Overall, which club is more successful?

Which club(s) are more successful?

• Carlton/Essendon - 16 flags.

Votes: 157 84.4%
  • Collingwood - 14 flags... (longest period with most cups about 50 years ago).

Votes: 29 15.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Crow-mosone said:
does anyone, other than collingwood supporters, believe collingwood to be the greatest?

Can't say I know of any. The reason non Collingwood supporters don't like Collingwood is simply because they think they are the best! Not even a case of tall poppy syndrome.

Gunder said:
It will take 100+ years for Carlscum to dominate the head of the premiership table as Collingwood have over the last century.... not much hope of that anyway with Big Eddie building another dynasty
No one cares where about the ladder in 30years time. It is about Premierships and Essendon and Carlton have more then Collingwood, and will only get further ahead.

1 Premiership in 46 Years.

ONE!

And stop using the Supporters argument. Sydney has more supporters then anyone (even Collingwood), then Essendon follows in 2nd.

rObeeEe said:
No one cares where about the ladder in 30years time. It is about Premierships and Essendon and Carlton have more then Collingwood, and will only get further ahead.

ONE!

And stop using the Supporters argument. Sydney has more supporters then anyone (even Collingwood), then Essendon follows in 2nd.
I think it is obvious you care about history.... or you would'nt be keeping score :D

Mattlowry said:
Carlton and Essendon due to the fact they have had more success and are a more consistent set of teams and Collingwood third.
More consistent, yet Collingwood have been in more finals, won more games, won more finals, and been in the most GFs?

I would say that Carlton and Essendon have been more successful in their appearances in GFs, but in every other facet, Collingwood craps all over them.

rObeeEe said:

ONE!

Sydney has more supporters? Gee, that poll isn't a bit one sided is it? A skewed poll if I've ever seen one.

Thierry Henry said:
Collingwood have become the biggest club in Aus. The main reason being we get Eddie shoving them down our throats every week. We continually hear about how Collingwood always sell stadium's out and how there fans are the most passionate in the league. Really its all a load of crap.

The biggest club in Aus would get more than 27,000 to a home friday night game wouldnt they?
Biggest, most famous, most successful (60+ years at head of premiership table) and greatest.... most written about, talked about, watched, loved and hated.... not because we say..... because history says so

Thierry Henry said:
Collingwood have become the biggest club in Aus. The main reason being we get Eddie shoving them down our throats every week. We continually hear about how Collingwood always sell stadium's out and how there fans are the most passionate in the league. Really its all a load of crap.

The biggest club in Aus would get more than 27,000 to a home friday night game wouldnt they?
I think the crowd figures over time would suggest we are the biggest club.

Gunder said:
Biggest, most famous, most successful (60+ years at head of premiership table) and greatest.... most written about, talked about, watched, loved and hated.... not because we say..... because history says so

you're only as good as your last game, and you have been s h i t for 50 years.

stop living in the past - do you fear the future so much?

Crow-mosone said:

Now now, when you have a history you can gloat too

Crow-mosone said:

That is incorrect. We have NOT been ******** for 50 years. Get a clue buddy. We have been quite good, except for the period between 1995-2001, and the mid 1980s. The fact that we were not successful in GFs does not make us ********.

What have the Crows done since 1998? ZERO.

Bueller said:
That is incorrect. We have NOT been ******** for 50 years. Get a clue buddy. We have been quite good, except for the period between 1995-2001, and the mid 1980s. The fact that we were not successful in GFs does not make us ********.

dude and this why you will spend your life cleaning one of my houses or washing my cars.

well made the finals in most of the year including a preliminary, this being just after our back to back.

how odd, you compare the last 50 years to the last 6.

Bueller said:

Making GF's doesn't mean you have done a lot. No prizes for coming 2nd and no nobody remembers the runner up.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bueller said:

oh and by the way,

only a COLLINGWOOD supporter would use the term 'quite good' in a discussion about the greatest club.

set some standards ffs.

Crow-mosone said:
oh and by the way,

only a COLLINGWOOD supporter would use the term 'quite good' in a discussion about the greatest club.

set some standards ffs.
EXACTLY MY POINT, that is why Collingwood is the biggest and most famous club in Australia, we headed the premiership table for so long no other team has a chance of matching that, the generational memory of that dominance has created the mystique, and while it is indefinable other than those numbers it is a powerful force that affects supporters and media alike

Gunder said:
Now now, when you have a history you can gloat too

is that all you got. maybe without Eddie you're not even relevant anymore.

you achieve success so long ago, when there was little or no professionalism, few teams, and you think somehow this is comparable or relevant in the modern world?

Collingwood is like the obnoxious little brother of yoru girlfriend.
clueless, in desperate need of a slap, spends most of their time with their fingers in their ear, and soon you realise trying to talk sense to them just encourages.
in reality no one really cares about them just as long as they remain in their box. For best part of 50 years that box has been home to them.

LeapingBenHarper said:
Making GF's doesn't mean you have done a lot. No prizes for coming 2nd and no nobody remembers the runner up.....
EXACTLY MY POINT, that is why Collingwood is the biggest and most famous club in Australia, we headed the premiership table for so long no other team has a chance of matching that, the generational memory of that dominance has created the mystique, and while it is indefinable other than those numbers it is a powerful force that affects supporters and media alike.
Nobody remembers 2nd and over a 100 years it was primarily everyone else that was 2nd!

Gunder said:
EXACTLY MY POINT, that is why Collingwood is the biggest and most famous club in Australia, we headed the premiership table for so long no other team has a chance of matching that, the generational memory of that dominance has created the mystique, and while it is indefinable other than those numbers it is a powerful force that affects supporters and media alike.
Nobody remembers 2nd and over a 100 years it was primarily everyone else that was 2nd!

Shouldn't you have close to 100 flags then ?

Gunder said:
EXACTLY MY POINT, that is why Collingwood is the biggest and most famous club in Australia, we headed the premiership table for so long no other team has a chance of matching that, the generational memory of that dominance has created the mystique, and while it is indefinable other than those numbers it is a powerful force that affects supporters and media alike

good lord, are your parents in jail?
because letting you truant your way through school is a crime.

buy a clue.

you're club is like the sad aging bully, with a hip replacement and a zimmer frame. You invoke more sympathy than awe, and when some twerp pops up about the past, people just wonder where they came from.

I'd feel pretty ashamed if my club was the greatest, but couldn;t turn that into single meaningful thing in half a century.

LeapingBenHarper said:
Shouldn't you have close to 100 flags then ?
Dont you know what I mean by heading the Premiership table?
You can still do that in years you dont actually win a premiership
it is success over time
how long you can stay at the top
and nobody comes close to us over the 100 years

Gunder said:
it is success over time

So in years to come Port will go down as the best team in the last 3 years ?? Just trying to work out your lack of logic.....

Crow-mosone said:
good lord, are your parents in jail?
because letting you truant your way through school is a crime.

buy a clue.

you're club is like the sad aging bully, with a hip replacement and a zimmer frame. You invoke more sympathy than awe, and when some twerp pops up about the past, people just wonder where they came from.

I'd feel pretty ashamed if my club was the greatest, but couldn;t turn that into single meaningful thing in half a century.
If you were relevant, you'd be Victorian, now shut up and do what you are supposed to, make up the numbers for the superpowers of the league to chew up and spit out

Gunder said:
it is success over time

so you don't think winning premierships is important.

of course you don't, you're a collingwood supporter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Overall, which club is more successful?

Back