Ovens and King Football League 2006-2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im tipping all blacks to smash glenrowan this weekend!moosha glenrowan still should of flogged north wang i woulda thought..

GO don't under estimating the passion and emotion that goes with an Anzac day game....As I said last year was a bruising affair with only a few points in it. Even money bets all round I'd say...

Just after some thoughts/comment on the appointment of Gil Ould as inter league coach,personally I reckon it's great, and secondly the idea of an under 21 side as opposed to U17 or U18 side....

Are the selectors choosing a squad this year as opposed to clubs nominating players ??

Just after some thoughts/comment on the appointment of Gil Ould as inter league coach,personally I reckon it's great, and secondly the idea of an under 21 side as opposed to U17 or U18 side....

Are the selectors choosing a squad this year as opposed to clubs nominating players ??

the other league has insuffient quality numbers to compete in an under 17s/18s interleague so the agreement is under 21s. The selectors will choose players for both teams

I think Gil should be good but he's not going t see who the good players are in our league if he is watching the Maggies v Nth. Albury?????

would have thought they would go with a current coach, or someone at least involved in the league. Will Gil know anything about the newly recruited players, where they play, how they play etc? Or will we see the old firm, moore, Balf, Sully, Schutty picked because they are the only players he knows?

The guy has a proven coaching record but I think he may be out of touch with current players and form.

The under 21 side is a great idea I think and it should mean a pretty high standard of game with lots of players that will be involved having player 3 years of senior footy.

would have thought they would go with a current coach, or someone at least involved in the league. Will Gil know anything about the newly recruited players, where they play, how they play etc? Or will we see the old firm, moore, Balf, Sully, Schutty picked because they are the only players he knows?

The guy has a proven coaching record but I think he may be out of touch with current players and form.

The under 21 side is a great idea I think and it should mean a pretty high standard of game with lots of players that will be involved having player 3 years of senior footy.

Gil will have Hick and Mick Newton helping him select the side....

hey slim do you still buy that fish wrapper that go's by the name of the chronicle if so any comments on the article re allblacks and bright

Blacks cant buy a trick. the article didnt sound like there were two sides even playing! pretty disappointing, considering good sides like greta were well beaten at bright, very good effort by benalla and the chronicle gave them NOTHING

hey slim do you still buy that fish wrapper that go's by the name of the chronicle if so any comments on the article re allblacks and bright

Blacks cant buy a trick. the article didnt sound like there were two sides even playing! pretty disappointing, considering good sides like greta were well beaten at bright, very good effort by benalla and the chronicle gave them NOTHING

I religiously purchase the Chronicle three times a week to help keep Nonch in a job (and a fine one he does too)....From memory Nonch mentioned a couple of weeks ago that the "Cadet Journalist" lives (and plays footy) up that way so that being the case I'm prepared to cut the young bloke some slack if it was him who wrote the article. I'm sure his mentors will put him right.....
Won't you Nonch....:D:D:D

I religiously purchase the Chronicle three times a week to help keep Nonch in a job (and a fine one he does too)....From memory Nonch mentioned a couple of weeks ago that the "Cadet Journalist" lives (and plays footy) up that way so that being the case I'm prepared to cut the young bloke some slack if it was him who wrote the article. I'm sure his mentors will put him right.....
Does Benalla have a local rag Slim/Trotta? If so why aren't they reporting on your games?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does Benalla have a local rag Slim/Trotta? If so why aren't they reporting on your games?

Yeah the Benalla Ensign is the local paper - very ordinary coverage from their behalf. All the material is supplied by club, they do sweet FA. Bruce from Benalla ONLINE has put in the effort to meet and greet, get down to the games and provide footy and netty news. Not just for Blacks but provided coverage for tatong and swannie.

Ensign coverage of O&K should be massive, given that the B&D and O&K coverage is now under the same heading!

Yeah the stories for Bright's games are going to be one sided, as Alex is primarily writing them for the Bright paper. I'll look into adding a bit more depth in future, but we're really not able to provide the same sort of coverage we were last year as we're back to having only one of us in on Sunday to cover eight games (2xO&M, 6xO&K). But I've got a big Benalla write up ready to go for Friday.

Heard at training last night that the Blacks are banning BYO alcohol coming into the ground. Security guard will be on hand to confiscate. Hopefully that will turn the ferals away.........Any other clubs looking at doing the same??

Heard at training last night that the Blacks are banning BYO alcohol coming into the ground. Security guard will be on hand to confiscate. Hopefully that will turn the ferals away.........Any other clubs looking at doing the same??
We have always been a NO BYO club, well as long as I can remenber anyway. Never had the need to put security on, most supporters are pretty good with this. But we definatley dont have the problem that you boys have Slim. Although Frannie's cows can get a bit rowdy sometimes!

We have always been a NO BYO club, well as long as I can remenber anyway. Never had the need to put security on, most supporters are pretty good with this. But we definatley dont have the problem that you boys have Slim. Although Frannie's cows can get a bit rowdy sometimes!

Been hard for us to police it up til now, hope it works.......As for Frannie's cows,do what he does if they mis behave, blow a whistle, hold up a red card and send them out of the dairy......:D:D:D

Only when we play you again slim :D

open for discussion......

during a pre game address for senior footy, is there an acceptable or appropriate amount of F--- bombs allowed? I understand the coach is addressing grown men, but was told today of over 40 (the player counted) in a space of 2 or 3 minutes and there were a few c--- thrown in too! how effective can that be??

Would be great if clubs could do that Slim but having the resources to have a security guard might not be available to all clubs!
I see that Swansong didn't respond to his team supporters having BYO drinks the first week at Moyhu. What do you think of that Swansong???

open for discussion......

during a pre game address for senior footy, is there an acceptable or appropriate amount of F--- bombs allowed? I understand the coach is addressing grown men, but was told today of over 40 (the player counted) in a space of 2 or 3 minutes and there were a few c--- thrown in too! how effective can that be??

Not very effective and probably quiet unnecessary one would think! wouldnt happen to have been the Swanpool coach by any chance Trot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back