Ovens & King FL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Utter bullocks. Milawa are clearly still dirty that their attempt at a dynasty never happened because they just weren’t quite good enough. Credit to them but, they didn’t die wondering, they spent close to $200,000 one year and didn’t even make the decider.
What's your problem with Milawa? Didn't their best ever footballer come from rovers to coach them and win a couple of league bnfs?

What's your problem with Milawa? Didn't their best ever footballer come from rovers to coach them and win a couple of league bnfs?
You’ll find most other clubs hate the way they go about it, all arrogant smart asses with poor sportsmanship. They cheat the cap and approach other clubs players every year. Bringing in Cleve and his plus 1 was an absolute joke, if those two had any decency they would’ve played in town.

You’ll find most other clubs hate the way they go about it, all arrogant smart asses with poor sportsmanship. They cheat the cap and approach other clubs players every year. Bringing in Cleve and his plus 1 was an absolute joke, if those two had any decency they would’ve played in town.

Yeah imagine paying talented footballers to come up from Melbourne to play in the O and K. No one else has ever done it. Especially not your old mob who filled a side with out of towners.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah imagine paying talented footballers to come up from Melbourne to play in the O and K. No one else has ever done it. Especially not your old mob who filled a side with out of towners.

Casey revived the club with locals, appointed a former Wang Rover as coach, like I’ve said before, the league and neighbouring clubs have a lot to answer for, expect to see a lot of clubs fold in the next 5 years, there will be no early game because no one wants to work together. These guys kept a club alive, did the league a favour, then got no support when it was needed.

Last edited:
Casey revived the club with locals, appointed a former Wang Rover as coach, like I’ve said before, the league and neighbouring clubs have a lot to answer for, expect to see a lot of clubs fold in the next 5 years, there will be no early game because no one wants to work together. These guys kept a club alive, did the league a favour, then got no support when it was needed.
You can’t have it both ways. You can’t say the league didn’t support you when you guys imploded on yourselves. It’s not the leagues fault you spent $200k a year on players and that’s a fact knowing it was a means to an end. Casey is a bigger moron than we all thought if he blames the league on his failures. Nigel may have been a so called local but 90% of that senior team wouldn’t have even heard of Glenrowan before they saw how many 0’s were on their pay check. There would be lucky to be 3 footballers from Glenrowan still in the league today let alone call themselves a local so that just proves your local theory wrong.
Can bet your house on 0 wins again from the Tigs again this year. Better off having a week off then playing at that shithole anyways, so you did us a favour cheers.

You can’t have it both ways. You can’t say the league didn’t support you when you guys imploded on yourselves. It’s not the leagues fault you spent $200k a year on players and that’s a fact knowing it was a means to an end. Casey is a bigger moron than we all thought if he blames the league on his failures. Nigel may have been a so called local but 90% of that senior team wouldn’t have even heard of Glenrowan before they saw how many 0’s were on their pay check. There would be lucky to be 3 footballers from Glenrowan still in the league today let alone call themselves a local so that just proves your local theory wrong.
Can bet your house on 0 wins again from the Tigs again this year. Better off having a week off then playing at that shithole anyways, so you did us a favour cheers.
Not sure why people hated playing there, Booth had the surface immaculate, easy access from the Hume. As for 200k a year, you might be getting confused with Milawa’s books, it was closer to 80k which isn’t much more than todays cap.

Not sure why people hated playing there, Booth had the surface immaculate, easy access from the Hume. As for 200k a year, you might be getting confused with Milawa’s books, it was closer to 80k which isn’t much more than todays cap.
Personally the howling wind from the freeway, the lack of hot water on several occasions and the shithole club rooms which were easily the worst in the league. I did like the dividing doors between home and away rooms, nice to hear everything the opposition is talking about.
The parking was never an issue as you never had any supporters.

Personally the howling wind from the freeway, the lack of hot water on several occasions and the shithole club rooms which were easily the worst in the league. I did like the dividing doors between home and away rooms, nice to hear everything the opposition is talking about.
If North East Victoria had an anus it would be situated just off Snow road.

Seriously some of these posts need a laugh button as well as a like there is some (genuinely) funny stuff being said here!!

Tell us BigTennisFanShow76 whose coattails are you riding on this year with another season without the mighty glenrowan tiges? You despise milawa, north wang, and greta. My bet is king valley, we havent heard much from that way, perhaps you could be inclined to fill us in

Tell us BigTennisFanShow76 whose coattails are you riding on this year with another season without the mighty glenrowan tiges? You despise milawa, north wang, and greta. My bet is king valley, we havent heard much from that way, perhaps you could be inclined to fill us in
I’ll be putting back in to the community like usual, floating ideas of how to keep the league going, because the current trajectory says there won’t be a future. Hearing on the grapevine Benton and Hearne are about to call a bit of a crisis meeting this week, make of it what you will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m sending out an S.O.S, if anyone is interested in putting their hand up to umpire this year please do so, some clubs can’t even get their own umpires for the early games at the moment. The quality is at an all time low with no talent coming through the ranks.

And this is why running the league is a hilarious concept. He'd be putting his biases into overdrive.

And another reason to say no to giving Geoff the reins. He'd force clubs to move to Glenrowan.
The reason I’ve been able to create success at clubs is because I leave my grievances at the door, my aim is to revitalise the Glenrowan reserve and have all Finals and the GF played out there. No clubs will be forced, but when NW or Greta start struggling which is inevitable, the olive branch will be extended once again for a possible name change and joint venture. The Rovers ground is as good a venue as you’ll get but it needs to be preserved.

I think the Eldorado name is more likely of a comeback than Glenrowan at this stage.

The only bargaining power Glenrowan has is a venue. Having no players is a rather big hurdle to jump over. I can't see a club merging with a club that has no players - all it would be then is a name change.
Hey they get Geoff too. Hopefully he can keep his hands out of the club account

Hearing a bit of in-house fighting going on out at Milawa, not too sure the complete details yet, watch this space, could be a bit of an exodus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ovens & King FL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back