale
Leading Goal kicker:
Dan McCullough
Biggest Headline:
xxxxx and xxxx Merge (xxxx = any two new clubs)
Funniest headline:
Milawa Lose A Game (just kidding Milawa supporters, calm down)
Highest Spending Club: Some club with too much money
Highest Paid Player:
Some spud that doesn't deserve it
Biggest Disappointment:
Too hard to pick one. I reckon the four new clubs joining is already a disappointment
Wooden Spoon:
The merged club

Your right trotta, conditions were terrible down there on sunday night! Still Not sure why I ventured down there for a look myself. Greta got done by around 5 goals I think when they called the game off in the last qtr due to the conditions. The skill level was not bad considering the amount of water around. Undera were a pretty impressive unit so Id say that the blues coach would be pretty happy considering the side looked to be made up of 10/12 seniors and the rest reserves and last years 3rds players.

R/up: anyone in the top 4
Top 8: Milawa, Tarra, Moyhu, Greta, Whorouly, Glenrowan, benalla, (Nth Wang/Bonnie Doon to round out the 8)
Baker Medallist:
Leading Goal kicker: Ohlin (tigers) Jeremy Wilson ( a smokey? and all cheap ones!!)
Biggest Headline: Moore promises to eat 1 meat pie for every goal he kicks against Tatong and Goorambat
Funniest headline: Moore forced to eat 23 pies after game v tatong
Highest Spending Club: Bonnie Doon
Highest Paid Player: Some spud that doesn't deserve it - agreed
Biggest Disappointment: bright drive all the way to Bonnie doon to forfeight reserves match
Wooden Spoon: Goorambat

R/up: Glenrowan
Top 6: Milawa, Glenrowan, Tarra, Bonnie Doon, Benalla, Bright
Baker Medallist: Chris Dunne
Leading Goal kicker: The Big Man from Moyhu
Biggest Headline: Tat & GBat told to merge or fold
Funniest headline:
Highest Paid Player: Karl Norman in a mid season move to Glenrowan
Biggest Disappointment:
Wooden Spoon: Tatong

just thinking to myself bout the problem that country footy has bout lack of numbers and i wana chuck this out there...
what if country football changed the rules so that only 16 players are on the field with 4 interchange (dropping the 2 wings).thats 20 players instead of 21 or 22. and with 16 players more chance of interchange being used more often. the twos do it a fair bit over the years and i woodnt hate the idea if they seriously thought bout it.its less ppl that the club need to find plus creates pressure on the boys on the park to perform!
what are your thoughts???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Premiers: Moyhu
R/up: Tarra
Top 6: Moyhu, Tarra, Milawa, Glenrowan, Whouroly, Bright
Baker Medallist: Scotty Vanderheyden/Someone from Bonnie Doon
Leading Goal kicker: The Fit Fat Man from Moyhu
Biggest Headline: Drawn Grandfinal
Funniest headline: Games cancelled due to rain
Highest Paid Player: Ohlin Glenrowan (Not all money)
Biggest Disappointment: Milawa
Wooden Spoon: Tatong

R/up: Glenrowan
Top 6: Milawa G/rowan tarra Moyhu Blacks Doon
Baker Medallist: tony Evans
Leading Goal kicker: Moore
Biggest Headline: Milawa broke
Funniest headline: Goorambat win a game
Highest Paid Player: someone from doon or milawa
Biggest Disappointment: Old b&d club folds
Wooden Spoon: Gbat

just thinking to myself bout the problem that country footy has bout lack of numbers and i wana chuck this out there...
what if country football changed the rules so that only 16 players are on the field with 4 interchange (dropping the 2 wings).thats 20 players instead of 21 or 22. and with 16 players more chance of interchange being used more often. the twos do it a fair bit over the years and i woodnt hate the idea if they seriously thought bout it.its less ppl that the club need to find plus creates pressure on the boys on the park to perform!

Upper Murray league have done just that for this season...16 aside with 3 interchange.....

Interesting to see you blokes have rated Doon pretty highly. They've had a lot of big wins but have a look at the standard of the opposition. I hear from over there that they believe they will finish top 3......Thoughts????

Interesting to see you blokes have rated Doon pretty highly. They've had a lot of big wins but have a look at the standard of the opposition. I hear from over there that they believe they will finish top 3......Thoughts????
Yeah I guess we don't hear much about them from over here slim. As you said, they obviously did very well in the B&D last year but I guess it's hard to compare since they were playing against sides that were struggling. I honestly hope they go OK, it'd be good if at least one of the new clubs is competitive. They'll be traveling alright if they can snag three wins in the opening five rounds (G/Bat, Whorouly, Greta, Nth Wang, All Blacks)

I don't rate this idea hop. Why should clubs that have decent numbers be disadvantaged? I approve it if only occurred in the twos (as it currently does in some cases), but it's the main game that brings people through the gates and I don't think having two less blokes on the field would create a better spectacle. I don't think crowd numbers would drop if this was put in place though.

My point is, if sides have under 40 blokes on their list, they should be focusing on putting 21 on the park for the big game. I think the current system works well for the seconds where each team needs to agree to 16 on the field - and I'm sure all clubs are cooperative in this situation.

Hearing reports about swanny,gbat and tatong whats in place for when you go to play them and they cant get a reserves team on the park???? iv heard these clubs are really struggling with the numbers to get a 2s side up! Going to be a lot of unhappy people especially having to pay ten bucks to get in to watch one game of football...

They are pretty optimistic about the upcoming season. There is a big step up from what they were playing previously but with the inclusion of some GV players from Mansfield and the Broady boys having played a higher level they should adjust ok. Having played O&K and watched a bit of the Doon over the past few seasons I think they'll be pushing for a finals spot. The ground is great and a massive improvement on what it was when it slopped dramatically one end, it has been widened and think you guys will enjoy playing on it. Depth will be the key, not much running around in the 2's but said again I don't think they've lost many and have included some new players. Got some class on ball and a good ruck division. Backline maybe vulnerable considering they really haven't had to do much work over the past few seasons.

They are pretty optimistic about the upcoming season. There is a big step up from what they were playing previously but with the inclusion of some GV players from Mansfield and the Broady boys having played a higher level they should adjust ok. Having played O&K and watched a bit of the Doon over the past few seasons I think they'll be pushing for a finals spot. The ground is great and a massive improvement on what it was when it slopped dramatically one end, it has been widened and think you guys will enjoy playing on it. Depth will be the key, not much running around in the 2's but said again I don't think they've lost many and have included some new players. Got some class on ball and a good ruck division. Backline maybe vulnerable considering they really haven't had to do much work over the past few seasons.

True Brighty, but these guys have been playing over there for 3 years?? now and having to step up a couple of gears when you're a couple of years older may be hard for them......As for the GV players from M/Field I'm told they were only average 2nds players (that's what I'm told so it may not be true), you may know a lot more about them

I think your right BrightBoy,and it would be unwise to underestimate the boys from Doon if your playing them in the early rounds. I think they might surprise a few teams in the early rounds. Tarra and Milawa and a few other sides have shown that the addition of a few good reserves/fringe senior players from the O&M or GV can really boost you to the top of the ladder. Have heard that they have a particularly good on baller who some havetipped to win the league medal already? Someone Dunne?? Anyone know anything about him?

I think your right BrightBoy,and it would be unwise to underestimate the boys from Doon if your playing them in the early rounds. I think they might surprise a few teams in the early rounds. Tarra and Milawa and a few other sides have shown that the addition of a few good reserves/fringe senior players from the O&M or GV can really boost you to the top of the ladder. Have heard that they have a particularly good on baller who some havetipped to win the league medal already? Someone Dunne?? Anyone know anything about him?

Chris Dunne. Drafted to North Melbourne in the late 90's but did a knee early on and then subsequently got delisted, moved onto Footscray but don't think played too many games. Was a class above in the B&D and will thrive in the improved O&K. Saved the blushes in 08 when he single handedly stole the flag from GBat. Good bloke to boot also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back