Ovens and Murray Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Myrtleford looking to join Tallangatta and District next year.Secondly-there is a whole lot of fuss about Matt Murray who let's be honest wouldn't be in the top 60 players in the league.First thing Matt needs to do is dispose of his brothers St Kilda gear he seems to have on at every oppoprtunity.Senior player yes;but a flanker pinch hitter not a back page story as often as he has been.Move on after tommorow i reckon.

Matt actually played at a Lavi for a while as a young Blue, and left to play with north when derek came home. He prob did go through most of his juniors at north but left when he got near bushrangers age. Good to see he'll at least be playing this year though.

I'd reckon north's nose isn't entirely clean when it comes to "enticing players with large sums of cash" over the last 10 years either.

I'm not a huge fan of either Raiders or North, but at least the boys from birrallee are prepared to stick around for a beer after a game - win, lose or draw.
I'm not sure if things have changed, but from my experience i can't say the same for the majority of the hoppers players of the last decade or so, even at their home games.

Pretty sure Matty and alan played most of their junior footy with Thurgoona, then went to Lavi for under 18's and when Derek came back he went to North.

What sort of message is North Albury sending to its second teir players pushing for selection that a player who went to arbitration to get away from the club can walk straight back into senior footy. Its more about the culture at North Albury IMO

How sweet it is............
The Mighty Hoppers in the five and Raiders zip 6.
Matty might not have played today, Dan "The Man" Leslie turned on a clinic instead and beat the poor old Raiders by himself.
Let's hear the excuses from the boys from Birallee Park about this result.

How sweet it is............
The Mighty Hoppers in the five and Raiders zip 6.
Matty might not have played today, Dan "The Man" Leslie turned on a clinic instead and beat the poor old Raiders by himself.
Let's hear the excuses from the boys from Birallee Park about this result.

No excuses from Birallee Park, we played bloody awful ! The pressure on the midfield and just about everywhere was very prominent.

Dan Leslie was sensational and had it put out in front of him on a number of occasions.

On a bright note our 3rds and seconds won well so the depth is getting better and that's a worrying thing fror North as they have little coming through.

We all took our medicine from the local Nth galahs and will continue to but hey that's what clubs are all about.

On the Murray situation Nth must be very worried having him there just for the remaining games, if you pick a guy to play you have to ask why did he not play at all ?????

And finally Dustbin we might be 0-6 but as a club is proud and stong and will bounce back, but you and your club will always be hated di*kheads !

P.S. Were you the one with the big mouth ???

No excuses from Birallee Park, we played bloody awful ! The pressure on the midfield and just about everywhere was very prominent.

Dan Leslie was sensational and had it put out in front of him on a number of occasions.

On a bright note our 3rds and seconds won well so the depth is getting better and that's a worrying thing fror North as they have little coming through.

We all took our medicine from the local Nth galahs and will continue to but hey that's what clubs are all about.

On the Murray situation Nth must be very worried having him there just for the remaining games, if you pick a guy to play you have to ask why did he not play at all ?????

And finally Dustbin we might be 0-6 but as a club is proud and stong and will bounce back, but you and your club will always be hated di*kheads !

Ok Dan Leslie is the best player going around in the ovens and murray, to kick 8.8 yesterday is an achievement imagine if he kicked straight!

And the reason matty didnt play is because Raiders turned to Blackmail and told him if he played against the raiders he wouldnt have a job! what a joke, poor excuse for a footy club.... yeah and you guys say your proud and strong and will bounce back but its been said for years but nothing has changed since Christin Macri left the club has gone down hill.. raiders need a complete clean out of the people behind the scences and then they might become strong and proud at the moment its going no where..

Nah mate, I was the well behaved one.
We're you the one with L for Loser imprinted on your forehead?
What has happened to Mark Doolan?
He is not a patch on the player he was a coupe of years ago judging by his efforts yesterday.
Is he carrying an injury?

Ok Dan Leslie is the best player going around in the ovens and murray, to kick 8.8 yesterday is an achievement imagine if he kicked straight!

And the reason matty didnt play is because Raiders turned to Blackmail and told him if he played against the raiders he wouldnt have a job! what a joke, poor excuse for a footy club.... yeah and you guys say your proud and strong and will bounce back but its been said for years but nothing has changed since Christin Macri left the club has gone down hill.. raiders need a complete clean out of the people behind the scences and then they might become strong and proud at the moment its going no where..

Wizards: I agree Dan Leslie had a great day and is probably the best player going around.

But what a ridiculas comment about Raiders Blackmailing Matty. You would have to be one of those North w***ers! Matty was well liked and welcomed at the club and to say any club would do that is petty. Anyway I am sure if you had 3 Job interviews lined up before you should have been able to get him a new job, so why didn't you play him?... You may have a few wins on the board but you are far from a Top side.

Raiders played like shit and made you lot look a lot better than you really are.

Just wondering what your criteria is for deciding which is the "most hated club in the league". North has been involved in 5 grand finals in the past 10 years, this Saturday is Pink Day...a Breast Cancer fund raising initiative started by the 'Hoppers several years ago and now being adopted by the VCFL. Perhaps you were confusing hate with envy when you surveyed the people living in your cave. Matt Murray is a North Albury player, always has been. He wanted to go to the appropriately named "raiders" for lots more cash...no other reason than that. North had 5 job interviews lined up for him but he didn't attend any of them because of the cash incentives and promises of "we'll get you cleared" from your club. I fail to see how raiders gain any respect from anyone...your club should be ashamed with the way Steven Clarke gets in the paper saying things like it would be "poor form" to play Matt Murray. The only poor form is the way he & his club conducts itself....their development program consists of enticing North Albury players with large sums cash....always has been, the first signing they made when they came into the league was North Albury Morris Medalist Rudy Yonson for an offer he couldn't refuse and it has continued ever since. Adam Prior only cares about Adam Prior as evidenced when he left his Wanderers teamates on the eve of the finals and last week when the game was in the balance got sent off and probably cost you a win....how much will it hurt this week? After an extensive "Australia wide" search for a coach who did you come up with? You guessed it, former North Albury coach Corey Lambert. You certainly have a huge fascination with North Albury, it's players and coaches for a club who, in your opinion, is the most hated in the league.

ouch!!! Game, Set & Match

Wizards: I agree Dan Leslie had a great day and is probably the best player going around.

But what a ridiculas comment about Raiders Blackmailing Matty. You would have to be one of those North w***ers! Matty was well liked and welcomed at the club and to say any club would do that is petty. Anyway I am sure if you had 3 Job interviews lined up before you should have been able to get him a new job, so why didn't you play him?... You may have a few wins on the board but you are far from a Top side.

Raiders played like shit and made you lot look a lot better than you really are.

Lambert really needs to go back to the table this week and have alook at all his players. DJ Oates has been given alot of lives this season by Corey but i think the time has come to drop him and a few other poor performers of the club. I think if raiders play like they did on the weekend against mytleford they face another loss.
If raiders don't start turning things around i fear that their supporters may leave the club and go support a winning team. It has been a long time between any wins.

In terms of black mailing Matty - i have heard it is true!!!! Also heard that North offered to pay him the first 5 games he missed to play against raiders - as well as his normal match payment...
There was funny business going on from both sides... but matt should have some respect for not only raiders but himself to choose not to play but it had to be forced..... Shows he is only after the money!!!!

And North need to pull their heads in.... their seconds got smashed by raiders (179 point win)

Not sure that's totally correct, sure there seems to be a lack of depth in the reserve grade side, but the 3rds arn't travelling to badly, and before you say they're a few years off, they have blooded at least 3 3rds players already this season, and looking back through the Border Mails liftout, have 3 kids listed with the Bushrangers, from what I can gather their thirds has quite a few bottom age players, so the future isn't all that bad perhaps.

Lambert really needs to go back to the table this week and have alook at all his players. DJ Oates has been given alot of lives this season by Corey but i think the time has come to drop him and a few other poor performers of the club. I think if raiders play like they did on the weekend against mytleford they face another loss.
If raiders don't start turning things around i fear that their supporters may leave the club and go support a winning team. It has been a long time between any wins.

In terms of black mailing Matty - i have heard it is true!!!! Also heard that North offered to pay him the first 5 games he missed to play against raiders - as well as his normal match payment...
There was funny business going on from both sides... but matt should have some respect for not only raiders but himself to choose not to play but it had to be forced..... Shows he is only after the money!!!!

And North need to pull their heads in.... their seconds got smashed by raiders (179 point win)

Raiders officials and supporters certainly talked themselves up, some had Radiers winning 8 games (Rovers, Corowa, Nth, Mrytleford). What recruits apart from DJ Oates did the new coach bring to the club. Luke Martin left the ground thru injury on Saturday and was seen leaving the ground prior to the game finishing - not a good look. There are a few grumblings with 3 -4 fringe senior players looking elsewhere, don't be surprised if there are a few clearances placed in the next couple of weeks. Raiders will also be without, Brendan Way, Leigh and Reece Corcoran this week due to a family wedding so Myrtleford might rate themselves.

Raiders officials and supporters certainly talked themselves up, some had Radiers winning 8 games (Rovers, Corowa, Nth, Mrytleford). What recruits apart from DJ Oates did the new coach bring to the club. Luke Martin left the ground thru injury on Saturday and was seen leaving the ground prior to the game finishing - not a good look. There are a few grumblings with 3 -4 fringe senior players looking elsewhere, don't be surprised if there are a few clearances placed in the next couple of weeks. Raiders will also be without, Brendan Way, Leigh and Reece Corcoran this week due to a family wedding so Myrtleford might rate themselves.

I wouldn't even call DJ Oates a good recruit. He has shown me nothing this year on why he should be playing O&M footy. I was shocked when Storey got dropped for Oates last week considering Storey has been one of their better player's for the last 5 years or so.

Report is that Jarrod Garropic (unsure how to spell his name) broke his thumb and is also in doubt.....not too sure if its true though. So 4 players are already out for this wk. Looks like the odds for mytleford just increased!!! Time will tell.

Sorry lads but well and truly over the Matt Murray saga, someone give me something else???
Has Spargo let off with one of his famous sprays???
Is Cal McClay still a virgin??
Could Mark Doolans poor form be because he left his assest boyfriend Nathan Mossop in Perth???

Give me something!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just wondering what your criteria is for deciding which is the "most hated club in the league". North has been involved in 5 grand finals in the past 10 years, this Saturday is Pink Day...a Breast Cancer fund raising initiative started by the 'Hoppers several years ago and now being adopted by the VCFL. Perhaps you were confusing hate with envy when you surveyed the people living in your cave. Matt Murray is a North Albury player, always has been. He wanted to go to the appropriately named "raiders" for lots more cash...no other reason than that. North had 5 job interviews lined up for him but he didn't attend any of them because of the cash incentives and promises of "we'll get you cleared" from your club. I fail to see how raiders gain any respect from anyone...your club should be ashamed with the way Steven Clarke gets in the paper saying things like it would be "poor form" to play Matt Murray. The only poor form is the way he & his club conducts itself....their development program consists of enticing North Albury players with large sums cash....always has been, the first signing they made when they came into the league was North Albury Morris Medalist Rudy Yonson for an offer he couldn't refuse and it has continued ever since. Adam Prior only cares about Adam Prior as evidenced when he left his Wanderers teamates on the eve of the finals and last week when the game was in the balance got sent off and probably cost you a win....how much will it hurt this week? After an extensive "Australia wide" search for a coach who did you come up with? You guessed it, former North Albury coach Corey Lambert. You certainly have a huge fascination with North Albury, it's players and coaches for a club who, in your opinion, is the most hated in the league.

Very informative post Merv. Was Steven Clarke once at North also?It will be interesting to see if people from raiderland have a reply. I actuly like Raiders and North but don't follow either but the biggest issue to come out of this is player loyalty.
Matt is a fine example of what is wrong with this "modern" game. If it wasn't for greedy players and coaches we would not be seeing the amount of clubs constantly under pressure such as Myrtleford. The AFL needs to take part of the resposibilty for this as they are thre greediest bastards of all.

dan leslie the best player in the league? please

enough about the sides that will be on their end of season trips when the whips are cracking in sept and their petty disputes over clearances for average players

let's talk some footy and some gossip. how about yarra? they are back in town this year big time. pretty quiet over the pre season but they have turned up in fine order for the season proper. can't wait for them to play albury, having seen both of them play wang i reckon it will be a great contest. don't think there will be much between them. despite being 3-3 wang are not far behind either of them having gone down to both in close ones. shaping up as the best finals series for a few years with 3 geniune top notch sides going around and wod and lavi capable of surprising any of them on a given day

now for some gossip - anyone got the low down on the real reasons for jake ryan leaving c/r? flowerpower do you still peruse this board? you must be a crestfallen man with your love child j ryan on the move from john foord oval

DanielJohns, sure Raiders officials and supporters talked themselves up for about 8 wins, isn't that what you do between having a beer and a chat ?

And they were all winable apart from Nth last week, throw in a good performence against Yarra and apart from the Wodonga and Nth debarkles we have improved, but we know it is still not good enough.

Don't know about the grumblings (you seem to know a lot maybe you can name them) and the rest you said I and others agree with..............

Sorry lads but well and truly over the Matt Murray saga, someone give me something else???
Has Spargo let off with one of his famous sprays???
Is Cal McClay still a virgin??
Could Mark Doolans poor form be because he left his assest boyfriend Nathan Mossop in Perth???

Give me something!!
hi bumblebee yes i think cal is a virgin, when i played with him at batemans bay we organised a lap dance for him but he once again fell asleep..... on footy and seriously, i hope cal makes the final cut tin the rep team, he must be going ok at albury this year, anyone know what his younger bigger brother is doing footy wise. also is tim hargraves still at yarra

DanielJohns, sure Raiders officials and supporters talked themselves up for about 8 wins, isn't that what you do between having a beer and a chat ?

And they were all winable apart from Nth last week, throw in a good performence against Yarra and apart from the Wodonga and Nth debarkles we have improved, but we know it is still not good enough.

Don't know about the grumblings (you seem to know a lot maybe you can name them) and the rest you said I and others agree with..............
Garrantee 1 senior player from the last 2 weeks wont be playing again for the raiders due to lack of ground time and opportunity in a side that despite as you say good performances are still yet to win a game, we all know we are judged on wins not near misses and the coach should be taking some of the heat, it seems that some of the early scribes were correct in the recruiting it seems there a a lot of B graders with DJ Oates the favorite sun not fireing a shot and looking well and truly out of his depth.Maybe they should have stuck with the 2 favorite sons as coaches if they were to keep rebulding would be a lot happier playng list

The season so far - Albury are doing the business; Raiders are not; Myrtleford will soon go the way of the dinosaurs; Wodonga and Yarra are in decent nick, the rest are squabbling over the remaining finals scraps.

Lets get to the big issues - ugliest bloke at each club, hottest netballer and best watering hole in each town.

The season so far - Albury are doing the business; Raiders are not; Myrtleford will soon go the way of the dinosaurs; Wodonga and Yarra are in decent nick, the rest are squabbling over the remaining finals scraps.

Lets get to the big issues - ugliest bloke at each club, hottest netballer and best watering hole in each town.

Pitty Paul Kirby has left the league. Hottest netballer - B or E O'Kane. Best pub - anyone thats not in wodonga

Pitty Paul Kirby has left the league. Hottest netballer - B or E O'Kane. Best pub - anyone thats not in wodonga

Not sure if he still plays but Ross Hill would have to be a big chance.

Few Yarra girls would be in the running on the female side of things.

Best Pub - Anywhere without Pokies.

Massive loss for corowa at this time with ryan leaving, seems strange that 'work commitments' have been the reason at this stage in a season, whats this referring to?

I reckon Myrtleford is a fair team effort for the blokes, never was into bearded blokes with no dental attention.

Hottest netballer would have to be Bec Diddy from corowa.

Best Pub after the game apart from the dozen you can go to on the way back from myrtleford would have to be the carriers arms in wodonga. i like associating with people that have half brothers and kids that are also uncles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back