Ovens & King FL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching from afar, my experience with the Glenny players were that they were always very respectful on the field, with the exception of one players Dad, the passion would occasionally boil over.
You need to go to specsavers ****, playing against glenrowan they did nothing but whine and sook every time something went against them. And the fact you let a cyockhed like Ronnie Laffy stand behind whatever he could find around the ground to hide behind while he personally insulted players, some in front of their own parents and family just goes to show the true culture of glenrowan.

You need to go to specsavers ****, playing against glenrowan they did nothing but whine and sook every time something went against them. And the fact you let a cyockhed like Ronnie Laffy stand behind whatever he could find around the ground to hide behind while he personally insulted players, some in front of their own parents and family just goes to show the true culture of glenrowan.
They would have been lucky to have 4 or 5 genuine footballers that didn’t carry on like tossers on the footy field, Fox and the shorter Midfielder come to mind but his name escapes me, but the rest were a bit too over the top and were quite disrespectful as footballers. There’a been alot of big wins in the leagues over the years and none more so than against that crap club, but they carried on like w***ers even 200 points up against lower teams. Never seen an opposition player stick around for a beer in the last 6-7 years of their existence, and that’s enough to tell you about them as a club and footballers. And then let’s not talk about them off field, could create a whole forum for that.
At the end of the day they had their opportunity to rebuild their club and they chose short term success which counts for absolutely nothing as there will always be an * next to those 4 flags as long as we are here to tell the tale.

They would have been lucky to have 4 or 5 genuine footballers that didn’t carry on like tossers on the footy field, Fox and the shorter Midfielder come to mind but his name escapes me, but the rest were a bit too over the top and were quite disrespectful as footballers. There’a been alot of big wins in the leagues over the years and none more so than against that crap club, but they carried on like w***ers even 200 points up against lower teams. Never seen an opposition player stick around for a beer in the last 6-7 years of their existence, and that’s enough to tell you about them as a club and footballers. And then let’s not talk about them off field, could create a whole forum for that.
At the end of the day they had their opportunity to rebuild their club and they chose short term success which counts for absolutely nothing as there will always be an * next to those 4 flags as long as we are here to tell the tale.
Utter bullocks. Milawa are clearly still dirty that their attempt at a dynasty never happened because they just weren’t quite good enough. Credit to them but, they didn’t die wondering, they spent close to $200,000 one year and didn’t even make the decider.

Utter bullocks. Milawa are clearly still dirty that their attempt at a dynasty never happened because they just weren’t quite good enough. Credit to them but, they didn’t die wondering, they spent close to $200,000 one year and didn’t even make the decider.

Haha I’m completely convinced that this is somebody who is just on these forums to fire it up with complete nonsense. Now that I see it that way it’s quite enjoyable
Keep it coming!
That averages out to $500 for each player, each week for 18 rounds of the year, classic stuff

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Haha I’m completely convinced that this is somebody who is just on these forums to fire it up with complete nonsense. Now that I see it that way it’s quite enjoyable
Keep it coming!
That averages out to $500 for each player, each week for 18 rounds of the year, classic stuff

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You think this is a joke? Don’t forget there was no salary cap back then (not that it makes much difference). Hooper alone was on $17,000 a year, and that’s fact. The only player that played for unders was Stamp. Money single destroyed the O&K and is well on its path to doing the same in the O&M.

You think this is a joke? Don’t forget there was no salary cap back then (not that it makes much difference). Hooper alone was on $17,000 a year, and that’s fact. The only player that played for unders was Stamp. Money single destroyed the O&K and is well on its path to doing the same in the O&M.
In the last 10 years only one club has folded & that was your mob. That is if we count Swanpool & Tatong which was forced on them by AFL NE

I sure do! I think you’re giving us all a great insight into how and why Glenrowan no longer exist

#y#youvecookedthebooks

In the last 10 years only one club has folded & that was your mob. That is if we count Swanpool & Tatong which was forced on them by AFL NE
NW should be gone too, they hold the record for the worst senior side that’s ever been fielded at any level. I mean this as absolutely no disrespect to the O&M Jets all abilities side but they would have honestly beat NW. AFLNEB should’ve shut the doors on them.

I’ve heard Riley Moran won’t be playing for Benalla this year as he’s heading overseas.

Any other big outs for clubs?

NW should be gone too, they hold the record for the worst senior side that’s ever been fielded at any level. I mean this as absolutely no disrespect to the O&M Jets all abilities side but they would have honestly beat NW. AFLNEB should’ve shut the doors on them.
No ground for how many years? Had to pay extra fees to train/play elsewhere but they still held firm, yes they might not have won many games but existing & winning 2-5 games a year is better than having no club to go watch on a Saturday

No ground for how many years? Had to pay extra fees to train/play elsewhere but they still held firm, yes they might not have won many games but existing & winning 2-5 games a year is better than having no club to go watch on a Saturday
I just don’t understand the club’s mentality, IF NW merged with Glenrowan they’d already have another premiership by now, those remaining 10 premiership players would’ve come straight across and the committee’s would’ve shared ideas. Let’s not forget NW screwed themselves by money mismanagement in 2012, they’ve still got the same Dheads there now.

I'd rather be in North's shoes than Glenrowan's. Having a club versus not having one is a rather compelling argument in this case.

Maybe as someone who played against Wilby , and for Invergorden ( who ?) , the point may be that the AFL , via AFLNEB want , in particular Nth Wang , and to a lesser degree , Tarra , to fold. Why. ( and this would be in my business plan for AFL in Wangaratta ). AFLW is taking off and needs a home. The Norm and the WJ are chockers. The degradation of the surface of the 2 premium ovals is a concern. The Norm is in the worst condition I’ve seen , ever. So the idea of getting the AFLW to their own oval is a compelling one. Given the O&K has no support, will happen . Would not be surprised if NWFNC and TFNC have been approached to amalgamate and use Tarra.😀🏃‍♂️. For the good of all.Going foward , not looking back.
Maybe they could get the women’s u/18 side to play against NW as a pre-season practice match, would be a fairly even match I would’ve thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For mine i think tarra ballsed up after signing 5-6 blokes post age 34, quality aside, how many years did they think they would get from said age group. Surely money would be better spent chasing 10 or so local talents?

Were you temporarily blind for a year in the early teens when Glenrowan was getting thumped by 300 points a game. Easily the worst team I’ve seen in the O and K.
And that’s saying something with the likes of Swampool and Tatong around the same time.
Even teams on the bottom half of the ladder were collecting 300point wins from them. Absolute shambles. They should have done themselves a favour and left the league then.

I’ll be ropable if Tarra & NW ever end up merging, I’ll be doing everything in my power to stop it. But the fact a club like Tarra finds themselves with poor numbers shows no clubs are immune to the battles clubs are facing. The junior comps in Wang need to invest in the O&K, the good players eventually end up in town anyway.

For mine i think tarra ballsed up after signing 5-6 blokes post age 34, quality aside, how many years did they think they would get from said age group. Surely money would be better spent chasing 10 or so local talents?
I agree to a certain degree, Tarra had an inflated sense of where they were at as a team, they went in for the sloppy seconds thinking they’d give it a shake and finished up short. It’s easy to say chase young local talent, the problem is there isn’t any.

I’ll be ropable if Tarra & NW ever end up merging, I’ll be doing everything in my power to stop it. But the fact a club like Tarra finds themselves with poor numbers shows no clubs are immune to the battles clubs are facing. The junior comps in Wang need to invest in the O&K, the good players eventually end up in town anyway.
What power do you have?

Even if Tarra and NW merged down the track, then North would still be better off than Glenrowan.

Tarrawingee-North Wangaratta would be listed on a fixture, but Glenrowan still wouldn't.
Let’s not forget, NW have the last man standing mentality, they have the inability to engage in any forward thinking conversations, they’re happy to merely exist. They completely shut down any talks last time and some of those ball & chains are still lingering there. They’re the type that would love to see Tarra fold.

Let’s not forget, NW have the last man standing mentality, they have the inability to engage in any forward thinking conversations, they’re happy to merely exist. They completely shut down any talks last time and some of those ball & chains are still lingering there. They’re the type that would love to see Tarra fold.
Besides a ground what did you have to offer north wang at the time? the 3 players + the 6 committee members who were taking a couple hundred a week for themselves?

I was basically offered the league operations manager role before it went to tenure, I’ve been heavily involved with the league for long enough now to have some pull. I can pull strings if I have to.
I’m sure that would have been great for the league with all your agendas against certain teams and people. The only thing you’ve got pull on is your pecker, just let it go mate, let the blood drain out for a bit

I was basically offered the league operations manager role before it went to tenure, I’ve been heavily involved with the league for long enough now to have some pull. I can pull strings if I have to.
Talking to Lenny at a pub reminiscing about glory days of being flogged by 300 points against half the league is hardly a job offer.
Stick to ripping people off for sub par furniture, the league doesn’t need you anywhere near it

Remove this Banner Ad

Ovens & King FL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back