Ovens & Murray discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m running a competition to see who can find the most correct predictions from BigLaz

We’ll have two prizes…

2nd prize will be a private audience and dinner with the man himself and he’ll regale you with how footy used to be. You can expect some inside info too.

1st prize——***drum roll. A box of matches… I know what you’re thinking, but you’re wrong it doesn’t necessarily imply that a night out with BigLaz is worth less than a box of matches

Regardless of who gets 5th spot out of Wodonga and Nth Albury full credit needs to go to Jordan Taylor and Tim Broomhead. Both clubs have had multiple years at the bottom of the ladder in recent times with not much to look forward to but they’ve both turned their clubs around with smart recruiting and have got their supporter bases pretty excited. Be good to see them both make it next year. Shame Taylor is leaving when the hard work is starting to pay off.

It’ll be interesting to see who Corowa gets

The worry is that the people responsible for CR’s downfall, their reputation for being arrogant and cliquey… are still there.

BigLaz is WRONG again.

He has no inside info, he’s not a part of Rovers.

Wrong with Corowa is the latest.
Happy to have a discussion at the clubhouse over a bowl of scallop potatoes, feel free to privately contact me. My intel from Corowa says they’re spent, make of it what you will. Carps will be good for them, he’s a no nonsense no ego straight shooter, knows his footy, but I’m hearing too little too late.

Happy to have a discussion at the clubhouse over a bowl of scallop potatoes, feel free to privately contact me. My intel from Corowa says they’re spent, make of it what you will. Carps will be good for them, he’s a no nonsense no ego straight shooter, knows his footy, but I’m hearing too little too late.
They ran out last Thursday.

No such thing it's Potato Cakes
Carvn it up sells scalloped potatoes. And the man/myth/legend that is Geoff did mention a bowl. So I reckon he didn’t mean potato cake, but then again… he is an enigma who knows what is going on upstairs.

Speaking of north also, watched the game on the weekend. I think north will win a flag under broomhead.

Carvn it up sells scalloped potatoes. And the man/myth/legend that is Geoff did mention a bowl. So I reckon he didn’t mean potato cake, but then again… he is an enigma who knows what is going on upstairs.

Speaking of north also, watched the game on the weekend. I think north will win a flag under broomhead.
I believe he’s Mates with Brodie Grundy
How good would that Coup be.

Prime and his men? He’s lucky to fit in to a side like that. I’d be setting an example and banishing him to the twos, let his brand cop another hit and take him back down to earth, a hard nosed coach would’ve shown him the door months ago. NA deserve Wodonga’s spot, but they’ll just fall short, Rovers need a ten goal win to send a statement, “this is our time”. As Albury said, Rovers top 7 players are as good as any, Muzza and Filo have carried them a lot of weeks, spread the load and the sky’s the limit.
Prime was selected on the flank in O&M team of the week so what game were you watching? Go the Prime Train. 👊

No such thing it's Potato Cakes
Having lived in Victoria, New South Wales, the ACT and now Queensland I can confirm the damm things are called something different every where you go.

I grew up in Bendigo where they were potato cakes, but up here in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland they would have no idea of what you were talking about if you ordered them by that name.

Geoff may think Thursday night dinner have the scallops and not potato cakes.

They have been given 60 points and 30k extra, how's that work and what's the time frame that it drops down to be comparable to other clubs? Will Muller end up there, with the extra cash, clubs are already naming recruits and new coaches where's corowas new signing, they need to name an assistant coach to get everyone excited. Castlemaine footy club who have hardly won a game in 3 years, yet they've signed michael Hartley as coach already with vfl gun bailey Henderson signing on as well, the towns up and about with optimism for finals next year,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was overdue for a decent game, has struggled all year, but didn’t get the four points so its irrelevant.
Absolutely, it’s about the team.

Brodie Filo kicked one of the goals of the year, the bloke runs his guts out when he’s absolutely spent and I’m betting he didn’t reflect on that too much, if at all after the game.

Marklew played a ripper, I’m sure he enjoyed the game on a certain level in that the Rovers were very competitive but he would have been disappointed with the result.

Lachie McCartney got knocked out, the Rovers lost, similar to Myrtleford game so I look forward to Prime’s individual highlights package… hahahaha

You can’t call yourself a footballer if you’re not team first!

Absolutely, it’s about the team.

Brodie Filo kicked one of the goals of the year, the bloke runs his guts out when he’s absolutely spent and I’m betting he didn’t reflect on that too much, if at all after the game.

Marklew played a ripper, I’m sure he enjoyed the game on a certain level in that the Rovers were very competitive but he would have been disappointed with the result.

Lachie McCartney got knocked out, the Rovers lost, similar to Myrtleford game so I look forward to Prime’s individual highlights package… hahahaha

You can’t be a footballer if you’re not team first!
Filo will poll a couple of votes in that game, Prime just got a tyre pump up because we’d come to expect so little.

I’ve been stewing on the umpire predicament for quite some time, the only option is to contact the ASC directly with a detailed plan. Serious funding is required, umpires need their own turf with decent amenities. A club house with an adjoining gym/sauna and cook out. Wages need to be at least $500 a game for senior O&M, fuel and business cars should be provided for travel. You all meet on a Saturday and jump in and travel together, covered by the ASC. You offer this and there will be field umpires as emergencies because they can’t get a game to officiate. Needs to be appealing. What makes a good umpire? Pure passion for the game, I think playing experience is irrelevant.

Geoff may think Thursday night dinner have the scallops and not potato cakes.

They have been given 60 points and 30k extra, how's that work and what's the time frame that it drops down to be comparable to other clubs? Will Muller end up there, with the extra cash, clubs are already naming recruits and new coaches where's corowas new signing, they need to name an assistant coach to get everyone excited. Castlemaine footy club who have hardly won a game in 3 years, yet they've signed michael Hartley as coach already with vfl gun bailey Henderson signing on as well, the towns up and about with optimism for finals next year,
Early call, Wilson brothers will be back. Can sniff a dollar from a mile away

Remove this Banner Ad

Back