Ovens & Murray discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Poe's law applies to Big Larry. Sometimes it is so outrageous it has to be satirical, but there is just enough genuine content that it's hard to tell. Just enjoy it I reckon! Would be a good move by Prime either way. If exposure on different formats is the goal, exposure is what he is getting. Good or bad.
It would seem that Prime has certainly got what he's wanted out of the Rovers... has Prime made a positive contribution to the Rovers? I don't see him telling all his followers what a great football club it is so there's no publicity involved? Or was he sought purely for his football ability?

It would seem that Prime has certainly got what he's wanted out of the Rovers... has Prime made a positive contribution to the Rovers? I don't see him telling all his followers what a great football club it is so there's no publicity involved? Or was he sought purely for his football ability?
It was a bold move to get the guy, and looked to be working out ok for both parties in the beginning. Kicked 6 in the pre season match, but the cracks started surfacing when he didn’t get a kick for the first 6 weeks. The Rovers weren’t expecting a FILO type player when recruiting him, but they also weren’t expecting a twos player, I don’t think he’s up to the standard. O&M is tough footy but also slick, he wouldn’t be puffing that skinny little chest out against the likes of Yarrawonga if the film wasn’t rolling. You can’t win an O&M premiership with out complete buy in from every player. Rovers have the men to go all the way, IF played in their positions and honest with themselves.

It was a bold move to get the guy, and looked to be working out ok for both parties in the beginning. Kicked 6 in the pre season match, but the cracks started surfacing when he didn’t get a kick for the first 6 weeks. The Rovers weren’t expecting a FILO type player when recruiting him, but they also weren’t expecting a twos player, I don’t think he’s up to the standard. O&M is tough footy but also slick, he wouldn’t be puffing that skinny little chest out against the likes of Yarrawonga if the film wasn’t rolling. You can’t win an O&M premiership with out complete buy in from every player. Rovers have the men to go all the way, IF played in their positions and honest with themselves.

Don’t the Rovers sit 4th

Don’t the Rovers sit 4th
Losing the safety harness hurts but isn’t the be-all and end-all. You’d rather sit 4th or 5th with a healthy list then be clinging on to 3rd with half your side injured. People over look the impact of the footballing Gods, luck is vital, sometimes the stars align and you’re destined for success, nothing can change that. Why did Milne get a bad bounce? Maybe he was guilty; why didn’t Ablett senior win a cup? Maybe that helped him find God. All I’m saying is we hardly need a miracle, we need a few minor tweaks and the ball to bounce the right way. I’m quietly confident winners piss will be had.

Losing the safety harness hurts but isn’t the be-all and end-all. You’d rather sit 4th or 5th with a healthy list then be clinging on to 3rd with half your side injured. People over look the impact of the footballing Gods, luck is vital, sometimes the stars align and you’re destined for success, nothing can change that. Why did Milne get a bad bounce? Maybe he was guilty; why didn’t Ablett senior win a cup? Maybe that helped him find God. All I’m saying is we hardly need a miracle, we need a few minor tweaks and the ball to bounce the right way. I’m quietly confident winners piss will be had.

You are next level mate, BigFooty was enjoyable before you jumped on board.

Superstition is common in players, Buckley wore the same “lucky” jocks his entire career. I genuine believe there’s a lot of factors outside of your teams or coaches control playing a vital role. Anyone know of any local players superstitious routine? I played with a bloke who would have exactly 2 glasses of red the night before the game, refused to eat breakfast or food before the game, great player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Superstition is common in players, Buckley wore the same “lucky” jocks his entire career. I genuine believe there’s a lot of factors outside of your teams or coaches control playing a vital role. Anyone know of any local players superstitious routine? I played with a bloke who would have exactly 2 glasses of red the night before the game, refused to eat breakfast or food before the game, great player.

Played with a bloke in QLD who would buy a cheeseburger on the way to the game each week and eat it at Halftime cold

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back