Not open for further replies.
tips for round 2.
lavington to beat corowa by 26
wangaratta to beat wodonga by 16
albury to beat raiders by 46
yarrawonga to beat rovers by 28
north albury to beat myrtleford by 88

Can anyone tell me anything about Lance Arnold from Lavington,
just wondering as he has put in a clearance from Lavington to Finley, and I haven't heard much about him before.
Is he any good?
What position does he play etc?

thanks

played mostly as a back pocket/flank in the 3rds last year....struggled to get on the ground later on in the year when our 3rds were at full strength....wouldnt have thought he would play senior footy anywhere

The site is crap, but it's not really the O&Ms fault. It's all controlled by some mob calling themselves myfootyweb or sporting pulse, something like that. It's not just the O&M, it's junior footy and country footy also, to get the goal kickers and best players, you have to register (it's free), but you have to muck around a bit more to get to where you want to be. I don't know why people frig around with a system that isn't broken, and i'm sure the clowns that create these sites have no concept of what and how things need to be displayed.:thumbsdown:

Being a full-time worker in football, I can tell you a couple of things about the reasoning behind, and the end result of the O&M Website.

The old website was run by a mob called Interfuse they were paid by the VCFL to do all the websites, stats keeping, clearances etc for all affiliated leagues.

In the last few years the AFL has been working with Sporting Pulse developing its own web-based admin tool with a view to making it uniform across the whole code. myFootyweb is the name of the new product.

There was obviously some resistance by VCFL and its affiliates seeing that it had already spent a large amount of time and money setting up its own system. In the end no one can really tell the AFL to 'piss off' so the VCFL was forced to move with the times.

Looking from the AFL's point of view, with a uniform way of gathering and analysing information allows it to make better strategic decisions across all parts of the game. All mainstream sports are working in the same direction with Cricket Australia having a particularly good net-based stats network.

In the end it also saves the VCFL money because its the AFL forking out for the maintenance and updating of the system.

The Footyweb system is still only new and there are still many flaws in the system. I have been privy to conversations with the developers and they are working on improving it. I have been using the system for the last 12 months and have already seen improvements. Give it some time and it will become more user-friendly.

Strong whisper around Bira Park thet Daniel Stienhauser will be returning next week unless he wins the Stawell Gift.

Raider boy may b able 2 confirm or deny this whisper.

From the outside looking in..

Just thought i'd throw in my two bob.
Headed down to the border from Sydney with my girl for the Easter weekend, did the family thing, and managed to twist her arm to drop into Birralee Park for my first look at O & M footy, Raiders v Tigers. I must say, although i knew the standard was very high (independently recognised as best country league, am i right?) it was certainly an eye opener to watch, so fast and clean, some of those blokes, especially the younger, slight framed fellas didn't hold back, was a pleasure to experience.
After half time, i thought i might as well get a bit of merchandise to remember my trip, so i found the first bloke in a Raiders shirt i could see and asked him, more than helpful, took me & the missus into the members area (nothing like that up here, excellent facilities) and got a shirt and was told to make myself at home in the pavillion, apart from sitting in the wrong seat and having some old duck chastise us for sitting there, was a great experience, and hats off to the Raiders people for their hospitality, will be returning for another look when i get the chance.
Totally off the subject, i know, but just wanted to post it anyway.

Re: From the outside looking in..

Just thought i'd throw in my two bob.
Headed down to the border from Sydney with my girl for the Easter weekend, did the family thing, and managed to twist her arm to drop into Birralee Park for my first look at O & M footy, Raiders v Tigers. I must say, although i knew the standard was very high (independently recognised as best country league, am i right?) it was certainly an eye opener to watch, so fast and clean, some of those blokes, especially the younger, slight framed fellas didn't hold back, was a pleasure to experience.
After half time, i thought i might as well get a bit of merchandise to remember my trip, so i found the first bloke in a Raiders shirt i could see and asked him, more than helpful, took me & the missus into the members area (nothing like that up here, excellent facilities) and got a shirt and was told to make myself at home in the pavillion, apart from sitting in the wrong seat and having some old duck chastise us for sitting there, was a great experience, and hats off to the Raiders people for their hospitality, will be returning for another look when i get the chance.
Totally off the subject, i know, but just wanted to post it anyway.

Sounds like you were treated very well by the Raiders, good PR by them, but as far as the game went, it was actually a pretty scrappy affair, and a bit sloppy skill-wise. Last week Albury v Wangaratta was as good a game as you would see, certainly finals quality, but given the standard of those 2 sides it's understandable. Myrtleford aside, the comp is as star laden as it's been for many, many years.

Also encouraging for the Tigers, was the form of Fowler, he dominated the forward line, and with the disposal coming inside the 50 this season, could be in line to get close to the 100 goal mark. Not bad for a bloke that's been written off by a few people in the past couple of seasons.

Out we come, out we come....
Four points in the bag, how many did raiders have got?
zip, zero, zilch.
And guess wot you've got half our side and still couldn't win.
When is Matt Murray going to play?
Big mistake Matty, stick with the strength at Hopper Park.
We'll smash Myrleford this week and be 2-0 and looking at Albury today they will pump you blokes by 100 plus.

what and ordinary bloke you must be.

Was up at the river over easter and went alont to the Raiders v Albury game and had great time and watch some good footy. While Albury certainly looked a cut above Raiders were not disgraced. Cook(number 6) was an absolute standout for the Raiders at CHF. Looked to me that for a side you seem to think is useless have a couple of bloody good key forwards in it.

Was up at the river over easter and went alont to the Raiders v Albury game and had great time and watch some good footy. While Albury certainly looked a cut above Raiders were not disgraced. Cook(number 6) was an absolute standout for the Raiders at CHF. Looked to me that for a side you seem to think is useless have a couple of bloody good key forwards in it.

Unfortunately for the Raiders, and I mean no disrespect to all the players, but that's about all they've got

O&M Squad

Anyone know when the O&M squad will be announced. Should be a pretty fair side this year, particularly the midfield.

Unfortunately for the Raiders, and I mean no disrespect to all the players, but that's about all they've got

Mate the backhanded compliment/slap we no longer care about.
Tip against us at your own peril, we have shown that we are no longer pushovers.....................................................................................

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The raiders might want to keep cook well hidden, was due for a court appearence in Darwin , and was a no show, so think there may be a warrent out for his arrest

At the game on saturday and thought it was a great match. Albury are a good side but Raiders were not disgraced at all. For a side with only a few good forwards then they didn't do too bad.... They will only improve.

tips for round 3.
LAVINGTON VS myrlteford by 68
ALBURY VS wodonga by 24
WANGARATTA vs north albury by 31
wang rovers VS COROWA RUTHERGLEN BY 7PTS
YARRAWONGA VS wodonga raiders by 18

the corowa and rovers match is a real toss of the coin i belive, i expect wodonga to push albury, with the tigers having a touch more class, wangaratta will bring north albury back down with an easy victory... yarrawonga will beat an improving wodonga raiders line up after a struggle for most of the day... and the panthers will do just enough for a ten goal victory over the saints under lights...

tips for round 3.
ALBURY VS wodonga by 24

the corowa and rovers match is a real toss of the coin i belive, i expect wodonga to push albury, with the tigers having a touch more class, wangaratta will bring north albury back down with an easy victory... yarrawonga will beat an improving wodonga raiders line up after a struggle for most of the day... and the panthers will do just enough for a ten goal victory over the saints under lights...
Lavingotn will beat myrt by more than 68

tips for round 3.
ALBURY VS wodonga by 24

agree with most altho i think rovers will beat c/r at home. and lavi will beat myrt by 3 figures. alb v wod the match of the round for mine

bit of news at the norm minns oval too - a little birdy tells me wang's big man stocks may be about to receive a boost with the impending return of mark mcinerney. would be a good get as back up to hooper in the ruck but can also play key defence if required

i had mail late last night that wodonga raiders had actually won the clearance wrangle over matt murray despite what the paper said today... he wont play today, but expect to see him in a red and blue jumper very shortly... lets see what happens if im proved wrong i will apologise...

I am new here but i was at the Yarra match on the weekend i loved the game but i am at a loss to why the Yarra players seem to be not looking for their new recurit Keenan, he did kick a 100 goals in the WRFL last year.

To me if Yarra want to keep him next year the players should let him in the match as he could easily kick another 100 goals this year.

Thats my 2 cents.

I am new here but i was at the Yarra match on the weekend i loved the game but i am at a loss to why the Yarra players seem to be not looking for their new recurit Keenan, he did kick a 100 goals in the WRFL last year.

To me if Yarra want to keep him next year the players should let him in the match as he could easily kick another 100 goals this year.

Thats my 2 cents.

Keenan, is nothing more that "Crackers Son"!!

word is the wodonga vs. albury game was first class on the weekend - dogs looked the goods but turned it over a few too many times. by all reports mackie is killing it - shir ran through him at one stage but they reckon he was unstoppable - league B&F early favourite?

word is the wodonga vs. albury game was first class on the weekend - dogs looked the goods but turned it over a few too many times. by all reports mackie is killing it - shir ran through him at one stage but they reckon he was unstoppable - league B&F early favourite?

Best player in the comp at the moment, and can't see a reason why that will change. Love him or hate him, this bloke is a gun and to think he was running around for Jindera last season is staggering.

All due respect to the great man at Wangaratta, and Jon Mc has been no slouch so far this season, but Mackie takes his body to places where angels fear to tread, not once, but time and time again. The hit he took from Shir was massive, even 30-40 metres away in the crowd, it made you flinch, put him down for a good 30 seconds or so, gathered himself and was back into the action.

Even this early, it's hard to see the initials JM not being at the top of the Morris Medal Board, only time will tell us if it's J. Mackie or J. McCormick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back