Ovens and King Football League 2006-2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah, what a week. Firstly thanks to slim and everyone else for the congratulations. Great to see our boys hold off the Bright comeback in the last quarter when it looked to be all over. Awesome feeling when the final siren sounded. Huge relief and it was great to be part of a side that went through the season undefeated.

Don't really remember who handed over the cup (now known around the club as "Cuppy") cos it was all pretty much a blur, but unfortunately it wasn't the Milawa president as the snake man questioned :p

I think part of the reason why Mick Everitt was awarded BOG was because of his 55m torpedo goal. Much of the credit for this goal must go to Sesho though who blatantly pushed his opponent away to sheppard the ball through. I remember thinking at the time that Mick would get dragged if the torp didn't pay off. We're a well drilled side and Mick Wilson would certaintly not encourage the torp in that situation. Mick Ev had a great day out though but Scotty Oliver must have come close to getting BOG. Frankie Eames and Rory O'Keeffe also has outstanding games.

Finally for those that don't know, Finton Eames topped off a fantastic year by taking home our B&F in front of Scotty Oliver. Luke Dinsdale won the two's B&F and Nick Norris came second.

BK - Are most of the boys going to hang around next year for a tilt at back to back?

It would seem that Bright 06 B&F Winner B Green will be lining up for the Bonnie Doon Bulldogs next year. He is looking at making a move to Strathbogie over summer.

BK - Are most of the boys going to hang around next year for a tilt at back to back?

It would seem that Bright 06 B&F Winner B Green will be lining up for the Bonnie Doon Bulldogs next year. He is looking at making a move to Strathbogie over summer.
I think it's too early to say yet mate, but I couldn't imagine too many of the boys would move on. Simon Nolan will be ruled out for the year since he did his ACL in the Granny. I'd be surprised if Ace (Adam Clark) played on but having said that, it'd still be great to run around with him for another season.

What about your boys? Heard that a few might be heading over to the West...

Green will be a handy pickup for Doon if he is fit. Big unit and quality player, would've been handy for you boys if he played all year.

I'd be surprised if Ace (Adam Clark) played on but having said that, it'd still be great to run around with him for another season.

I've known Ace for a long time - and he has been retiring for the last 5 years. I can see him playing on. After so many years near the bottom of the ladder, it would be nice for him to enjoy being at the top of the tree for awhile longer........

I think it's too early to say yet mate, but I couldn't imagine too many of the boys would move on. Simon Nolan will be ruled out for the year since he did his ACL in the Granny. I'd be surprised if Ace (Adam Clark) played on but having said that, it'd still be great to run around with him for another season.

What about your boys? Heard that a few might be heading over to the West...

Green will be a handy pickup for Doon if he is fit. Big unit and quality player, would've been handy for you boys if he played all year.

I think they may offer him the playing coach gig. We'll wait and see.

Not too certain what is happening at Bright. I'll see Greeny on the weekend, he usually has a bit of info as in still in contact with Craig & Nutter and a few others. A few boys heading west for work or footy?

I see Damon Shaw & Pete Smith, 2 preason recruits from St Pauls in the SFL who decided not too head up the hume 5 mins before round 1, finally broke through on the weekend on the 6th attempt.

I've known Ace for a long time - and he has been retiring for the last 5 years. I can see him playing on. After so many years near the bottom of the ladder, it would be nice for him to enjoy being at the top of the tree for awhile longer........
True, but on the other hand if he retired now he'd be leaving the game and a very successful career on the highest note. If he played on he be going for back to back, but let's say Tarra doesn't go very well next year, he could be ending his career after a disappointing season. I dunno, but I think his thought process would be similar to last year, enjoy the off season and think about it when the time comes around next year. Actually, I take my "I'd be surprised if he played on" comment back - I wouldn't be surprised either way and I don't think there would be a person at the club that wouldn't agree with whatever decision he chooses to make. Personally, I hope he continues.

I think they may offer him the playing coach gig. We'll wait and see.

Not too certain what is happening at Bright. I'll see Greeny on the weekend, he usually has a bit of info as in still in contact with Craig & Nutter and a few others. A few boys heading west for work or footy?

I see Damon Shaw & Pete Smith, 2 preason recruits from St Pauls in the SFL who decided not too head up the hume 5 mins before round 1, finally broke through on the weekend on the 6th attempt.
From what I heard, they wouldn't be heading over specifically for footy. Matt Kelly was a name that was thrown up, could be 100% BS though - it was just brought up in a conversation during the finals.

True, but on the other hand if he retired now he'd be leaving the game and a very successful career on the highest note. If he played on he be going for back to back, but let's say Tarra doesn't go very well next year, he could be ending his career after a disappointing season. I dunno, but I think his thought process would be similar to last year, enjoy the off season and think about it when the time comes around next year. Actually, I take my "I'd be surprised if he played on" comment back - I wouldn't be surprised either way and I don't think there would be a person at the club that wouldn't agree with whatever decision he chooses to make. Personally, I hope he continues.

He enjoys his offseasons - loves the fishing with the O'Keefe boys!!

I totally agree with you - he's still good enough to play on and I hope to play agianst him again.

Has been a terrific servant of your club.

Hmmm, couldn't tell ya splasher. But I vaguely recall hearing on Saturday (after a big day on the juice) that Glenrowan have appointed a new coach. Can't remember the name that was thrown up though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You could be spot on BK. This was mentioned a while ago so things could have since changed.

Any raids on the Kennel from the O&M Clubs?
Yeah I know a few players have spoken to O&M clubs. I wouldn't read too much into anything at this stage though, most of the blokes haven't even recovered from the premership celebrations yet and won't be thinking about next year for some time yet.

Played Nth Melb in the 80's I think, coached and played Benalla, coached and played All Blacks, last coached I think at G/Bat about 2000. Wouldn't reckon he'd play now..

bout right slim. if u ever been to the shoe resort in benalla, u were likely to see him there. dunno if he still owns it or if its even still there. btw, wheres holmsey? he did alright in the footy, should arx him back to blacks.

Yeah I know a few players have spoken to O&M clubs. I wouldn't read too much into anything at this stage though, most of the blokes haven't even recovered from the premership celebrations yet and won't be thinking about next year for some time yet.

sessions to north albury was one i heard on sunday, dont know if any truth but that is a rumour going around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back