Autopsy Paddy and Ray v Hawks in Hodges 300th

Remove this Banner Ad

So why did smith play on?

Like everyone I've been hung on that question too.
There's the obvious, avoiding a difficult moment in the brightest glare etc..

But there's also this take.
What do they say the definition of dumb is? Doing the same thing that doesn't work - over and over again?
In some ways, in that most vital of moments, he trusted an instinct that couldn't have taken more than milliseconds to navigate, to hit the jets and take the shot on the run.
While he hasn't been as electrifyingly good at those finishes as he once was, it's probably still his favored and more reliable method of getting the ovoid through the big sticks.
He took the risk.
Have to back a player in that situation to pick the road to success he feels best about.

Personally I keep thinking #40 is billy too

Billy had a heap, Stewart unsighted

Kade really hasn't come on like we'd hope, hopefully he has a few more cracks at it before seasons out.

Billy actually made decisive decisions with the footy yesterday, he backed himself in and it paid off.

The kids have proven to be better than I thought which is unreal, perhaps with Jags getting fit (hope and wish more than anything) and Stratts and Birch getting back, going to Free Agency could propel us quicker than we all thought.

I think if Langer's is going to continue to play forward, he needs to get his goal kicking sorted out.
No point him leading out if he can't convert.
The fitness gurus won't allow to much extra goal kicking practice , the player might overload and get injured , a subject our blokes are expert at.

One day I just wish I could go to one of these games and not watch Hawthorn kick it on top of Taylor/Lonegan/Henderson/Zac ****ing Smith's head all day.

There is no one out there who can mark it FFS :mad:

And most times there was another guy free at 45 out. Hit the free guy :mad::mad::mad:

Every Single Time it is the same. And obviously every single time Geelong win

Idiots

I get we don't have monsters on the park but we have had the exact same game plan against this mob for a long time.

Play short people as our targets-Poppy Doc Langers Breust against monsters Henderson Taylor Lonergan and bomb it in and hope for the best.

If Langford can lead out and mark it what the eck is wrong with Gunston doing that who once upon a time was a great set shot for goal.

Speaking of set shots Breust has lost all his confidence. He needs someone back at the club to work with him. Looks like a nervous wreck every time he has it inside 40 and wants to dish it off.

His miss last week against the Giants was a sitter for a forward and cost us the win and again yesterday he missed sitters.

A great game. Hard run off the ball all day and only for an unfortunate period in the third did players play as individuals. A shame to lose (and miss a few gettable shots that could make the difference) but that was a good effort. Heads held high.

And Hodge with the late goal to give us a chance. Man, I'm going to miss him.
I turned around to a couple of Cats behind me and yelled at them: "EVEN IF WE LOSE, HE STILL DID THAT! HE STILL DID THAT!".

Unfortunately, the first part happened as well...

Haven't watched any of the game and only listened to the last 2 minutes.

Was pretty happy we came back from where we were and nearly won.

I nearly drove off the road when they said Smith had the ball with 5 seconds left :(

Oh well

I actually think the Cats were the better team. Better in respect of making the most of the forward entries (they didn't panic) and their ability to mark the footy in a contest. They were just more composed.

As for the umpiring, yes there were some dodgy ones, but I'd like to know that now that Chris Judd has retired, had the "360 rule" been scrapped ? Their players got the hands away on most occasions, but they were frequently allowed a full 360 and more to do so
FWIW at the game supporters from both teams thought Ray was a joke, but also that the frees went both ways. Some of the 50's were unfathomable. Both teams were throwing the ball around at will.

We were lucky to win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Law of average he's nailed some beautiful kicks in the past he has to miss a few now!
That's not how the law of averages works.

If you toss a fair coin and it comes up heads 5 times in a row, the chances of it coming up tails next has not increased, it is still 0.5. But if it continues to come up heads, your conclusion shouldn't be "Well it's definitely going to be tails this time, your conclusion starts to become "It's probably not a fair coin and it is less likely to come up tails."

If smithy has kicked a few pearlers in the past, it increases his chances of kicking pearlers in the future. The logic of saying "He's kicked wel in the past, the law of averages says he should miss a few now" suggests when we are ten goals up, we should be aiming for out on the full every kick in the last quarter to get them out of the way now, so we kick them when it counts.

We had our chances and wasted them. Geelong got about six goals from free kicks inside their 50.

Breust should've kicked 3 or 4 and Langford and Howe both missed easy shots.
Nobody likes a devils advocate, keep saying it as it is. Breust should have kicked a couple more but as we have come to expect from him lately he misses some cheapies. Langer's should be at least fifty fifty with his shots and Howe who knows?
The game wasn't lost in the dying seconds, it was lost due to poor conversion and some undisciplined stuff earlier in the game.
Love unsociable hawks, but the best unsociable hawks didn't give away 50m penalties.

FWIW at the game supporters from both teams thought Ray was a joke, but also that the frees went both ways. Some of the 50's were unfathomable. Both teams were throwing the ball around at will.

We were lucky to win.
You were lucky, but Razor Ray was equally bad for both sides? Laughable. Yes he made mistakes both ways, but no where near the same extent. When Clangerfield Bartelled his way out of a marking contest early and got a free for it, I knew we were going to be Razored up the clacker all day. Nice to see Jimmy having input into geelong on field behaviour even now.

You were lucky, but Razor Ray was equally bad for both sides? Laughable. Yes he made mistakes both ways, but no where near the same extent. When Clangerfield Bartelled his way out of a marking contest early and got a free for it, I knew we were going to be Razored up the clacker all day. Nice to see Jimmy having input into geelong on field behaviour even now.
Just telling it how we all saw it. I'll see myself out.

That's not how the law of averages works.

If you toss a fair coin and it comes up heads 5 times in a row, the chances of it coming up tails next has not increased, it is still 0.5. But if it continues to come up heads, your conclusion shouldn't be "Well it's definitely going to be tails this time, your conclusion starts to become "It's probably not a fair coin and it is less likely to come up tails."

If smithy has kicked a few pearlers in the past, it increases his chances of kicking pearlers in the future. The logic of saying "He's kicked wel in the past, the law of averages says he should miss a few now" suggests when we are ten goals up, we should be aiming for out on the full every kick in the last quarter to get them out of the way now, so we kick them when it counts.

Ha! I don't believe the alias grumbleguts is grumbly enough.

Just telling it how we all saw it. I'll see myself out.

So you don't believe all the tweets from neutrals saying things like
3 votes clangerfield
2 votes Mitchell
1 vote Razor Rayare founded in any factual basis at all?

You "all" must be "seeing" different games too the rest of the footballing world who actually watched it, rather than seeing it.

Clangerfield? Does not make sense. He made Hodge look like a first gamer.

So much crying about umpires from #freekickhawthorn, ironic.
You might want to learn to read, that way you'll see that he's been called clangerfield for pretty mjuch his entire career. Pretty rich using the hashtag with duckwood in your team. Now piss off back to your pathetic little methlabtown.

By clueless people that have no idea, I don't doubt that for a minute. Just seems strange he gets called that after ripping your pathetic team a new one. hehehehehe.....

Dustbin Martin is the true Clanger King, but I doubt facts interest people like you.
How do you know that the person reading these posts to you is reading what is written? I'm prepared to perhaps believe the person writing your posts for you may be trolling you a little, perhaps it's a little of both.

Firefighter, I see you are new to Bigfooty, so I guess a little latitude should be given.
However, what makes you think that 1000's of Hawk supporters reading this (on their board) gives a flying fig what you reckon?
Go away. I'm being polite.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Paddy and Ray v Hawks in Hodges 300th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back