Ovens & Murray discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Has the losses of Ankers and Richards bought Wang right back to the pack or are they just struggling to get going after all the big news of the past few weeks?

Has the losses of Ankers and Richards bought Wang right back to the pack or are they just struggling to get going after all the big news of the past few weeks?

Losing Ankers and Richards is huge. Not being able to replace either with a quality mid from their points penalty is what’s hurting them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Don’t underestimate the Tigers. Watching today they have a good balance of old and young players as well as big and small. Will match up well with the top 4. As much as most of us despise them they are a professional outfit that’s well coached.

Very impressive again yesty against the saints. “Twin towers” Conlan and Kelly up forward 12 between them. I know it’s only round 2 but Elliott Powell looks to have gone to another level since returning.

Myrtleford were by no means disgraced, they were attacking all day and it was actually a very good game to watch.

I just had a mate send me a message and say he had 2 touches up until the last 3 minutes today and he got 3 or 4 more in junk time.

He reckons he had 19 for the game [emoj
9bd31519f353a7a7c27e3fb885d88f22.jpg
i23]

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Officially on Prime Fraud watch. I thought 12 disposals was generous in the derby for him, I’d counted 6 on the day. Pretty funny he’s just making up stats on his vlog, can’t be doing that! Will somebody please think of the children!

Shouldn’t be too hard to check, his game day blogs are all his ‘highlights’ includes every possession and even some almost possessions. Wouldn’t think he would be leaving too many on the cutting room floor at present.

Have Wang been missing any key players in the first two rounds?
Matt Kelly is still four to five weeks away. Not sure on melvilles availability these days, would be surprised if Mark Anderson plays this week, was on crutches with what looked a nasty ankle injury on Saturday!

They also look to me , like they are carrying few niggles to other key players as well!

I expect Yarra to do a number on the pies.

Officially on Prime Fraud watch. I thought 12 disposals was generous in the derby for him, I’d counted 6 on the day. Pretty funny he’s just making up stats on his vlog, can’t be doing that! Will somebody please think of the children!

I’m Being told he had closer to 20 as a half fwd? Not a bad day given the conditions

I’m Being told he had closer to 20 as a half fwd? Not a bad day given the conditions
Not True!! Apparently there was a bit of stat padding going on…. It highlights what I said earlier about our local talent being the reason for our success, not the imports. McCarthy, Marklew and Stone were standouts again. Peta is please swallow the pride and admire the young talent of the Rovers!!!

Matt Kelly is still four to five weeks away. Not sure on melvilles availability these days, would be surprised if Mark Anderson plays this week, was on crutches with what looked a nasty ankle injury on Saturday!

They also look to me , like they are carrying few niggles to other key players as well!

I expect Yarra to do a number on the pies.

Going to be a monumental challenge. Noted Porter missed on the weekend too, first game he’s missed through injury since 2008, that has to be some record? Most blokes don’t play that long, let along every game.

Not True!! Apparently there was a bit of stat padding going on…. It highlights what I said earlier about our local talent being the reason for our success, not the imports. McCarthy, Marklew and Stone were standouts again. Peta is please swallow the pride and admire the young talent of the Rovers!!!

You are a proper Galah! I stand by the list of players I compared with from Wang, most of which have all played in the last four O&M grand finals, what have your’s done?
Problem with Rovers is you always go to far looking for outside talent to make you relevant again. Blokes flying in from all over from state league sides, when they are available, now you’ve got a social media star as your marquee player, who will be gone again in an blink of an eye.
I’d reckon you are already trying to get big Hughes back into the mix again? Even though he disrespected all those younger talented players that deserve their chance to play and grow in the senior side. #cultu#cultureiding the fact I’ve got a soft spot for more than few in your side, but stop shooting yourselves in the foot. Flags there to be won, go and win it first.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ovens & Murray discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back