Autopsy Paddy and Ray v Hawks in Hodges 300th

Remove this Banner Ad

Would also like to add that I think some of our bagging of Selwood can be a little over the top at times.. Yes, the bloke gets a lot of free kicks due to the way he plays but at the end of the day he's not too dissimilar to Hodgey.. Hard as a cats head and a damn good leader of men..

The two have had some great battles over the years and crashed into each other many a time but they always shake hands at the end with a smile on their faces.. He was also quite respectful of Hodgey as he left the field.

Much prefer his style than the flat trackers like Motlop who run around and cause a fuss when they kick a goal after not having an impact for three quarters.

I rate Selwood really highly, for me he is much easier to like than the faker Dangerfield

Almost in tears, almost threw my iPad out the window, three weeks in a row.

Sad to see that Smith go through that moment again, will be hard to shake off I think. As for the rest of the team, a bit of a shocker from the back line defending against Dangerfield, if we had an answer to him, the match was all ours. That said, the team is amazing, still rocky, but what we have managed to achieve these last couple of weeks is to be commended.

And the commentators and umpires can flap right off... Killed so much momentum at crucial times in the match.

Guys if Smith had kicked it we would be calling him a legend, clutch etc. It was a 50 50 shot on the run and he missed it. It happens. Sucks that he's done it twice in a row now but calling him a choker, squib etc is ridiculous. Look at the amount of running he does to even get to the ball in the last seconds of the match.

Very proud of the effort. And we're still not officially dead..

Is it time we all moved on from Stewart being an exciting prospect?

2 weeks in a row I think he has struggled & failed to have any impact on the game.
Vickery would have been a better selection

Yeah, he's battled big time. Hardly seen all day.

That being said, I'd still keep playing him. Not playing finals and who knows, maybe he needs time to settle at the level.

Whilst Henderson has been good, I'd give Morrison a run soon too

Very proud of the team.Four or five of the young players are probably tiring as the season wears on.But you can see they are just one pre season away from taking the comp by storm.And McEvoy just keeps getting better.
By the way I feel Razor Ray cost us the match and maybe the season.Little does he know that plays right into our hands.We can now rest any mildly injured player and try more kids. Hopefully by the time next season rolls on Ray will have been pensioned off to join Goldspink comparing notes on who screwed Hawthorn the most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have been a fair way out probably 50/50 at best.

People being a bit hard on him imo.
Probably true but he had another shocking game which doesn't help. Frustration with the 2017 leadership group is very justified - they continue to let us down while the kids pull their weight.

I am livid with today's loss because we should have won. Umpiring was terrible and we wasted so many chances. And senior players continue to struggle.

The positives once again are in the performance of the younger players. It will of course be lost in the Dangerfield hysteria (not unjustified today, he killed us and Clarkson didn't handle his presence forward well) - but Tom Mitchell is looking like of the great trades of recent years. He's a superstar.

I don't particularly rate Dangerfields performance on the basis that he was beating far younger and inexperienced players. Of course he's a great player but all we will hear now is Danger this .....Danger that. And the fact that we were missing the likes of Frawley, Stratton and especially Birchall in that backline will go unnoticed.
That said I'm very proud of the boys effort. They could have folded in the 3rd quarter but bounced back to almost steal the win.
Just hurts that these campaigners just keep on winning most the tight ones. I hate that.

Going to have to disagree with you on this one.
Dangerfield was immense and completely inspirational, he could hardly walk at times.
Single handedly the difference between the 2 sides and deserves all the plaudits that he has coming in this instance.

It was a match winning goal in a GF.
Q4 04:30
GOAL HAWKS A major for the ages as tempo football sees Sewell rewarding Smith's hard lead. Completed from 60m out, he unwinds with a cannon from 50m which swings back to split the middle.
At that early on in the final quarter, the pressure isn't exactly there.

This was the final goal from us in the game.
Q4 12:35
GOAL HAWKS Arguably the straw that broke the Dockers back as Puopolo's long bomb is played into the path of B.Hill who thunders into the goal square before stopping to dribble it home. All over?

I don't particularly rate Dangerfields performance on the basis that he was beating far younger and inexperienced players. Of course he's a great player but all we will hear now is Danger this .....Danger that. And the fact that we were missing the likes of Frawley, Stratton and especially Birchall in that backline will go unnoticed.
That said I'm very proud of the boys effort. They could have folded in the 3rd quarter but bounced back to almost steal the win.
Just hurts that these campaigners just keep on winning most the tight ones. I hate that.
Then you under-estimate our youth and also forget that Hodge played on him when he kicked a few ...

Was at the game so I haven't been influenced by whatever the dead shit commentators had to say about it but I wasn't super critical of Smith playing on. At least not live and in the moment.. Which is the only way it should be judged.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Let's put this loss into perspective.

We are playing against a team who is gunning for the top spot on the ladder. We are a team no longer in transition but full on rebuild.

We are missing the following: Frawley, Stratton, Birchall, Rioli, Omeara, Puopolo. These players would without a doubt be best 22.

We lost the game by three points. THREE. Against a top 4 side. We even had the chance to bloody win it.

It was an amazing effort by the lads. We outplayed them for 120 minutes of the game. It's just a shame we couldn't ice it. It's another game of learning and teaching for the young blokes of the future. We have a bright one.

It's a shame we couldn't do it for Hodge's 300th. It's a shame the umpiring was atrocious (the Roughead non-free was absolutely damning and killed all our momentum).

But the positive is that as a side we are getting one step closer to our next flag. One week closer. One game closer.

Brand, Heatherley, Burton, Hardwick, Sicily, Howe and Stewart. Some of these players will be in our next flag. Some won't but the ones who are will benefit greatly from experiences like this.

What a brilliant game of football.

Guys if Smith had kicked it we would be calling him a legend, clutch etc. It was a 50 50 shot on the run and he missed it. It happens. Sucks that he's done it twice in a row now but calling him a choker, squib etc is ridiculous. Look at the amount of running he does to even get to the ball in the last seconds of the match.

Very proud of the effort. And we're still not officially dead..
Just need to win every game and rely on other results..

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Paddy and Ray v Hawks in Hodges 300th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back