Ovens and King Football League 2006-2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

who comes up with these numbers??i think some people have nothing better to do but sit there and dream up numbers..

I agree with that comment tiger ,but in relation to your last post about whos on the big bucks , there has been some decent figures tossed around apparently for a couple of guys from over tungahma way im guesing your going to say they are way off as well? Plus if the money offered to some of the players from other O&K sides over the last couple of years is anything to go by then $300 doesnt really surprize me if this fella is 1/2 decent.

I agree with that comment tiger ,but in relation to your last post about whos on the big bucks , there has been some decent figures tossed around apparently for a couple of guys from over tungahma way im guesing your going to say they are way off as well? Plus if the money offered to some of the players from other O&K sides over the last couple of years is anything to go by then $300 doesnt really surprize me if this fella is 1/2 decent.

Tungamah boys are staying put this year now....Had the heart strings tugged apparently. Greta has done well with some more Benalla Saints on the way for 09.

give me the names of the ones on the big bucks???and define big bucks $100 $200 or $300,ok tell me what do you think someone like kelley from bright is worth?sessions from tarra,or for that matter what do you think it cost to get a club to get a grand final??i think that most figers a blown out of shape for there own ego.

give me the names of the ones on the big bucks???and define big bucks $100 $200 or $300,ok tell me what do you think someone like kelley from bright is worth?sessions from tarra,or for that matter what do you think it cost to get a club to get a grand final??i think that most figers a blown out of shape for there own ego.

Well im not sure of your point but in my opinion on what is big bucks there isnt to many blokes in this league worth over $200.00 so i reckon anyone on that or more are on "big bucks" but unfortunatly many clubs and its usually the less succsseful ones inflate the value of these blokes by offering way more than the players worth out of desperation to try and remain competative , therefore the potential recruits although not worth the price if you want a chance a getting them you have to be prepared to pay the price. Its been mentioned before on this thread but its been proven that flags can be won without spending as much as some of the clubs that are much lower on the ladder even in recent times , but i think those days are most probably behind us.

yes i agree with what your saying,but my point is that every club and i mean every club not just o&k,the o&m,vfl they all have some players on some big bucks and to be in the hunt for finals you must pay what you can afford,because if you keep ending up on the bottom of that ladder ists hard to get good players to come to your club.i know there is a lot of players out there on $200 to $300 and in most clubs,the best one i know is $700 a game,now thats big bucks. now if he gets 40 kicks a game every game trains twice a week at every function, does all the wright things,and he did chase a dollar, do you sign him up or do let him go down the road,most clubs would find the cash and sign him up..
as far as g/rowan having all these players on big bucks,well iam not to sure about that,like joe bedendo giving des smith a boat for doing the job a few years ago,its all talk...

yes i agree with what your saying,but my point is that every club and i mean every club not just o&k,the o&m,vfl they all have some players on some big bucks and to be in the hunt for finals you must pay what you can afford,because if you keep ending up on the bottom of that ladder ists hard to get good players to come to your club.i know there is a lot of players out there on $200 to $300 and in most clubs,the best one i know is $700 a game,now thats big bucks. now if he gets 40 kicks a game every game trains twice a week at every function, does all the wright things,and he did chase a dollar, do you sign him up or do let him go down the road,most clubs would find the cash and sign him up..
as far as g/rowan having all these players on big bucks,well iam not to sure about that,like joe bedendo giving des smith a boat for doing the job a few years ago,its all talk...

$700 is alot of coin for a minor league, works out around $12,000 thats alot of money to find tige for one player, it doesn't leave ya alot of room for ya $200/$300 players..thats why i think the clubs that pay these sort of $$ stay down the bottom cause they cant keep paying these blokes $700, i bet tarra wouldn't of had a bloke on $700 this year, and looking back Whoroouly or Moyhu prob wouldn't have either..

shit yer,this $700 plyer, played in a top 4 side 3years ago has only come back to o&k this year and he was on that sort of cash were he came from so hes not back for his looks ,and the big ruckman from rovers thats gone to tarra wouldent be there for nothing,gooch millar the same i know milawa offered the rukman $500 a game,whorouly didnt get all the myrtlefod players for nothing,mcpherson would have been up there,glanville was on big bucks to travel back from wodonga every week and as for moyhu the goal kicking marchine they had was costing them a few bucks,and the dud they picked up last year didnt go there for nothing and for that matter one of the recruits they picked up this year is on $400 a game.anyway get off the money shit and lets get onto who has recruited who....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the $700 man was a coach u would expext that but if he was just a player i would very much doubt that that would be accurate but you may know more than most Tiger. As for Moyhu im pretty well qualified to say that if u are refering to Thommo as a $400 recriut you are way off the mark but i hope we have got some one for that as they would have to be a gun for us to pay that sort of money for a player only. The goal machine was actually alot cheaper to run than some of the figures been tossed around here at the minute just because u guys were offering big money to poach him doesnt mean we had to match it to keep him. As for the dud as u put it we see him as some one who can improve with a couple of good forwards around him besides he cost us less than u guys were prepared to pay. So who has recruited who????

shit yer,this $700 plyer, played in a top 4 side 3years ago has only come back to o&k this year and he was on that sort of cash were he came from so hes not back for his looks ,and the big ruckman from rovers thats gone to tarra wouldent be there for nothing,gooch millar the same i know milawa offered the rukman $500 a game,whorouly didnt get all the myrtlefod players for nothing,mcpherson would have been up there,glanville was on big bucks to travel back from wodonga every week and as for moyhu the goal kicking marchine they had was costing them a few bucks,and the dud they picked up last year didnt go there for nothing and for that matter one of the recruits they picked up this year is on $400 a game.anyway get off the money shit and lets get onto who has recruited who....

Yeh thats a good idea lets get off the $$$ because id be suprised if anybody from anywhere really knows who is getting what. Now tiger tell us who you blokes recruited? Sounds like Kelly from KV is now in the Lions Den & Greta have got a few from Benalla

hi there 50 meters,some of these guys get a bit narky when its put back at them.anyway yer looks like they have picked up a couple from chiltern which look the goods,but time will tell,but they have got big jd back and matt smith,and they were talking about a couple of guns which they will comfirm in the next week.the only player they lost is lappin and he needs a shoulder reco,so they should be on the inprove,hickey got them doing the hard yards and yjey look ok on the track.hay i heard kelly is staying now at kv??millawa have done well with gardner and symes but we wont talk $$$ and i heard maguire was going back to rovers and oliver from tarra is training at rovers i think they will try hard to keep him there.hay virge they tell me welshy is going to tatong he will fit in well there.hes probably getting the big bucks...lol..ok someone else cum up with something..

hi there 50 meters,some of these guys get a bit narky when its put back at them.anyway yer looks like they have picked up a couple from chiltern which look the goods,but time will tell,but they have got big jd back and matt smith,and they were talking about a couple of guns which they will comfirm in the next week.the only player they lost is lappin and he needs a shoulder reco,so they should be on the inprove,hickey got them doing the hard yards and yjey look ok on the track.hay i heard kelly is staying now at kv??millawa have done well with gardner and symes but we wont talk $$$ and i heard maguire was going back to rovers and oliver from tarra is training at rovers i think they will try hard to keep him there.hay virge they tell me welshy is going to tatong he will fit in well there.hes probably getting the big bucks...lol..ok someone else cum up with something..
Having a run with his old club purely because he is a fitness freak. Has already committed to Tarra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back