Autopsy Paddy and Ray v Hawks in Hodges 300th

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow
Why respond and feed the troll?
Geelong have as much chance of winning the flag as I have of pulling a Victoria's Secret model

A bit of respect for Geelong: they've won 3 premierships in the last 44 years.

What club has a great record like that?

;)

This year after 17 rounds, Geelong have had 5 games decided by under a goal, winning 4 (all by under 3 points) and a draw. They are 11 wins, 4 losses and a draw. They have a % of 118.1

Last year after 17 rounds, Hawthorn had 4 games decided by under a goal, winning all 4. They were on 13 wins and 3 losses and a % of 119.5.

Everyone was writing Hawthorn off because they only had the 7th best % of the teams in the top 8 (not that there was a great deal between 1-7).

Geelong are a fake team who, without umpiring assistance, would have lost their close matches against North, Port, Freo and Hawthorn. They shouldn't even be in the 8. They are a worse team than what Hawthorn were last year and will be found out in September.

This year after 17 rounds, Geelong have had 5 games decided by under a goal, winning 4 (all by under 3 points) and a draw. They are 11 wins, 4 losses and a draw. They have a % of 118.1

Last year after 17 rounds, Hawthorn had 4 games decided by under a goal, winning all 4. They were on 13 wins and 3 losses and a % of 119.5.

Everyone was writing Hawthorn off because they only had the 7th best % of the teams in the top 8 (not that there was a great deal between 1-7).

Geelong are a fake team who, without umpiring assistance, would have lost their close matches against North, Port, Freo and Hawthorn. They shouldn't even be in the 8. They are a worse team than what Hawthorn were last year and will be found out in September.

They'll get found out in September, and then we can enjoy 6 months of tears from the media again

By the numbers:

5 players with a disposal efficiency under 70% - Burton 58%, Mitchell 60%, Breust 64%, Duryea 64%, Langford 68%.

Stewart and O'Brien with 6 disposals.

Roughead and Hodge 5 clangers

Hodge, Heatherley, Hartung, Langford and Gunston 0 tackles

Forward pressure - Tackles: Breust 2, TOB 2, Stewart 3

Frees Against - Hodge 5, Roughead 4.

That's why we lost, not Isaac Smith.

CHAMPER

Last edited:
FWIW at the game supporters from both teams thought Ray was a joke, but also that the frees went both ways. Some of the 50's were unfathomable. Both teams were throwing the ball around at will.

We were lucky to win.

Mate you blokes won the free kick count and the non-calls, spare me. The Ruff high in the last was a joke, cmon dude.

Kicked ourselves out of the game. It's easy to pick on Smith for missing that shot, but heaps of our players missed gettable shots. Howe, Langford, Breust to name a few. Henderson's couple of blunders that cost us early. Hodge high tackle on Selwood late in the game. Shit happens. Would have been nice to keep the season alive but realistically we were never going to compete for the flag this year.

Given we have so many young players made me feel better about today. We have challenged the best teams in the last month, that in itself is huge given our shocking start to the year. We have showed we can compete with the best. By adding a few pieces to our list I believe we will shoot up the ladder much faster than most teams, much to the disgust of others looking forward to our downfall.

I really liked what Hartung brought today, slowly developing into the wing we desperately need. Over the last month, is making less mistakes and taking the game on with his speed. Sicily is growing before our eyes, great composure and has real mongrel about him. Mitchell in, Mitchell out has been justified, easily recruit of the year. Will make All Australian, taking the edge off our trade period (for me anyway). By bringing in Tom, it has actually taken pressure off Jaeger, even Ty. Pressure off the club also. He played brilliantly today, hats off to you Tom. There is no way Clarko will let him shoulder the load for too long, expect some changes to our list to give him a chop out.

I loved watching Rough leading by example today, wrecking ball. Maybe not his best game in terms of stats, but his best as a captain. Too many passengers today, no need to name names. Was frustrating cause we could have blown the game open but lacked the experience we once had. End of the day, we lost to one of the top teams in the comp by a kick. Bottom line. Great effort. I personally feel much better, as opposed to when we were getting belted by 10 goals. There is hope, that's all I need.

In total for both teams you would struggle to find 10 players who could be genuinely satisfied with their performance.

Very frustrating.

Mate you blokes won the free kick count and the non-calls, spare me. The Ruff high in the last was a joke, cmon dude.

Free kicks did not make us bomb blindly inside 50, have no forward pressure, take only 12 marks inside or switch Burton to Dangerfield 40 mins earlier.

By the numbers

9 more inside 50's

39 more disposals

9 less tackles

CHAMPER

Dangerfield has a sore foot, thinks he'll play next week. The guy is a fraud, wants everyone to laud his brave effort. His performance came straight out of broadway, the limp he often forgot about for a few strides and then realised he needs to get back to his acting.

He got his wish, backpage. Hope the tossa never wins a flag

Dangerfield has a sore foot, thinks he'll play next week. The guy is a fraud, wants everyone to laud his brave effort. His performance came straight out of broadway, the limp he often forgot about for a few strides and then realised he needs to get back to his acting.

Yeah I'm sure they staged him being off for most of a quarter and then played him out of the goal square for the rest of the match

Stop talking shit

Firefighter, I see you are new to Bigfooty, so I guess a little latitude should be given.
However, what makes you think that 1000's of Hawk supporters reading this (on their board) gives a flying fig what you reckon?
Go away. I'm being polite.
I didn't realise he was 36. I thought we were dealing with a 12 year old. I wouldn't have been so harsh if I had known he had special needs. Poor guy.

did you not see Roughead flatten him? then Hodge bash into him? i think he was legit hurt, just was to strong and smart with his leads, he lead like a genuine star forward and has vice like hands

(Log in to remove this ad.)

did you not see Roughead flatten him? then Hodge bash into him? i think he was legit hurt, just was to strong and smart with his leads, he lead like a genuine star forward and has vice like hands

If he was that bad he wouldn't have played, I'll stick to my guns. If he plays this week it's rubbish, let's see what the "official diagnosis" is.

Yeah I'm sure they staged him being off for most of a quarter and then played him out of the goal square for the rest of the match

Stop talking shit
While it doesn't look good for tiges logic, there's a certain history to this. Guy is as fake and limelight grabbing as they get. But agree doesn't look like it on this occaision, pretty sure he faked the limp when he came back on though.

ha, i actually had the same thought at the game. Him hobbling around def looked exaggerated given he had no trouble whatsoever when the ball was to be won... He's so brave.

No doubt he won the match of his own boot (he should've kicked 8) but he got a heap of dodgy frees, and regulation uncontested marks.

I ****en loved how Heatherly actually followed through and layed that heavy bump on Dangerfield.
Of course the umpire couldn't get over quick enough to help Dangerfield up, tell Heatherly off for being a bit rough and pay it down field. Players still crack in but league head honchos and the officiating is turning it into a staging laden, pathetic shit show.

Oh, and then there's the inconsistently of it all. Hartung had his ribs crushed late the same way Dangerfield was 'felled' in the last quarter. No call. It's frustrating. It's not enjoyable.

How many games do I watch these days that I would day are enjoyable?

Yesterday was a great match in terms of how close it was, the physicality of the players at the ball and opposition and the final couple of minutes. But it's all ****ing undone by how monumentally shit the game is officiated AND the way players & fans react to thing like holding the ball and deliberate pleas. We, and the players, should never feel it's worth a shot to plea for a deliberate out of bounds that clearly we not just that. That deliberate call against Hawkins in the 3rd was the point of no return for any faith I had that somehow the umpiring, and the way spectators, see the game was ever going to return to what's 'just'.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

While it doesn't look good for tiges logic, there's a certain history to this. Guy is as fake and limelight grabbing as they get. But agree doesn't look like it on this occaision, pretty sure he faked the limp when he came back on though.

One of my very best mates, massive Geelong supporter, Long time sports physio at multiple AFL clubs and Australian national teams planted the idea firmly in my head. He actually said it's bizarre that he would continue to play through an impact injury, particularly with the foot as the likelihood of complications and further damage is high ala Jack Viney (his words).

So whilst Dr.Gralin can tell me to "stop talking shit", it's not out of the question he was playing up to it just a wee bit (by wee bit I mean the majority of it)

Add Dan Howe into that also
Add everybody who cannot convert from 30-35 metres out 99% of the time. Often when I go see them at training the goal practice is from 45-50metres out and often on tight angles. I don't know what the figures are but it seems to me it's the 'easy' shots from not far out on moderate angles that we seem to miss that are the killers. No use how fit a guy is if he cant kick goals.

Firefighter, I see you are new to Bigfooty, so I guess a little latitude should be given.
However, what makes you think that 1000's of Hawk supporters reading this (on their board) gives a flying fig what you reckon?
Go away. I'm being polite.
There is a Handbag troll another forum called FireFighter from the tone of the posts it is the same person, here he should familiarise himself with the Bay or be banned.

One day I just wish I could go to one of these games and not watch Hawthorn kick it on top of Taylor/Lonegan/Henderson/Zac ******* Smith's head all day.

There is no one out there who can mark it FFS :mad:

And most times there was another guy free at 45 out. Hit the free guy :mad::mad::mad:

Every Single Time it is the same. And obviously every single time Geelong win

Idiots

I've said it before, we need to tumble the ball in to our forward 50 against Geelong, Langford goal kicking style.

Was sat behind the goals at the punt road end and was surrounded by Geelong supporters, they are by far the most arrogant and entitled fans in the league. Was livid when Smith missed but Langford and Duryea I believe missed two goals earlier in the quarter and that killed us. Commendable effort considering injuries but I hate losing to that lot.

On the TSFS Cornes spoke about how Danger is known amongst his Adelaide peers for exaggerating injuries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Paddy and Ray v Hawks in Hodges 300th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back