Ovens and King Football League 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

No one takes pleasure in seeing this at any club, at any time. At least you hope not....
Looks like I better buy the paper tomorrow. Looks like the year just got a little longer.

What's the biggest winning margin in O&K history? It could be broken this weekend! I think Tarra by around 250, got to feel for North Wang going through building faze and then this happens probably be something the club could deal with 3months ago but 3 weeks into season is a bit rough.

Does anyone remember north wang pre 2011? Weren't much good were they? Made finals in 2011 and from memory got belted. Come 2012 and they got a big name coach and bought pretty much an entire senior team, barely lost a game all year. Won the grandfinal 2012 then were a fair bit off the mark 2013. Continually been sliding down since. Personally I have sympathy for the people at that club who have genuinely made a huge effort to help rebuild but as a whole I have no sympathy for the club in general, short term gain for long term loss

Its a sad situation for all involved and im not 100 oercent sure what exactly happened but the feeling around at training tonight was all positive.. about sticking with your mates.. the ones left to pick up the pieces are the same ones that were getting belted 200+ points 2 or 3 seasons ago.. The heart is definitely there, and the boys just wanna get into it and play with their mates no matter the outcome.

What's the biggest winning margin in O&K history? It could be broken this weekend! I think Tarra by around 250, got to feel for North Wang going through building faze and then this happens probably be something the club could deal with 3months ago but 3 weeks into season is a bit rough.
King Valley beat Swanpool by 305 to 0 if I remember correctly ...

Close!
Round 9 2012
Greta 352 defeated glenrowan 7
Brad bell kicked 22

Crazy how the very next year glenrowan went from bottom of the ladder to making a grandfinal

Does anyone remember north wang pre 2011? Weren't much good were they? Made finals in 2011 and from memory got belted. Come 2012 and they got a big name coach and bought pretty much an entire senior team, barely lost a game all year. Won the grandfinal 2012 then were a fair bit off the mark 2013. Continually been sliding down since. Personally I have sympathy for the people at that club who have genuinely made a huge effort to help rebuild but as a whole I have no sympathy for the club in general, short term gain for long term loss
Yeah they were pretty good late 90s to mid 2000s from what I recall,played in a few finals but when Moyhu,Beechworth were at the top. I remember they always had couple guns in there team that were unstoppable. And the whole buying a senior team is pretty much the only way you get to the top! Glenrowan,Milawa,Tarra and now by the looks the Bats have brought a competitive team and best of luck to them! Over it being a big deal it's how it is done the last 5+ years can't see it changing.

Lee Dale to Prison town bushrangers... opened up the cheque book by all reports. Good luck to the lad.
North struggling to make a team for the weekend, series of unfortunate events or committee miss management? Time will tell

Lee Dale to Prison town bushrangers... opened up the cheque book by all reports. Good luck to the lad.
North struggling to make a team for the weekend, series of unfortunate events or committee miss management? Time will tell
We will have 2 sides this weekend. 17 in the magoos at last count.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a massive backflip considering he already has a clearance in to go to beechworth! Truly is going to the highest bidder. Maybe Glenrowan will have a crack at him as well
Heard that North Wang agreed to clear players if they wanted to leave but not to other OKFNL clubs.....L dale to Beechworth today, Beechworth clear him straight to Milawa in time for Monday's game? Dale gets where he wants to go and nth Wang don't get what they want?

Heard that North Wang agreed to clear players if they wanted to leave but not to other OKFNL clubs.....L dale to Beechworth today, Beechworth clear him straight to Milawa in time for Monday's game? Dale gets where he wants to go and nth Wang don't get what they want?

So how many points would that be????

Remove this Banner Ad

Ovens and King Football League 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back