Ovens and King Football League 2006-2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How you know that full? You associated with the maggies?
He aint a bad player from what i've seen & would go real well in O&K but still got ability to go well in O&M you think?

i was talkin to him the other day, dont really follow anyone, you could call me a footy sl#t..he'd b a gun o&k player just think he is sick of the lack of opportunity, then maggies promise to give those sorta guys a go this year and go and pay a fortune for another midfielder in Allan

i was talkin to him the other day, dont really follow anyone, you could call me a footy sl#t..he'd b a gun o&k player just think he is sick of the lack of opportunity, then maggies promise to give those sorta guys a go this year and go and pay a fortune for another midfielder in Allan

Footy sl#t - good one i like that. That's fair enough. Is pretty hard when you don't get the opportunities. What's his connection to Moyhu anyway? Or were they just chasing whoever?
I wouldn't be surprised if they keep getting players to replace others who have gone & guys like him will miss out again unfortunately

Footy sl#t - good one i like that. That's fair enough. Is pretty hard when you don't get the opportunities. What's his connection to Moyhu anyway? Or were they just chasing whoever?
I wouldn't be surprised if they keep getting players to replace others who have gone & guys like him will miss out again unfortunately

He has 4 or 5 of his best mates play out there, not sure who else Moyhu are chasing, i think they have pretty much kept everyone, and picked up Thopmson, with Moore and supposedly Welsh back..they should be there abouts again, but then again the lower clubs, Milawa and Greta seemed to have picked up a few

He has 4 or 5 of his best mates play out there, not sure who else Moyhu are chasing, i think they have pretty much kept everyone, and picked up Thopmson, with Moore and supposedly Welsh back..they should be there abouts again, but then again the lower clubs, Milawa and Greta seemed to have picked up a few

Thompson will be a good pick up for them, and with Moore will make a good forward line. Welsh will make a difference - he shouldn't have left but the coin dictates sometimes at other clubs doesn't it! I wouldn't say the guys Greta has picked up are that great - they are past players who are coming back pretty much, not new blood which is what you need.

thats been on the go for awhile, nth Alb up'd his coin by a FAR BIT, and told him he only had to train once, so if leaves it must be on good coin, Milawa must be forking out a heap of coin again this year...:thumbsdown:

I'd really love to know where Milawa gets its money from. You have to pay your coach a fair bit, then some of the guys they picked up last year would be wanting good cash again, then this year they've got Sims (who wouldn't play for nothing), Gardner (who wouldn't go for nothing either) & whoever else they've picked up.
Have heard whispers that Hill who played at Moyhu last year could be on the move there as well & he'd want big bucks. Is great mates with Newton who plays there. He'd have to improve though, the 3 or 4 Moyhu games I saw last year he was, to put it nicely, terrible! Saw him years ago at Rovers & he was good & fit, last year he was slow & very unfit.
Any other players being touted as moving anywhere else yet?

I'd really love to know where Milawa gets its money from. You have to pay your coach a fair bit, then some of the guys they picked up last year would be wanting good cash again, then this year they've got Sims (who wouldn't play for nothing), Gardner (who wouldn't go for nothing either) & whoever else they've picked up.
Have heard whispers that Hill who played at Moyhu last year could be on the move there as well & he'd want big bucks. Is great mates with Newton who plays there. He'd have to improve though, the 3 or 4 Moyhu games I saw last year he was, to put it nicely, terrible! Saw him years ago at Rovers & he was good & fit, last year he was slow & very unfit.
Any other players being touted as moving anywhere else yet?
hill is based in seymour and will play GV this year thats my bet at $2.90,though i agree while fit can hurt defences, while unfit.....enough said! heard romours bout moyhu gaining another but unable to get a name. as yet...

thats been on the go for awhile, nth Alb up'd his coin by a FAR BIT, and told him he only had to train once, so if leaves it must be on good coin, Milawa must be forking out a heap of coin again this year...:thumbsdown:
yea true bout being on good coin but buying expensive players doesnt guarantee wins in finals, eg: milawa 2008

The rumour that I had heard was that between 2 Nth Albury recruits & 1 recruit from another O&K club they were paying out close to $1800 per game.

That's alot of money for minor league footy! Where would the likes of Milawa get that sort of money from. I know it's only a small town so who would be their major sponsors to fork out those $$$$ per game??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

where's this idea that glenrowan pay big overs come from? it must be 10 years or more ago cos sure doesn't happen now

so is the romour involving sims, ryan (nth alb) and gardner (KV)?

Sims wasn't one of the names named...I'll let everyone guess who the O&K player is.

$950
$650
$450

(Which is actually $2050 per week!!)

Were the numbers being spoken about.

You would hope for a club in a small league that this is not true - paying out that sort of cash, plus coaches and obviously a few other players plus a weekly awards amount for 3 x football sides plus 3 x netball sides could be the death of the club.

for starters big shot matt smith found his own way there no one new any thing of the man,second when he was asked about his performace on the ground he left on his own accord with out saying a thing to anyone,and he was a contracted player ,thats the problem these days you got to treat these guys like kids or they leave,they carnt handle the truth..and as far as naming everyone in wang i thought thats what this site was about leting people know whats happening within the ovens and king...
and as far as getting one,,one what??becuase iam not hard to find...if you would like to show me.
"big shot" matt smith did not find his own way there he was approached out of nowhere by a major club sponsor. He didn't leave because of money, he left because he couldn't understand why the senior coach was just there to look the part and had no interest in installing discipline or game plans and was happy just to watch the game

"big shot" matt smith did not find his own way there he was approached out of nowhere by a major club sponsor. He didn't leave because of money, he left because he couldn't understand why the senior coach was just there to look the part and had no interest in installing discipline or game plans and was happy just to watch the game

Who was the snr coach then?

hill is based in seymour and will play GV this year thats my bet at $2.90,though i agree while fit can hurt defences, while unfit.....enough said! heard romours bout moyhu gaining another but unable to get a name. as yet...

$2.90? I wouldn't pay that much to see him play on last years form, but maybe he will have changed this year. Heard who Moyhu is gaining yet? To do with Thompson from Rutherglen etc?

Been a bit quiet BK......Does Mick have pre-season stats charts up on the wall. Most poor disposals in lane work, poorest rigidity in pushups etc.:p:p:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back