Ovens & King FL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Their players are all older and no one is coming through, because there are no juniors, that’s what happened. Also I wouldn’t lump Tarra in the same category as Milawa, Milawa have spent triple what other clubs have spent on players, and for what? They couldn’t even buy a premiership in the end.
They may have spent good money on certain players but seems like they spend $0 per week for the acreage in your head each week 😂.

Hopefully the coaches have been watching Sesame Street in the off season and learned to count to 18, wouldn’t want too many players on the field at one time, you could be stripped off your points.

Wasn’t there issue that they had a couple of boys who didn’t play enough seconds games or something? Pretty sure they never had too many on the ground, but I guess if they have 1 player on the ground it’s more than your old shit show of a club.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Wasn’t there issue that they had a couple of boys who didn’t play enough seconds games or something? Pretty sure they never had too many on the ground, but I guess if they have 1 player on the ground it’s more than your old s**t show of a club.

Yes they cheated last year by playing non eligible players, but I’m referring to a few games that had to be stopped for a headcount, they’ll try any thing.

Yes they cheated last year by playing non eligible players, but I’m referring to a few games that had to be stopped for a headcount, they’ll try any thing.

So now we’re just making stuff up are we? I’ve heard Tatong, Swanpool and Glenrowan have been in talks for a merger. They’re going to call themselves the Swantongrowan failures. So far they have 6 locals and 40 highly paid recruits on board that plan to stay on until things get hard then they’ll jump ship quicker than Lenny Holden can blow his whistle and say free kick Glenrowan.

So now we’re just making stuff up are we? I’ve heard Tatong, Swanpool and Glenrowan have been in talks for a merger. They’re going to call themselves the Swantongrowan failures. So far they have 6 locals and 40 highly paid recruits on board that plan to stay on until things get hard then they’ll jump ship quicker than Lenny Holden can blow his whistle and say free kick Glenrowan.

At least Lenny had some integrity, unlike the pathetic excuse for umpires we see running around in recent times. As for clubs folding, let’s not forget it weakens the league each time it happens, eventually the league will dissolve. The neighbouring clubs of Glenrowan need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Grow up, I’m getting sick and tired of your childish comments, we’re here to talk footy, get over to TikTok and create some dancing videos or something if you can’t have serious discussions.

Haha oh my! I didn’t realise your comments were serious! I genuinely thought you have been taking the P155.
Extremely salt bae

At least Lenny had some integrity, unlike the pathetic excuse for umpires we see running around in recent times. As for clubs folding, let’s not forget it weakens the league each time it happens, eventually the league will dissolve. The neighbouring clubs of Glenrowan need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Why do the neighbouring clubs need to have a good hard look at themselves? They’re still going. Why would they want 25 players, that are only there for the money to come in and ruin there club. Maybe Glenrowan should of had a long hard look at themselves before they allowed mercenaries to come in and run the club into the ground.
You love getting on here and blaming everyone else for the league being in a bad state when the fact of the matter is that if you hadn’t of been so obsessed with winning 1 last premiership that ran your club into the ground and actually put time into building your club up the right way your club might of still been operating.

Why do the neighbouring clubs need to have a good hard look at themselves? They’re still going. Why would they want 25 players, that are only there for the money to come in and ruin there club. Maybe Glenrowan should of had a long hard look at themselves before they allowed mercenaries to come in and run the club into the ground.
You love getting on here and blaming everyone else for the league being in a bad state when the fact of the matter is that if you hadn’t of been so obsessed with winning 1 last premiership that ran your club into the ground and actually put time into building your club up the right way your club might of still been operating.

When the going gets tough teams should be working together, I think it was jealousy from the other clubs to be honest. We’ve got a team that created history and did something no other club could do so they all got their backs up. You’d rather see a condensed league with good numbers than 4 weak sides lingering at the bottom every year. Also there’s a huge umpiring shortage at the moment, the decent umpires have moved on as some of them got sick of dealing with pretty boy smart Alec’s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When the going gets tough teams should be working together, I think it was jealousy from the other clubs to be honest. We’ve got a team that created history and did something no other club could do so they all got their backs up. You’d rather see a condensed league with good numbers than 4 weak sides lingering at the bottom every year. Also there’s a huge umpiring shortage at the moment, the decent umpires have moved on as some of them got sick of dealing with pretty boy smart Alec’s.

Made history all right, wins 4 consecutive flags and “goes in to recess” 2 years later. Surely everyone would have wanted to jump on that winning bandwagon as quick as the bar shut after a glenny home game. “Culture Kings!!”
I might be going a bit early but itll take 18 months to round up all your premiership heroes, whats plans for the 10 year reunion?

Haha I love your posts clearly taking the Mickey. But seriously I remember watching glenrowan v tarra one day nige and select few others who should have known better gave umpire Scott Bradley such a hard time he was scared to walk past the changerooms. He left the ground and went straight to his car, he was shaken.
As for Lenny, I found him a decent ump except when he umpired a glenrowan game, then he was a cheating prick

Haha I love your posts clearly taking the Mickey. But seriously I remember watching glenrowan v tarra one day nige and select few others who should have known better gave umpire Scott Bradley such a hard time he was scared to walk past the changerooms. He left the ground and went straight to his car, he was shaken.
As for Lenny, I found him a decent ump except when he umpired a glenrowan game, then he was a cheating prick
Watching from afar, my experience with the Glenny players were that they were always very respectful on the field, with the exception of one players Dad, the passion would occasionally boil over.

Watching from afar, my experience with the Glenny players were that they were always very respectful on the field, with the exception of one players Dad, the passion would occasionally boil over.
Watching from afar? Weren't you the guy that stole the cash & couldn't pay the players then your club went under?

Is anyone brave enough to take a stab at the ladder prediction? Will other teams be able to close the gap on the Benalla peptides?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ovens & King FL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back