Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, Brett McNamara has come to Geelong to play for Newtown.

Howd he go last Year??? and how did Myrtleford go???

Good Player, Hard nut type that Myrt will miss this year.

Can anyone tell me what sort of player Sean Logie is from Wang last year i think?

Can anyone confirm that Myrtleford have signed another player from West Perth?
Heard snippet on news. Apparantly played with Fitzpatrick and Brad and Mark Murray In perth few years ago.
Are the Saints shaping up better than everyone thought despite the departures??

Heard snippet on news. Apparantly played with Fitzpatrick and Brad and Mark Murray In perth few years ago.

In a word "NO", the list in the hills for the past 2 years has been first class and i'm expecting them to be competitive in 07, but possibly struggle for depth if needed. IMO They'll be around the mark but nowhere near where they were. If i'm wrong i'll gladly dine on my words ... but i'll wait til september to make that call.

Can anyone tell me what sort of player Sean Logie is from Wang last year i think?

Logie moved to Wang from Tocumwal (Murray league) last year. Had been a good bottom aged player with the Bushrangers but struggled with injury last year after staring the pre-season way out of condition.

Clever player who can win the inside footy and a nice long kick of the ball for a small bloke.

I believe they are close to signing West Perth forward Blake Arnold.

Signed another 3 Quality players!All will be revealed

It will be just a real shame by half way through the year no body will want to play there under there new coach. just give him time to do something wrong and all ******** will hit the fan like it has at every club he has been involved in well the last two anyway that being corowa and benalla

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any news on the recruiting front at Rovers?

Yes,Rovers have been very quiet....the only thing i did hear,which was just after new years was they may have picked up another 1 or 2 Melbourne based players....not sure who or where they come from,thats all ive heard...how many Melbourne based players do they have out of intrest?

It will be just a real shame by half way through the year no body will want to play there under there new coach. just give him time to do something wrong and all ******** will hit the fan like it has at every club he has been involved in well the last two anyway that being corowa and benalla

Pretty harsh on the man there Sainter?

Can the Saints make the five with the addition of Brendan Hehir and two other blokes from West Perth who sound like they will have an impact?
If they can avoid to many injuries they will win more than they will loose!Still have a very strong midfield and now some goal kicking options.I think they can play finals this year!

Can the Saints make the five with the addition of Brendan Hehir and two other blokes from West Perth who sound like they will have an impact?

With the saints backs to the walls and most people that have an interest in the ovens and murray already believing that the saints will be cellar dwellers this year I am pretty sure the saints will be playing to prove all wrong. Not too sure on their depth though???
Anyone know if they have kept many reserves players that were pushing for seniors last year???

The addition of Hehir adds even greater spice to the Easter Sunday showdown against North Albury.
Hehir and former Myrtleford coach Travis Hodgson will lock horns again and there is plenty of feeling between those two gentleman.
Can anyone tell me how Hehiry went at Doutta Stars last year?
Games played, best and fairest finish, goals kicked?

The addition of Hehir adds even greater spice to the Easter Sunday showdown against North Albury.
Hehir and former Myrtleford coach Travis Hodgson will lock horns again and there is plenty of feeling between those two gentleman.
Can anyone tell me how Hehiry went at Doutta Stars last year?
Games played, best and fairest finish, goals kicked?

Nothing on Doutta Stars website (which is excellent) about him. Only mention of a Brendan Hehir in that League was 1 goal for the year for West Coburg. Maybe you should ring Brendan's good mate (Doug Hawkins) and ask for a bit more info !!! ;)

Hehiry is highly entertaining and has rarely disappointed footy scribes throughout the North-East and Goulburn Valley when it comes to quality quotes.
The Doug Hawkins reference was vintage: B. Hehir.
In a competition devoid of genuine characters, his fortunes will be worth following in 2007.
His signing alone will guarantee a big crowd at McNamara Reserve on Easter Sunday when he comes up against the ex-Saints coach.
The Saints have got Wodonga Raiders in round one so you could safely say this far out they will be off to a flyer before meeting the Hoppers.

Hehiry is highly entertaining and has rarely disappointed footy scribes throughout the North-East and Goulburn Valley when it comes to quality quotes.
The Doug Hawkins reference was vintage: B. Hehir.
In a competition devoid of genuine characters, his fortunes will be worth following in 2007.
His signing alone will guarantee a big crowd at McNamara Reserve on Easter Sunday when he comes up against the ex-Saints coach.
The Saints have got Wodonga Raiders in round one so you could safely say this far out they will be off to a flyer before meeting the Hoppers.

What happened in the past between Hehir and Hodgson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back