Ovens and King Football League 2006-2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not our job to baby sit them, the odd player gets down there but apart from that it's not our problem we have tryed to **** em off a lot of them were swanpool an gbat ppl so you work it out, they were at tarra as well
Good to see benalla have recruited so well and will most likely go out in straight sets if they winge and complain like they did last week, Miliwa embarassed them with their disciplined display and will be hard to beat on the showgrounds with fitness being far superior than any other team

Not a good advertisement for the your footy club on sunday slim, with those nuts carrying on down in the pocket. I went out to the Moyhu Huddle at 3/4 time, and a couple of intelligent blokes in Benalla All Blacks Jumpers were yelling and carrying on like rabbits, the main one doing all the yapping was definately a senior player..then only to walk back to Moronville and one of them collapse passed out on the ground unable to get off. I'm sure the senior coach wouldn't be happy with his players hurling abuse at there opposition for next week :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Some of them just don't want to understand what they are doing to the club..
And as GO said, some of them are just parasites that have nothing to do with us but seem to follow us around and give us a bad name. We've tried the Police etc but with little success. Whenever the coppers turn up they are perfectly behaved and as soon as they're gone they are straight back into it.

Good to see benalla have recruited so well and will most likely go out in straight sets if they winge and complain like they did last week, Miliwa embarassed them with their disciplined display and will be hard to beat on the showgrounds with fitness being far superior than any other team

I suppose you'll still be on the Milawa bandwagon when the money runs out and they return to the rabble they were some years ago.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Milawa were the better side and will probably go all the way but as slim said like to see your list once the money runs out!

Big news at g/bat town big rumour has it that ash evans the signing from queensland who had a terrible season has got three of his mates into playing nathan lyons western jet star who was lastly playing at south adel in sanfl...robbie cheevers ex vfl boy freak and danny wise gun player from southport if these rumours are true g/bat could be a big chance next year
Time will tell, but hard to see a SANFL player and/or ex VFL player coming to play for a team that won just two games in the Ovens & King FL. If they are that good, why aren't they playing GV or O&M?

Actually, had a look at the SANFL ladder and this Nathan Lyons just might fit in at Goorambat.

Turns out the South Adelaide Panthers are on the bottom of the ladder with just two wins for the season. Just like Goorambat :eek:

Not to mention the club is on a 15-match losing streak!

Time on in Thirds and Reserves – under our operational rules which was amended the start of the season in regards to time on in the minor grades the following will now be implemented.

In both grades – Reserves and Thirds
· The first half there shall be no time –straight 20 minute quarters
· The second half – shall be 20 minute quarters plus time
· The Thirds will now commence at 10am
· The Reserves will now start at 12noon

that should clear it up TNG

Interesting to see both Swannie and Tatong trying to gain interest in 3rds for next season, could be wasting their time though. VCFL due to make a statement on the subject of junior footy in the area next week I heard and it may not be too favourable for those clubs currently without 3rds.

Talking to a tarra bloke today was saying the oval is very wet and doesn't think it will hold up well with 6 games on it this weekend, maybe they will change next weeks games??

Talking to a tarra bloke today was saying the oval is very wet and doesn't think it will hold up well with 6 games on it this weekend, maybe they will change next weeks games??
They may as well make it up as they go. Seems to be the way they've been operating lately.

Why not play 4 x 15 minute quarters, on a soccer pitch, have 3 substitutions, 4 points for a goal (2 for a behind), 3 points from outside the 50, 3 feet obstruction rule with golden goal deciding extra time?

They may as well make it up as they go. Seems to be the way they've been operating lately.

Why not play 4 x 15 minute quarters, on a soccer pitch, have 3 substitutions, 4 points for a goal (2 for a behind), 3 points from outside the 50, 3 feet obstruction rule with golden goal deciding extra time?

Knickers in a knot TGN??? Mate your team lost and seems you cant get over it. Moving the game from NW is a great idea after last weeks games there.Enjoy the summer and hopefully you have your cricket whites ready:D:D:D

Knickers in a knot TGN??? Mate your team lost and seems you cant get over it. Moving the game from NW is a great idea after last weeks games there.Enjoy the summer and hopefully you have your cricket whites ready:D:D:D
Just a bit frustrated for the boys after a long season :eek: All is forgiven.

Definitely bring on cricket season!!!

Good luck to all sides this weekend. Hopefully Tarra's ground doesn't get too chopped up.

Could be a few close games this week. Hope the rain stays away.

Predictions:

Seniors
Bright by 6 goals
Benalla by 2 goals

Reserves
Whorouly by 6 goals
Benalla by 4 goals

Thirds
Alpine Eagles by 4 goals
Whorouly by 10 goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is the ground BK ?
Similar to this time last week slim, probably a little softer though which is to be expected. Bit spongy in areas and the midfield will probably get chopped up first. Overall, it should be in good condition if the rain holds off this arvo/tonight.

The ground has a good history of recovering well over the week after a match but I reckon it'll be pretty chopped up after Saturday's matches. It shouldn't be too boggy on Sunday but the ground might not have as much grip as it normally would. Still though, it will still be 100 times better than Nth Wang was last week.

Congrats to the Doon boys yesterday. Jumped us early and managed to keep a 2 goal buffer all day and then bagged a couple of late ones.....They will push Tarra next week, probably not enough to get over them though....

Who are we tipping in the Milawa/ Bright game......

Congrats to the Doon boys yesterday. Jumped us early and managed to keep a 2 goal buffer all day and then bagged a couple of late ones.....They will push Tarra next week, probably not enough to get over them though....

Who are we tipping in the Milawa/ Bright game......

Bright was pretty impressive in the second half on Sat, but plenty of room for improvement on their first half. No doubt they have the fitness, and if they kick straight it will help, but can't quite see them getting past Milawa. Still, it should be close - both have a lot of good options to rotate through the middle as well as some good targets up forward. Milawa may have the edge in defence, but it's going to be a good match, particularly if the ground is still in good nick.

Congrats to the Doon, but have a feeling Tarra might put on a show and blow them away pretty early...

So you were joking right

And to be beaten in a final by a feral B&D club

it must hurt real bad

Doon boys played better on the day and deserved the win. Blacks were missing a fair few of there key players, good luck on this week but you will need it jackass!!!

Doon boys played better on the day and deserved the win. Blacks were missing a fair few of there key players, good luck on this week but you will need it jackass!!!

Christ I just read the scores, who was missing for the Blacks? and is Fatty Anderson still playing for Doon and how did there ruckman Demarco go?

Christ I just read the scores, who was missing for the Blacks? and is Fatty Anderson still playing for Doon and how did there ruckman Demarco go?
It doesnt
Matter now but Blacks had out Murray,Irwin,Webb and fear. Not sure on fatty there ruckman Went alright fitness let's him down

Talking to him yesterday, did a hammie last week against Moyhu.

There was only 2 gls in it all day Sparra, Doon managed 3 late ones that blew it out. All credit to them.

So you were joking right

it must hurt real bad

Mate sure enough you hate the blacks like a lot of people do but this year has been a very successful year for them they have a strong 3rds side which is basically 25 new players to there team and they are still in the finals ad could be a good chance to go on to the grand final, there reserves have been very good this year as well, there seniors have come from the ground up everyone down and around the club are happy the way they applied them selves this year and to achieve what has been achieved has been great for the club!!!!! Things are only get better for them and I guarantee the hurt from yesterday will make them work twice as hard next year!!

So you were joking right

it must hurt real bad

I'm not sure who you are mate but i am assuming your not affiliated with our club as gobbing off to quality opposition after beating them is not really our go.

Fatty was one of our boys missing with a hammy which is hopefully right for this week.

As slim said the score did not reflect the game at all. Benalla never had the lead (i don't think) but it was close all day. I remember the runner coming out to tell us there was 7 minutes to go and at that stage i think we were only 15 points up.

Demarco was his usual self, getting a few possies and always giving a decent contest. Spoons for Benalla was disappointing and its amazing that a bloke with that sort of size couldn't have more influence in a final. Powell did a good job on Brushy particularly in the last quarter where Benalla were looking to run over us.

Great job by the people at Tarra for the catering and the general management of the game / venue. The only negative i have is they made an announcement over the loud speaker while Chris Dunne was having a set shot, lets hope they don't do that again.

It's a little disappointing to have to play Tarra at their home ground, would much rather play at a neutral ground like the friendlies oval in Benalla. Although we have played them there before and got close so hopefully with our full side we might be able to give them a nudge.

I'm not sure who you are mate but i am assuming your not affiliated with our club as gobbing off to quality opposition after beating them is not really our go.

Fatty was one of our boys missing with a hammy which is hopefully right for this week.

As slim said the score did not reflect the game at all. Benalla never had the lead (i don't think) but it was close all day. I remember the runner coming out to tell us there was 7 minutes to go and at that stage i think we were only 15 points up.

Demarco was his usual self, getting a few possies and always giving a decent contest. Spoons for Benalla was disappointing and its amazing that a bloke with that sort of size couldn't have more influence in a final. Powell did a good job on Brushy particularly in the last quarter where Benalla were looking to run over us.

Great job by the people at Tarra for the catering and the general management of the game / venue. The only negative i have is they made an announcement over the loud speaker while Chris Dunne was having a set shot, lets hope they don't do that again.

It's a little disappointing to have to play Tarra at their home ground, would much rather play at a neutral ground like the friendlies oval in Benalla. Although we have played them there before and got close so hopefully with our full side we might be able to give them a nudge.

With the amount of rain forecast this week JAM could bring the game back to a slog, might help you guys a bit.....

[/b]

With the amount of rain forecast this week JAM could bring the game back to a slog, might help you guys a bit.....

Yeah it will make it interesting if it rains for a few days and we get rain on Sunday. Tarra would still have to be very confident wouldn't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back