Ovens and King Football League 2006-2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting JB, so do you know if he straight up asked for that? Cos I believe they threw a figure at him then he asked for travelling expenses on top of that. Not that it matters anyway, as he decided not to play there. If he went to Wang he'd be on a figure no where near that.

I dunno if he'd be physically strong enough to play as a key pos player in the O&m

I dunno if he'd be physically strong enough to play as a key pos player in the O&m
Definately hear what you're saying slim. Not taking anything away from the bloke - he has more than proven himself at O&K level, but O&M is a whole different ball game. I'd image he'd need to put in a solid pre season if he wanted to perform well in there.

Maybe they can't afford the $20,000 that Glenrowan are paying Hickey to coach, and will endeavour to find out what Hearn and Haedbich have been offered, unless someone already knows.

Not sure about Hearn but i did hear the figure of $800 a game for the Heabich brothers to split between them how ever they please..........
True or not it sounds that the tigers have come into some money or are dusting off the old rubber cheque book........

Not sure about Hearn but i did hear the figure of $800 a game for the Heabich brothers to split between them how ever they please..........
True or not it sounds that the tigers have come into some money or are dusting off the old rubber cheque book........

Hard to believe these figures are true, we have been hearing all this for years remember when Des Smith went out there it was reported Big Jo was going to shout him a new tinny to go fishing in. Now idont know Des that well but i know he hasnt got a new fishing boat, would these brothers get paid $800 weekly or at the end of the year, pending results, less deductions and all the rest like the magpies???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to believe these figures are true, we have been hearing all this for years remember when Des Smith went out there it was reported Big Jo was going to shout him a new tinny to go fishing in. Now idont know Des that well but i know he hasnt got a new fishing boat, would these brothers get paid $800 weekly or at the end of the year, pending results, less deductions and all the rest like the magpies???
Yes it certianly makes you wonder how one of the lower clubs who dont have a huge following can afford some of the figures that get thrown around (keeping in mind that most of these figures are inflated as they get past around the rumour mill ) . How good are these hiebach boys and this hearn fella anyway are they just good district players or are they potentially higher level standard, who would they be compared to in the league at the moment. If its true $800 between 2 blokes is just crazy if they are only just "good district players " you would be wanting blokes that have proved themselves at a higher level than that of the Picola league in my view as the top sides will have someone equal if not better than them who can can restrict thier influence on the game , result = money wasted.

Yes it certianly makes you wonder how one of the lower clubs who dont have a huge following can afford some of the figures that get thrown around (keeping in mind that most of these figures are inflated as they get past around the rumour mill ) . How good are these hiebach boys and this hearn fella anyway are they just good district players or are they potentially higher level standard, who would they be compared to in the league at the moment. If its true $800 between 2 blokes is just crazy if they are only just "good district players " you would be wanting blokes that have proved themselves at a higher level than that of the Picola league in my view as the top sides will have someone equal if not better than them who can can restrict thier influence on the game , result = money wasted.

Don't know if the $800 is right, but they do fancy themselves and do ask reasonable money.They've been playing out at Tungamah in the Picola league which is probably a ****teenth above O&K level

The Brocklesby/Burrumbuttock Football Clubis seeking players for the 2009 season. The club is situated in the Albury/Wodonga area and play's in the Hume F.L. It is a terrific social club with attractive remuneration packages for player/s who travel from out of the area. For further info, send me a private message.:)

Piss off & go and poach some players elsewhere !

Any movement or rumours about movement around the traps.... I see the O'Briens are heading back to the Valley. Is Evo also going back do we know?

I would have thought Gabe would still have been in Myrt's plans for 2009. Only saw glimpes of him last season, but thought he handled himself quite well at O&M level before he was injured.

i heard a bit of news to come out of the milawa camp scott gardner told king valley he has singed there and mick newton told them that he will no longer be coach

i heard a bit of news to come out of the milawa camp scott gardner told king valley he has singed there and mick newton told them that he will no longer be coach

Sounds like the CEO might have got his way he is not the president but he throws the punches, look to Luke Simms as the likley replacement this has been a constant rumble since the end of August. Not sure why they have never been happy with Mick, he done a hell of a lot of recruiting last season on the back of their grand final catering a couple of years ago, he got them into the finals last season something most coaches havnt been able to do out there for the last 10 years and this year he will be able to play after recovering from a knee reco, if he has been given the shove he couldnt play there could he?

I've also heard from good mates of Scotty's that he is going to Milawa. Find it hard to believe about Mick not coaching though. From what you said it sounds like he has walked - I'd guess this would be the most likely scenario as I can't imagine the club would turn their back on him. Still though, I won't believe this or any other recruiting news until registrations have actually gone through next year. Still interesting to know what stories are floating around though.

I've also heard from good mates of Scotty's that he is going to Milawa. Find it hard to believe about Mick not coaching though. From what you said it sounds like he has walked - I'd guess this would be the most likely scenario as I can't imagine the club would turn their back on him. Still though, I won't believe this or any other recruiting news until registrations have actually gone through next year. Still interesting to know what stories are floating around though.

Heard your contract negotiations had stalled BK. Not enough 0's on the end:D:D:D

Poor old Milawa are the subject of the rumour mill again :p starting to feel sorry for them......not !!! To be fair though after a bit of digging have heard that thats not correct about Mick. Looking forward to this latest drama unfolding , isnt it a pitty that no one from Demon land is allowed to use this forum to either confirm or deny these type of stories , oh well until that happens we can continue to enjoy the rumours whether they be true or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back