Ovens and King Football League 2006-2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy mate, people have written tatong off before and been proved wrong, they got the start they deserved im sure the pies will be a force again soon. Id be following the movements of Gbat and swanpool more closely..

You have a point there. Swanpool looked to be really struggling with numbers thursday night as they were kicking a rubgy ball to each other in bare feet...

50+ down at pantherland, tatong had probably 15, 20 tops.

Hard to see Benalla improving much, word on the street is they have plenty at training, most of which are average two's players at best, but still only 4 or 5 players who are actually any good. May be another long year for the panthers.

We (Goorambat) have preseason training on the 19th, I'll have a better idea of who we have then. So far we have a new jumper, I think Predominantly sliver with green & gold in the corner and a bat logo on the chest (last I heard). We are just coming off a great era and maybe in the rebuilding phase but lets hope we are better. IMO If Doon improve or don't drop off at all they will match it with the best in the O&K, our last premiership side would have as well. To be honest I don't know how all of us EX-B&D sides will go. It's all very uncertian.

We (Goorambat) have preseason training on the 19th, I'll have a better idea of who we have then. So far we have a new jumper, I think Predominantly sliver with green & gold in the corner and a bat logo on the chest (last I heard). We are just coming off a great era and maybe in the rebuilding phase but lets hope we are better. IMO If Doon improve or don't drop off at all they will match it with the best in the O&K, our last premiership side would have as well. To be honest I don't know how all of us EX-B&D sides will go. It's all very uncertian.

Mate you need to have a decent look at the best o and k sides doon have nothing on them...

Hard to see Benalla improving much, word on the street is they have plenty at training, most of which are average two's players at best, but still only 4 or 5 players who are actually any good. May be another long year for the panthers.

You've gotta stop believing the other old ladies at the hairdressers.....:p:p:p

Any average 2s player could get a game in the seniors for one of the sides coming into the ovens and king league they could even win a club best and fairest ....

BK how are the numbers looking out your way? i dare say mick would have the boys in full flight on the track

BK how are the numbers looking out your way? i dare say mick would have the boys in full flight on the track
We actually don't recommence until the start of Feb, Trotta. In the past when we started training early, too many blokes were burning out coming into finals which was not ideal. We had a few sessions before Christmas and numbers looked OK, but I'd expect plenty more to turn up when we officially kick off pre-season.

would you be training more than twice? 1st feb gives only 6 weeks before the preseason comp in march

(Log in to remove this ad.)

would you be training more than twice? 1st feb gives only 6 weeks before the preseason comp in march
I'd say we'd be training Monday and Wednesday with an optional Friday session. Everyone is expected to do their own fitness work over the Christmas break so most blokes should be in a half decent state once training recommences.

Just on the pre-season comp, I've heard that most clubs are dirty that the league didn't consult with them before announcing the concept. Is this the general feeling from most clubs, or is my mail incorrect?

Mate you need to have a decent look at the best o and k sides doon have nothing on them...

I'd say the Doon will go well, should win a fair share of games and will be tough to beat at home. Look like keeping their list together and adding some former Mansfield players to their playing stocks will help also. Should win more than they lose

Any average 2s player could get a game in the seniors for one of the sides coming into the ovens and king league they could even win a club best and fairest ....

Completely missed the point 'onlyone'. Of course the teams coming into the O&K might struggle for the first few seasons, hence average O&K twos players could play in their seniors due to a lack of depth and numbers. As for the panthers, they too have average twos players 'at best' playing in their senior team, therefore they will find it hard to compete with the likes of Tarra, Milawa and Moyhu, and even Greta and Glenrowan to a lesser extent.

Completely missed the point 'onlyone'. Of course the teams coming into the O&K might struggle for the first few seasons, hence average O&K twos players could play in their seniors due to a lack of depth and numbers. As for the panthers, they too have average twos players 'at best' playing in their senior team, therefore they will find it hard to compete with the likes of Tarra, Milawa and Moyhu, and even Greta and Glenrowan to a lesser extent.

they were able to beat three of the 5 mentioned in 09. it will be very interesting once the season actually starts. probably worth waiting to see who and what turns up before predicting who is going to beat who based on nothing. there will be surprises and alot can change from one season to another!

Blacks beat all those sides once last year and should have beaten them all twice with as you put it average 2nds players in the snrs.....This year those average 2nds players will probably be playing 2nds where they belong.....Dunno where you get your mail from...:thumbsu::thumbsu:

I really hope sides show as much respect for Blacks as you do when it comes game day.

Sounds as though the blacks are back in town boys.

Been a long time and if you are getting 50+ at training thats a great start

General consensus is that I may not be giving the Blacks enough credit. Time will tell, but I've heard it all before - they're like richmond the blacks, before the season promise everything but continue to deliver mediocre results. 50+ at training is a great effort, and that's fantastic for them, I just hope the enthusiam translates onto the field and they start getting some results.

General consensus is that I may not be giving the Blacks enough credit. Time will tell, but I've heard it all before - they're like richmond the blacks, before the season promise everything but continue to deliver mediocre results. 50+ at training is a great effort, and that's fantastic for them, I just hope the enthusiam translates onto the field and they start getting some results.

And which club do you support mate?

[/B]

Blacks beat all those sides once last year and should have beaten them all twice with as you put it average 2nds players in the snrs.....This year those average 2nds players will probably be playing 2nds where they belong.....Dunno where you get your mail from...:thumbsu::thumbsu:
Slim your right Blacks did beat all 3 of those sides last yr, but as for your point that they should have beaten them all twice.... well i think your memory might be failing you. I was at Rnd 1 when the blues beat you guys comfortably by 5 goals and they certainly did not play that well that day and had a number of their senior team who had yet to play. At the home you beat them but on the back of 1 good quarter from your FF and 2 very poor quarters from them. So you were 1-1 against a side who finished last in 2008 and 6th in 2009. Hardly worth going on about. Any one who makes outlandish statements about who the new sides will beat and where they will finish on the ladder is really kidding themselves, its all a big unkown at this stage, the bats could fall over and not make it to Rnd 1. Having said that I am predicting Blacks, Blues and Tigers to improve and push for top 4, don't count out Moyhu either.

Slim your right Blacks did beat all 3 of those sides last yr, but as for your point that they should have beaten them all twice.... well i think your memory might be failing you. I was at Rnd 1 when the blues beat you guys comfortably by 5 goals and they certainly did not play that well that day and had a number of their senior team who had yet to play. At the home you beat them but on the back of 1 good quarter from your FF and 2 very poor quarters from them. So you were 1-1 against a side who finished last in 2008 and 6th in 2009. Hardly worth going on about. Any one who makes outlandish statements about who the new sides will beat and where they will finish on the ladder is really kidding themselves, its all a big unkown at this stage, the bats could fall over and not make it to Rnd 1. Having said that I am predicting Blacks, Blues and Tigers to improve and push for top 4, don't count out Moyhu either.

Wont get into a slanging match with you NBM, but it's amazing how we all see things differently and from our own perspective....:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:....As for the Bats, what makes you think they may fall over before rd 1. I did hear the new coach has upset a few already though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back