Autopsy Paddy and Ray v Hawks in Hodges 300th

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I'm sure they staged him being off for most of a quarter and then played him out of the goal square for the rest of the match

Stop talking shit
Moved beautifully whenever the ball went in his area on the forward line, mysterious limp suddenly disappeared! Limp magically re-appeared when he shanked a left footer in the corridor.

I ****en loved how Heatherly actually followed through and layed that heavy bump on Dangerfield.
Of course the umpire couldn't get over quick enough to help Dangerfield up, tell Heatherly off for being a bit rough and pay it down field. Players still crack in but league head honchos and the officiating is turning it into a staging laden, pathetic shit show.

Oh, and then there's the inconsistently of it all. Hartung had his ribs crushed late the same way Dangerfield was 'felled' in the last quarter. No call. It's frustrating. It's not enjoyable.

How many games do I watch these days that I would day are enjoyable?

Yesterday was a great match in terms of how close it was, the physicality of the players at the ball and opposition and the final couple of minutes. But it's all ******* undone by how monumentally shit the game is officiated AND the way players & fans react to thing like holding the ball and deliberate pleas. We, and the players, should never feel it's worth a shot to plea for a deliberate out of bounds that clearly we not just that. That deliberate call against Hawkins in the 3rd was the point of no return for any faith I had that somehow the umpiring, and the way spectators, see the game was ever going to return to what's 'just'.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Agree with what you say. Although I don't recall the Hawkins one, that call against Langford in the 1st quarter when we kicked towards an approaching Hawthorn player in the forward pocket, which he miskicked for the ball to bounce and roll out and be called deliberate. I lost my shit then!! FFS, he was aiming towards an approaching teammate .....why the hell would he want to DELIBERATELY kick it out of bounds. These umps have no sense of what's going on and simply make crude guesses at crucial times.

Pretty bummed we missed out on yesterday but it was crazy we had a chance to win it.

Lots to like about the young guns coming up.

In the first quarter the kicking inside 50 was completely atrocious, Auskick level. We needed to build a lead while we had the early momentum, and later on we missed sitters.

I hope we play the Cats in the GF next season.

Hopefully we smash them by 15 goals, but if not, I'd like to see thIs:

The Cats lead by 4 points late in the final quarter. Dangerfield wins a soft free kick, 25 metres out, with 50 seconds to go. The commentators gush about him, using terms such as "Saint Patrick", "hero", "match winner" and "get him up here, I want to boof him".

Dangerfield misses the set shot.

Hawthorn go forward where Isaac Smith marks, 48 metres out, with 0.03 on the clock.
The siren sounds.
Commentators use terms such as pressure, past history, and choker. Hawk pessimists recall the 2016 QF, but the optimists recall the 2013 GF.

Millions hold their breath as Smith lines up from outside 50, with 18 Cat players and 3 umpires all waving their arms on the mark.

Isaac Smith kicks a GOAL. Hawks win. Smith exorcises his demons with one of the greatest pressure goals of all time. Dangerfield is the villain and all Cat fans have to choke on their vomit. Again. :)

Moved beautifully whenever the ball went in his area on the forward line, mysterious limp suddenly disappeared! Limp magically re-appeared when he shanked a left footer in the corridor.

Stop talking shit, as if he'd ever fake it, I mean it's totally impossible like an athlete would never feign something like that ;)

On the TSFS Cornes spoke about how Danger is known amongst his Adelaide peers for exaggerating injuries.

Cornes is either liked or dislked, there's no in between. What I like about him is he says exactly what many think, good on him, I agree with the guy. He is also in a good position to comment considering he grew up, played against and knows most of the guys at the Crows.

I really don't like the Danger-whinging in here.

The guy put on one of the most amazing displays you could imagine. Roughy lined him up and crunched him beautifully.
So did Hodge.
The guy still kicked 6.5 or whatever it was.

I don't care if he exaggerates injuries. The hodge and Roughy efforts would have slowed 99% of players down to a walk, but danger was still their best player and basically won them the game.

Commentaters? Well they're a bunch of hyperbolic w***ers, so don't let them make you hate a champion player. Danger is a champ and we saw an amazing display.

It really sucks that Hodge's goal wasn't the match winner, or the Smith didn't nail it. The final result didn't go our way but shit there was a lot to like.

Unfortunately, Geelong once more reduced us to a team that can't take a mark but still opts for forward line long bombs. Not sure how they do it, but they do it every single time.

Poor goal kicking has cost us two weeks in a row - but that's the easiest of all the problems to fix. The last month of the season is going to be great. It's great because Clarko doesn't tank, even when he's got the chance to.

Stop talking shit, as if he'd ever fake it, I mean it's totally impossible like an athlete would never feign something like that ;)
I'm not saying he was faking injury as clearly copped a corkie but he definitely made the most of it! He is a superstar and like that guy that used to play for us he is clearly a look at me type of player. And like the other superstar of the competition (little Gary) he handles injury like a delicate flower. The way Selwood and Sloane tried to brush off trainers after being both knocked out, is the way real superstars react to being hurt.

On the TSFS Cornes spoke about how Danger is known amongst his Adelaide peers for exaggerating injuries.

It will be called sour grapes, although an Adelaide supporter alluded to much the same thing on the mb game day thread.

I did find it interesting that at Rd 17 you allowed a player who couldn't even get off the ground to be the one to make the decision as to whether he stay out or not and risk doing more damage. Also as harsh as it is and even unsportsmanlike I don't understand why he wasn't "tested" a bit more rather than being given enough room for a semi trailer to move around him for the next two quarters

Really proud of the guys the way they have played over the last month considering we have played the top 3 teams and could well have beat all 3. And to think we barely have 22 fit AFL ready players to choose from makes it even more meritorius.

In other news, hearing about all the social media abuse Smith has been copping since yesterday is pretty disheartening. Especially when it's from our own supporter base. I would quite happily have hawthorn a 10% smaller club if it meant we could eradicate the utter filth portion of our supporter base (and yes, there's the same at every club...)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In other news, hearing about all the social media abuse Smith has been copping since yesterday is pretty disheartening. Especially when it's from our own supporter base. I would quite happily have hawthorn a 10% smaller club if it meant we could eradicate the utter filth portion of our supporter base (and yes, there's the same at every club...)

Our supporter base has a fair amount of drongos. Look no further than the abuse Tyrone Vickery has coped from day 1. He's never been given a chance.

I recall sitting in the Box Hill rooms with Zac Dawson one Sunday afternoon when he lied to the coach saying he needed a slash, but he actually was so upset at the abuse the "supporters" behind the goal were subjecting him to that he was in tears and didn't want to go back out. It took 25 mins to convince Zac to return to the field and that really opened my eyes to how fickle and shit footy fans are.

Smith missed a goal. He missed one last year. Hands up who hasn't made two mistakes in their workplace in the last 11 months?

CHAMPER

Cat's fans who don't think they're a two man team are utterly bewildering.
"But but but but but what about Henderson? What about Tuohy?"

Uhhh....you won by 3 points with one half of your two man team kicking 42% of your ****ing score....

Might as well be renamed Patrick Dangerfield FC at this point....

I'm not saying he was faking injury as clearly copped a corkie but he definitely made the most of it! He is a superstar and like that guy that used to play for us he is clearly a look at me type of player. And like the other superstar of the competition (little Gary) he handles injury like a delicate flower. The way Selwood and Sloane tried to brush off trainers after being both knocked out, is the way real superstars react to being hurt.

He played it up, others play it down. As you said the Selwoods and Hodges don't even want people to know they have a limp.

Cat's fans who don't think they're a two man team are utterly bewildering.
"But but but but but what about Henderson? What about Tuohy?"

Uhhh....you won by 3 points with one half of your two man team kicking 42% of your ******* score....

Might as well be renamed Patrick Dangerfield FC at this point....

Highlights like our 2015 flag and the Bulldogs 2016 that you don't have to be that good to win a Premiership these days.

When the comparisons are similar to the NBA that you can bring in a gun ball hog and win a title speaks more about the quality of the league.

Difference being, we field 18, not 5.

Expansion teams are the worst thing possible considering the size of the talent pool sides are developed from.

CHAMPER

It will be called sour grapes, although an Adelaide supporter alluded to much the same thing on the mb game day thread.

I did find it interesting that at Rd 17 you allowed a player who couldn't even get off the ground to be the one to make the decision as to whether he stay out or not and risk doing more damage. Also as harsh as it is and even unsportsmanlike I don't understand why he wasn't "tested" a bit more rather than being given enough room for a semi trailer to move around him for the next two quarters

Nah, I agree. That leg should have been targeted at every opportunity. The goal is to win. He was the difference.

Dont get all the Dangerfield faking stuff, he went off probably got a jab , strapped back up and was good enough to come back on and expose a very inexperienced backline.

He was just too good and the guys would have learnt a heap out there, cant help but feel one more experienced head (Birchall or Stratton ) may have tipped the scales our way

I just hope we finish the season off strongly , after round 6 I thought we were in for a world off pain .
Add a few of the experienced guys back in , hopefully a fit Omera ( dare I say it ) and I think we can be very competitive in 2018

Really proud of the guys the way they have played over the last month considering we have played the top 3 teams and could well have beat all 3. And to think we barely have 22 fit AFL ready players to choose from makes it even more meritorius.
Meritorius is right. It's a ridiculous month that would rival the results of almost any team with that run. On early season form those games would have been 10+ goal losses.

Awesome.

I really don't like the Danger-whinging in here.

The guy put on one of the most amazing displays you could imagine. Roughy lined him up and crunched him beautifully.
So did Hodge.
The guy still kicked 6.5 or whatever it was.

I don't care if he exaggerates injuries. The hodge and Roughy efforts would have slowed 99% of players down to a walk, but danger was still their best player and basically won them the game.

Commentaters? Well they're a bunch of hyperbolic ******s, so don't let them make you hate a champion player. Danger is a champ and we saw an amazing display.

It really sucks that Hodge's goal wasn't the match winner, or the Smith didn't nail it. The final result didn't go our way but shit there was a lot to like.

Unfortunately, Geelong once more reduced us to a team that can't take a mark but still opts for forward line long bombs. Not sure how they do it, but they do it every single time.

Poor goal kicking has cost us two weeks in a row - but that's the easiest of all the problems to fix. The last month of the season is going to be great. It's great because Clarko doesn't tank, even when he's got the chance to.
Danger knockers don't like footy that much IMO. He was awesome yesterday

I hope we play the Cats in the GF next season.

Hopefully we smash them by 15 goals, but if not, I'd like to see thIs:

The Cats lead by 4 points late in the final quarter. Dangerfield wins a soft free kick, 25 metres out, with 50 seconds to go. The commentators gush about him, using terms such as "Saint Patrick", "hero", "match winner" and "get him up here, I want to boof him".

Dangerfield misses the set shot.

Hawthorn go forward where Isaac Smith marks, 48 metres out, with 0.03 on the clock.
The siren sounds.
Commentators use terms such as pressure, past history, and choker. Hawk pessimists recall the 2016 QF, but the optimists recall the 2013 GF.

Millions hold their breath as Smith lines up from outside 50, with 18 Cat players and 3 umpires all waving their arms on the mark.

Isaac Smith kicks a GOAL. Hawks win. Smith exorcises his demons with one of the greatest pressure goals of all time. Dangerfield is the villain and all Cat fans have to choke on their vomit. Again. :)

You have way too much time on your hands mate....

Danger knockers don't like footy that much IMO. He was awesome yesterday

Stuff him.
He's just another opposition player.

There are about 700 of them and none of them wear those beautiful brown & gold colours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Paddy and Ray v Hawks in Hodges 300th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back