Ovens and Murray Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best player in the comp at the moment, and can't see a reason why that will change. Love him or hate him, this bloke is a gun and to think he was running around for Jindera last season is staggering.

All due respect to the great man at Wangaratta, and Jon Mc has been no slouch so far this season, but Mackie takes his body to places where angels fear to tread, not once, but time and time again. The hit he took from Shir was massive, even 30-40 metres away in the crowd, it made you flinch, put him down for a good 30 seconds or so, gathered himself and was back into the action.

Even this early, it's hard to see the initials JM not being at the top of the Morris Medal Board, only time will tell us if it's J. Mackie or J. McCormick

Yeah Heard JM was carving it up. Good to see fitting in well at the tigers, But...

Hopper McCormick gathered 22 and 3 goals in a qtr??!! is this correct? if so, i think he earns the no.1 spot in the O+M! not just because of this qtr but he gets tagged everyweek and averages 45 touches a game! been doin it for yrs....not just 3 weeks!

Best player in the comp at the moment, and can't see a reason why that will change. Love him or hate him, this bloke is a gun and to think he was running around for Jindera last season is staggering.

All due respect to the great man at Wangaratta, and Jon Mc has been no slouch so far this season, but Mackie takes his body to places where angels fear to tread, not once, but time and time again. The hit he took from Shir was massive, even 30-40 metres away in the crowd, it made you flinch, put him down for a good 30 seconds or so, gathered himself and was back into the action.

Even this early, it's hard to see the initials JM not being at the top of the Morris Medal Board, only time will tell us if it's J. Mackie or J. McCormick

very early to be saying that JM will be atop the morris medal leader board....there is a bloke running around named Bill Neely... he had 33 touches to half time and finished the game with 46 and kicked 5 and sat out most of the last quarter..

i know it was only myrtleford but still a pretty good performance...and has been good in the first 2 games aswell....

should be a mouth watering match up this week with McCormick v Neely

Well i wasn't far wrong in regards to Wodonga's "recruit" Stickers Grey.Be interesting which club drops it's pants out the bush and recruits him.Obviously whichever club gets him isn't looking in "the good bloke category"-actually they won't even be looking in the "good player".Expect more headlines from him in 09.He's very Jerry Seinfeldish-a story really about nothing....

Well i wasn't far wrong in regards to Wodonga's "recruit" Stickers Grey.Be interesting which club drops it's pants out the bush and recruits him.Obviously whichever club gets him isn't looking in "the good bloke category"-actually they won't even be looking in the "good player".Expect more headlines from him in 09.He's very Jerry Seinfeldish-a story really about nothing....

Sounds like his f*#ked your missus.

Yeah Heard JM was carving it up. Good to see fitting in well at the tigers, But...

Hopper McCormick gathered 22 and 3 goals in a qtr??!! is this correct? if so, i think he earns the no.1 spot in the O+M! not just because of this qtr but he gets tagged everyweek and averages 45 touches a game! been doin it for yrs....not just 3 weeks!

Don't get me wrong, McCormick is and has been the yard stick in this comp for many years now, and i've watched him in a few games where it's been reported that he had 40-odd possession, to be honest I thought he'd had a lot less, high 20s at most. If I and maybe others haven't noticed half the possies, there's a fair chance, the umps haven't either.

From what i've seen of Mackie, if he gets 25 possessions, you notice everyone, because of the impact they have.

Regardless of all this, the added quality in the comp this season is fantastic for the game, there's a real buzz around the O&M that hasn't been seen or heard for quite a few years.

very early to be saying that JM will be atop the morris medal leader board....there is a bloke running around named Bill Neely... he had 33 touches to half time and finished the game with 46 and kicked 5 and sat out most of the last quarter..

i know it was only myrtleford but still a pretty good performance...and has been good in the first 2 games aswell....

should be a mouth watering match up this week with McCormick v Neely
bill neely is a freak, he has been the best player in the actafl for years, he will only get better

Don't get me wrong, McCormick is and has been the yard stick in this comp for many years now, and i've watched him in a few games where it's been reported that he had 40-odd possession, to be honest I thought he'd had a lot less, high 20s at most. If I and maybe others haven't noticed half the possies, there's a fair chance, the umps haven't either.

From what i've seen of Mackie, if he gets 25 possessions, you notice everyone, because of the impact they have.

Regardless of all this, the added quality in the comp this season is fantastic for the game, there's a real buzz around the O&M that hasn't been seen or heard for quite a few years.

couldn't agree more the quality of the league across the board is the best it has been for a while. doesn't appear to be much between albury, wodonga and wang based on their early season meetings. the challenge now is for those 3 to get to sept fit and healthy and it could be some finals series. lavi and yarra also add interest to the mix but could maybe be a touch behind the top 3 based on what we have seen so far?

tips for round 4..
rovers to beat myrlteford easily...
albury to turn it on and belt north albury.
wodonga to beat raiders in a good game.
yarrawonga to make it four zip, with a win against corowa...
and lavy to beat wang in a nail- biter in the grand final replay... should be a ripper of a match....

tips for round 4..
rovers to beat myrlteford easily...
albury to turn it on and belt north albury.
wodonga to beat raiders in a good game.
yarrawonga to make it four zip, with a win against corowa...
and lavy to beat wang in a nail- biter in the grand final replay... should be a ripper of a match....

I agree with this but I think Wang may get up.

At the game on saturday and thought it was a great match. Albury are a good side but Raiders were not disgraced at all. For a side with only a few good forwards then they didn't do too bad.... They will only improve.

Raiders played a sh*tfull game Vs Wodonga.

Nobody played well on the weekend but hopefully they can come back. I could not say one person played a great game but one thing is for sure Lambert needs to stop wasting his efforts on the "Big recruit" of DJ Oates. He is a lazy, non defensive pressure player, he needs to be dropped into the seconds and given a good lession about being an OM footy player.

For those who stayed behind and watched the thirds play - maybe lambert should have put them against the senior wodonga sqad. at least then they would have had an excuse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Raiders played a sh*tfull game Vs Wodonga.

Nobody played well on the weekend but hopefully they can come back. I could not say one person played a great game but one thing is for sure Lambert needs to stop wasting his efforts on the "Big recruit" of DJ Oates. He is a lazy, non defensive pressure player, he needs to be dropped into the seconds and given a good lession about being an OM footy player.

For those who stayed behind and watched the thirds play - maybe lambert should have put them against the senior wodonga sqad. at least then they would have had an excuse.

Dont worry Raiders will come up with excuses anyway!!
Across the border how was the game between Albury and North Albury?
who were the best players for both sides??

Dont worry Raiders will come up with excuses anyway!!
Across the border how was the game between Albury and North Albury?
who were the best players for both sides??

Don't worry Wizards, we don't have any excuses. They played like Shi*t.

2009 SS&A O&M Interleague Football Squad

Albury Shaun Daly, Matthew Fowler, Charles Gaylard, Jay Koehler, Joel Mackie, Daniel Maher, Calan McClay.
Corowa-Rutherglen Sam Carpenter, David Clark, Rob Ferraro, Chris Oliver, Jake Ryan, Jamie Seymour.
Lavington Myles Aalbers, Hamish Anderson, Luke Garland, Bill Neely, Matthew Pendergast, Kade Stevens.
Myrtleford Josh Chapman.
North Albury James Brain, Rob Hodgson, Dan Leslie, Matt McDonald.
Wangaratta Jamie Allan, Liam Harrington, Michael Hooper, Luke Mullins, Judd Porter, Jesse Smith.
Wangaratta Rovers Tas Clingan, Tyson Hartwig, Andrew Hill, Karl Norman
Wodonga Darren Bradshaw, Brett Doswell, Nathan Laracy, Brett Lewington, Nicholas Raines, Matt Shir, Jarrod Twitt, Josh Walker.
Wodonga Raiders Adam Cook, Mark Doolan, Adam Prior.
Yarrawonga Kyle Archibald, Drew Barnes, Craig Ednie, Xavier Leslie, Scott Oswald, Michael Stevens, Daniel Thomson, Matt Wollington.

The squad will train on the following dates:
Wednesday 6th May at John Foord Oval Corowa
Wednesday 13th May at John Flower Oval Wodonga
Sunday 17th May at Wangaratta Leisure Centre
Wednesday 20th May at Lavington Panthers Oval

They are playing the Goulburn Valley League at Shepparton on Sunday May 24.
Gee, talk about torn.
I've spent a fair bit of time living in Shepp recently (go the Bears, great blokes lol, United are scum), but have recently moved back up here (haven't been able to get along for a game yet :().. I guess that means the allegiance lies with the O&M :cool: Lookin forward to having a chat about local footy with you guys. Carntha Hoppers...

2009 SS&A O&M Interleague Football Squad

Albury Shaun Daly, Matthew Fowler, Charles Gaylard, Jay Koehler, Joel Mackie, Daniel Maher, Calan McClay.
Corowa-Rutherglen Sam Carpenter, David Clark, Rob Ferraro, Chris Oliver, Jake Ryan, Jamie Seymour.
Lavington Myles Aalbers, Hamish Anderson, Luke Garland, Bill Neely, Matthew Pendergast, Kade Stevens.
Myrtleford Josh Chapman.
North Albury James Brain, Rob Hodgson, Dan Leslie, Matt McDonald.
Wangaratta Jamie Allan, Liam Harrington, Michael Hooper, Luke Mullins, Judd Porter, Jesse Smith.
Wangaratta Rovers Tas Clingan, Tyson Hartwig, Andrew Hill, Karl Norman
Wodonga Darren Bradshaw, Brett Doswell, Nathan Laracy, Brett Lewington, Nicholas Raines, Matt Shir, Jarrod Twitt, Josh Walker.
Wodonga Raiders Adam Cook, Mark Doolan, Adam Prior.
Yarrawonga Kyle Archibald, Drew Barnes, Craig Ednie, Xavier Leslie, Scott Oswald, Michael Stevens, Daniel Thomson, Matt Wollington.

The squad will train on the following dates:
Wednesday 6th May at John Foord Oval Corowa
Wednesday 13th May at John Flower Oval Wodonga
Sunday 17th May at Wangaratta Leisure Centre
Wednesday 20th May at Lavington Panthers Oval

Quite suprised to see Robbie didnt put himself in as a playing coach..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back