Ovens and Murray Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt there are transfer fees to other clubs and state leagues but not to the O&M.

Seems like a lot of funds on one player!!
there is a transfer fee from a state league to any other league if the players hasn't up held any commitments or if that club is trying to re-coup lost funds, spent on that player.

And the word he made have signed a contract at North ?

just reading the BM and north are saying they will fight to keep him as he's under contract. article also says north set to lose brandon ryan to milawa in the o&k

also in the BM matt kelly is heading back to wang after a couple of years at bright. tough nut who is a ready made replacement for clarke. also heard yesterday that liam harrington may be back at the norm minns oval in 09? anyone else in the know heard this one? and higgs set to stay at wang too. midfield core shaping up as mccormick smith allan higgs mullins d porter gannon kelly. very solid

Jungle drums continue to beat in regards to Brad Thomson returning to Wodonga.They may however as suggested need to replace two key forwards....

Someone from Wodonga FC
What has your main spearhead done to his arm/wrist ?
Seems it is heavily set in plaster at the minute.
Could this be tied in with previous post maybe about the same player.
anyone from WFC care to elaborate...

I believe he has a broken wrist,possibly sustained during an altercation with 4 members of the local constabulary.:confused:

With Schmidt now a confirmed departure from Corowa is the final five set before a ball is bounced?
Wang, Lavington, Wodonga, Albury and Yarra all look like good things to make the finals and the rest can please themselves I reckon.
Corowa will be the best team outside the five and Raiders could win seven games given how poor Myrtleford, Rovers and North Albury are all going to be this year.
Thoughts

A few of the 2009 Player Movements

Albury

In - Mackie, Carey, Hyde, Thompson, Daly

Out -

Corowa-Rutherglen

In - Ferraro, Oliver

Out - Schmidt, Ambrose, Eyers

Lavington

In - Neely, H Anderson

Out - C Anderson

Myrtleford

In - Jeffries

Out - Beams, Arnold, Purss/s, H Murray, G & N O'Brien, Evans

North Albury

In - N Holman, K Holman

Out - L Sims, A Brown

Wangaratta

In - Allan, Williamson, M Kelly, Gannon

Out - Lord, Cosgriff, Pell, Clarke, Kirby, Henry, Carmody, Trenfield

Wangaratta Rovers

In - Clingan, Britten, Ritchie, A Maguire

Out - Allan, Silver, N Hill, Webb, Christoforo

Wodonga

In - Raines, Bartel, J Gray

Out -

Wodonga Raiders

In - Doolan, Oates, Nichol, L Corcoran, O' Connell, M Sims, Mounsey

Out -

Yarrawonga

In - M Stevens, Barnes, Svarc, Tassel

Out - L Oswald, Carlyle

just reading the BM and north are saying they will fight to keep him as he's under contract. article also says north set to lose brandon ryan to milawa in the o&k

also in the BM matt kelly is heading back to wang after a couple of years at bright. tough nut who is a ready made replacement for clarke. also heard yesterday that liam harrington may be back at the norm minns oval in 09? anyone else in the know heard this one? and higgs set to stay at wang too. midfield core shaping up as mccormick smith allan higgs mullins d porter gannon kelly. very solid

Sorry to ne negative but there losses far outway there gains (as per above) you can not replace those guys who were the core of the clubs success. Also the players you are applauding such as Higgs,mullins and gannon (who?) and kelly (who?) are not top liners.. like mc cormick and maybe allan (struggles with tags but classy)

I suspect Matt Murray will be a loss to North and a gain to Raiders and I understand that Daniel Steinhauser will play again for the Raiders.

I suspect Matt Murray will be a loss to North and a gain to Raiders and I understand that Daniel Steinhauser will play again for the Raiders.

I hope they do pick up a couple of quality players as besides Doolan i am sick of reading about how they have been the big movers in recruiting etc. and reading such household names as the Upper Murray B&F;A basketballer etc.No disrespect to those guys but can't imagine them having a real big impact on the O&M

Sorry to ne negative but there losses far outway there gains (as per above) you can not replace those guys who were the core of the clubs success. Also the players you are applauding such as Higgs,mullins and gannon (who?) and kelly (who?) are not top liners.. like mc cormick and maybe allan (struggles with tags but classy)

The only thing wang currently lacks is a replacement to Kirby (yes, i know i huge hole to fill), John Henry is burning rings around the Norm Minns and might just strap on the leathers, and the midfield while losing clarke is still very strong with the addition of allen(yes i know i said i dont rate him but you cant tag out McCormick, Smith, Porter and him). Higgs is likely to be back and word on the street is they dont give thoose gf best on ground medals out for no reason, mullins is capible of kicking 40 odd off a flank. And for your info Winniepoo Gannon played bushies a few years ago and is "alrite", Kelly is a turbo dud will collect 35+ possies every game but if 3 hit a target hes had a blinder(o and m's versoin of Mark McGough). Harrington is talanted enough to fill the hole created by the loss of Treny also thayer and steel can fill the other defencisive gaps.... call me premature but Cheer, Cheer The Black And The White.................

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also can anyone please tell me why everybody seems to want to jump off the bandwagon lead by Travis (frig im a good bloke/i only lie when i feel the urge to be an obnoctious germ) Hodgson ???

I hope they do pick up a couple of quality players as besides Doolan i am sick of reading about how they have been the big movers in recruiting etc. and reading such household names as the Upper Murray B&F;A basketballer etc.No disrespect to those guys but can't imagine them having a real big impact on the O&M

hey wont wrong with the upper murray they have some good as player in there and wats wrong with bill nichol he would make it into any 1st side in the O&M

hey wont wrong with the upper murray they have some good as player in there and wats wrong with bill nichol he would make it into any 1st side in the O&M

I think 'switch the play' was implying your not going to recruit an OM elite player from the upper murray, its a fair point too.

The only thing wang currently lacks is a replacement to Kirby (yes, i know i huge hole to fill), John Henry is burning rings around the Norm Minns and might just strap on the leathers, and the midfield while losing clarke is still very strong with the addition of allen(yes i know i said i dont rate him but you cant tag out McCormick, Smith, Porter and him). Higgs is likely to be back and word on the street is they dont give thoose gf best on ground medals out for no reason, mullins is capible of kicking 40 odd off a flank. And for your info Winniepoo Gannon played bushies a few years ago and is "alrite", Kelly is a turbo dud will collect 35+ possies every game but if 3 hit a target hes had a blinder(o and m's versoin of Mark McGough). Harrington is talanted enough to fill the hole created by the loss of Treny also thayer and steel can fill the other defencisive gaps.... call me premature but Cheer, Cheer The Black And The White.................

good summary mac. loss of kirby leaves a gaping hole - will hoops have to ruck with support from maybe aumann? other losses are all more than coverable - cosgriff by steel/thayer, clarke/pell/lord/trenfield by allen/harrington/gannon/kelly/craven and increased responsibility on the likes of solimo and canny, and henry by williamson up forward. if indeed the old man doesn't feel the urge to pull on the boots again as you suggest?

as you say it will be a difficult assigment trying to quell the wang midfield. word on the street is also that d porter is over the knee injury that limited him last year and is burning on the training track?

also any more news on whether the coach's brother may be pulling on the black and white stripes in 09?

article also says north set to lose brandon ryan to milawa in the o&k

heard last night that he is as good as signed with Milawa..

I don't know about being the big movers but thay have been active. There has been some decent quality - Doolan speaks for himself, Corcoran is an O&M rep while O'Connell and Sims have played a bit of O&M footy. Mounsey is meant to go OK and if Matt Murray has signed then its fair to say they have been active. They wont be world beaters but should improve.

yes wang might be up there agin but you have to rember how albury have recruited and wodonga wont far off the pace they could just about win it this year

yes wang might be up there agin but you have to rember how albury have recruited and wodonga wont far off the pace they could just about win it this year

Everyone seems to overlook Lavi. Having a gun like Neely in the midfield won't harm their chances. Yarra are also going to be competitive.

Everyone seems to overlook Lavi. Having a gun like Neely in the midfield won't harm their chances. Yarra are also going to be competitive.
yes have to agree there you can say wangaratta are going to hav a good midfeild but you have to rember lavi will have a good one and also yarra with drew barnes and mich stevens onboard that is also going to be able to compete against the best

I don't know about being the big movers but thay have been active. There has been some decent quality - Doolan speaks for himself, Corcoran is an O&M rep while O'Connell and Sims have played a bit of O&M footy. Mounsey is meant to go OK and if Matt Murray has signed then its fair to say they have been active. They wont be world beaters but should improve.

Agree they won't be world beaters, but will improve slightly.
And the Border Mail jumps on every new recruit and splashes it on the back page just to beef up the sports pages.

Agree about Lavi - expect them to be top 3 with Albury and Wang. Not convinced about the Bulldogs given the new CHF has apparently headed back to the mines in WA and Bradshaws injury concerns and recent problems with law enforcement officers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back